Ironjaw 2k, Brutefist

Dunn

Hello, this is my very first post here and wanted to get some advice on some ironjawz lists I have been brain storming, I currently am painting up my force to be ready for my first sigmar GT I will be attending in November. After a few test games with the new points I really wanted to try out something different, like possibly running a brute fist. The only limitation I have given myself is that I will not be painting any ardboyz for this event (future plans to convert some and simply will not have the time!) So i figured why not ask around and get some advice on a brute fist. Now I can tell that running an Iron fist will probably be my best bet as far as efficiency goes, but lets maybe see what we can come up with for not taking one? 

Rough Draft Brutefist 2k

Leaders

megaboss-140 Ironclad, The boss skewer

megaboss-140 Metalrippa's Klaw

warchanta-80

warchanta-80

grot shaman-80

grot shaman-80

Brute fist-120

10 brutes-360

5 brutes-180

5 brutes-180

5 brutes-180

5 brutes-180

Extra

3 goregruntas-140

Keep in mind I have not tried out the list just yet, but I do plan to this weekend. If it helps with any advice for list building what I have been drifting towards looks like this...(not sold on the MK or bloodtoofs yet xD)

Brute blob list

Leaders

Megaboss-140 bestial charisma

megaboss-140 destroyer

warchanta-80

warchanta-80

grot shaman-80

Ironfist-160

15 brutes-540

5 brutes-180

5 brutes-180

3 goregruntas-140

6 goregruntas-280

* all larger brute squads have jagged gore-hackas

Thank you all!

I've played a few games with the brutefist some battle reports dotted about this section of the  forum i think :-) I went down that route pre ghb2017 because I favoured the 5 man "brute darts" as a way of getting more rend -2 on the table (in the form of brute bosses) and because for 180pts the brutes are relatively expendable so you can focus on a waagh command abiltiy to get even more out of the Brutes.  Plus there's the D3 mortal wounds and the speed advantage of charging in hero phase then retreating to where you want to be (objective etc..) in the movement phase (can't charge in the charge phase then of course) 

Fast forward to ghb2017 and the brutefist is a great way of getting mortal wounds and the same benefits as before, but now you have some nice tools to mitigate their low bravery.  So potentially even stronger! 

I found though that against some enemies you really miss the Mawkrusha (who at 460 is even better value now) but that said against others more bodies and a double footboss is still bringing plenty of pain (and brutefist can make up a little for the loss of  Mawkrusha destructive bulk) the army is quite compact because you don't have the Ironfist which is also good if your a tight player because your heroes can keep up with the ladz. 

Personally I found 3x10 Ardboyz or 2x3 goregruntas and 10 Ardboyz to be a good accompanying force to screen the brutes (who can fight over the top if packed up close) and also as objective scorers to let the brutes go off and be... brutal. It's a fun way to play 

1 hour ago, Sangfroid said:

...and the speed advantage of charging in hero phase then retreating to where you want to be (objective etc..) in the movement phase...

This is an amazing point that I really hadn't considered, combined with MSU of brutes that's actually really solid. You are looking 1,080 points for 5*5 + brutefist but with some tarpits you could essentially get a free Arcanebolt per unit per turn if you set it up right. 

I can't help feeling it's more of a 2.5k than a 2k but still that's a solid idea.

You could cheese it by just adding one massive Ardboyz unit and a MK for 1,990...

Archived