Lord_Mortkin

Hi people. For those of you that didn't knew it, Zealot's Miniatures is going to do a kickstart at the end of September to produce Minotaur models (check out their FB page for renders). As such, I decided I might start a Warherd army.

Of course, many of you would recommend me to do a Brayherd army. Of course, some men like goats. Other men, like me, prefer cows. Especially Killer Cows. More precisely, Killer Cows from outer space. Sadly, GW will never do a Space Minotaur army. So Warhed will have to do. Tell me what you think of this list :

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Doombull
- General
- Pair of Axes
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade

Doombull
- Great Axe

Chaos Dragon (allied force)
-(This unit's warscroll can be found in the Warriors of Chaos Compendium).

Battleline
3 x Bullgors 
- Pairs of Axes
- Warherd Battleline

3 x Bullgors 
- Great Axes
- Warherd Battleline

3 x Bullgors 
- Axes & Bullshields
- Warherd Battleline

3 x Bullgors 
- Axes & Bullshields
- Warherd Battleline

Behemoths
Cygor 
Ghorgon 
Ghorgon 

Total: 1900/2000

For allies I would still prefer some goats instead of the dragon who is nether cow or goat.

Maybe:

Doombull (120)
Doombull (120)
3 x Bullgors (180)
3 x Bullgors (180)
3 x Bullgors (180)
3 x Bullgors (180)
40 x Ungors (200)
40 x Ungors (200)
Ghorgon (200)
Ghorgon (200)
Cygor (200)

Did anyone play Bullgors or test them?

Im planing to start them and dont know whats the best weapon choice and is banner and drummer that good? I dont like to play like 3 units of 3 models and all got banners and drummer it will be funny look :) but then again if its really that good i would think of it :P

TnX in front for any info

1 hour ago, KeX said:

Im planing to start them and dont know whats the best weapon choice and is banner and drummer that good? I dont like to play like 3 units of 3 models and all got banners and drummer it will be funny look :) but then again if its really that good i would think of it :P

I have not played them but I played against them. I would go for great axes and would put at least a drummer in every unit (and a banner if you run a large unit).

Havent played warherds but I will be adding some to my Spartan themed slaanesh army... but I have played my gutbusters extensively over the past few months. It really helps to have 1 bigger unit of 12 with them. Now the cows are a bit (well a lot) more expensive so 12 might be overkill. Still I would merge two of the three man squads you have listed. 

I've ran 6 x 3-man units and you need to spam more MSU, so like Ghorgons, more Doombulls as well so target saturation is a thing.  I wasn't unhappy with it, now I would be tempted to just take 30 Ungor Raiders to screen as I ran up for a 2nd turn charge.

going 6-man you'll want to buff those with a Plague Priest and maybe a Chaos Sorcerer in addition.  

On 9/13/2017 at 7:40 AM, KeX said:

Bullgors by themselves I think they might be useful as allies and anyway I haven t try them but having +1 on the charge for each enemy unit in 12" I think is pretty good. and considering you have a 5+ save u will lose some model so having the same principle but for the bravery brings you up at least at 7 or 8 every time especially if the Bullgor unit is not an ally but you are playing warherds.

Speaking of weapons I noticed a lot of units out there ignore rend of -1 (correct me if I m wrong but a lot of the time is either against shooting and CC) so the double axes might not be the best choice I would make. To be honest I really like great weapons; is true you loose one attack but with the general with the Lord of War trait close to one unit they  can really make the difference. Otherwise the shield is not bad. you have them a bit more tanky and if you add any alliable mage casting mystic shield bring them to 3+ with ayway a high chance of dashing out a good amount of damage.

Am I the only one liking the Cygor? having a moving cannon with the ability of unbind 2 spells looks reeeeeally good to me. And I think it would fall in the "target saturation" as well as a Ghorgon.

I haven't run one yet but a lot of the negative assessments I've seen (mostly along the lines of "why not a Ghorgon instead" because of the dual kit situation) have pointed out its loss of range with wounds taken and the difficulty of hitting consistently with one 4+ attack, even if it's d6 damage- you might not have a wizard to chuck at every turn.

Which is a shame, because it's an incredible model. I still plan to build mine as a Cygor to fit the theme of my Brayherd army (led by the old Malagor model, leaning heavily on the spooky, horror-centric Old World fluff for inspiration in painting).

re: Bullgors, I was wondering that myself- there really seems to be no reason not to just spam command groups, never mind that it looks silly and you'll rarely get the opportunity to model different weapons on anybody but the Bloodkine.

On 9/26/2017 at 12:45 PM, Frozenbeast said:

Bullgors by themselves I think they might be useful as allies and anyway I haven t try them but having +1 on the charge for each enemy unit in 12" I think is pretty good. and considering you have a 5+ save u will lose some model so having the same principle but for the bravery brings you up at least at 7 or 8 every time especially if the Bullgor unit is not an ally but you are playing warherds.

Speaking of weapons I noticed a lot of units out there ignore rend of -1 (correct me if I m wrong but a lot of the time is either against shooting and CC) so the double axes might not be the best choice I would make. To be honest I really like great weapons; is true you loose one attack but with the general with the Lord of War trait close to one unit they  can really make the difference. Otherwise the shield is not bad. you have them a bit more tanky and if you add any alliable mage casting mystic shield bring them to 3+ with ayway a high chance of dashing out a good amount of damage.

Am I the only one liking the Cygor? having a moving cannon with the ability of unbind 2 spells looks reeeeeally good to me. And I think it would fall in the "target saturation" as well as a Ghorgon.

I fully agree with you regarding Great Axes as rend is king.  

You might be, regarding the Cygor.  Mine sucked but again, it was off the on wrong flank and I guess a pair would suffice.

1 hour ago, merzbau said:

Which is a shame, because it's an incredible model. I still plan to build mine as a Cygor to fit the theme of my Brayherd army (led by the old Malagor model, leaning heavily on the spooky, horror-centric Old World fluff for inspiration in painting).

re: Bullgors, I was wondering that myself- there really seems to be no reason not to just spam command groups, never mind that it looks silly and you'll rarely get the opportunity to model different weapons on anybody but the Bloodkine.

I do that.  I spam 3 man CMD units.  But I try to shotgun approach it.  Doombull, 1-2 3-man units, Ghorgon all at once.  

30 Raiders as your ally isn't a bad idea.  Just saying.  

I want to add,.. When I watch Host of Slaanesh players (myself inc,  yeah,.. we're kinky) the mtd girls tend to be run forward as a group of 10 in a screen.

I was thinking of doing that with Centigors.  Too bad they lost their throwing axes.  But at 80 points for 5, you could screen a lot of Warherd units.  I haven't read their warscroll in a bit but you can maybe get a first turn charge and if not at least be a fun diversion.  I would likely take the old Warscroll for Ghorros as my buddies around here aren't tournament strict.  Plus,.. Ghorros is the Captain Kirk of sexuality in the beast kingdom.

Am I assuming correctly that if I have warherd allegiance I cannot pick command traits and artifacts from chaos? If so maybe then yeah the Cygor might result slightly random and a gorghon gives you more target saturation (even if I summoned one one and even with a very lucky charge at 9" he didn't really shine). I will give Warherd a go because just the Idea of a mass of furious cows running across the table with the only purpose of smashing bones is very satisfying. Although especially if I cannot pick any trait or artifact from chaos allegiance I don't really see them shining. While I definetly see them as Brayherd allies cause they add a bunch of hitting power, on their own I see them MEH...

Frozenbeast, you should be able to use the grand alliance Chaos traits and abilities for your warherd army as they all have the chaos keyword. Not sure what I would pick for a warherd army though, The Spiteful Destroyer with the Doombulls command ability means he's probably be triggering his blood greed pretty well. Items... +1 attack from the runeblade seems good for a great axe,

2 hours ago, jkav86 said:

Frozenbeast, you should be able to use the grand alliance Chaos traits and abilities for your warherd army as they all have the chaos keyword. Not sure what I would pick for a warherd army though, The Spiteful Destroyer with the Doombulls command ability means he's probably be triggering his blood greed pretty well. Items... +1 attack from the runeblade seems good for a great axe,

ok then, that make it easier. I was thinking of Lord of war and run a couple of "smash squads" one being one unit of three bull and a doombull with lord of war making almost sure to have that +1 to hit on either the doombull or the unit and then some killing power in the for of MW with the demon waepon. I ll give it a go and let you guys know (and yeah tried the runeblade already but on a doombull with double axe it's brutal!!!)

18 hours ago, jkav86 said:

Frozenbeast, you should be able to use the grand alliance Chaos traits and abilities for your warherd army as they all have the chaos keyword.

But can I have the warherd allegiance, so that I have bullgors as battleline, and having chaos traits and artifacts? or do I have to take the chaos allegiance and fill in 2 battle line from other factions (breyherd i guess as it makes more sense)?

I run them as allies, Great Axes on everything:

Doombull + 3 Bullgors

or

Ghorgon + 3 Bullgors

or

Doombull + Ghorgon

or

6 Bullgors

I would try double Ghorgon but I only have one. That new allies box tries to tempt me every time I see it. Then seems to say "hey why not buy 2, its really good value - you could have a whole army"

In reality I think a whole army would be dissapointing. You have no magic, no shooting, no mortal wound defence, no numbers...

It would look cool as anything but I think they are best used as allies or as a warband within a GA Chaos army

7 hours ago, Bowlzee said:

When you come up to Scenarios where Hero's score... and you only have 1 Doombul? You're already on the back foot.

I am not sure you need it now since behemoths score. Might be better (or atleast cooler) to just go full ghorgon. 

Archived