Transporting Prosecutors

Charles

I managed to get my entire 2k Stormcast army in a Citadel Battle case, and it had 3 prosecutors and 3 winged Knight heroes. I just used the bottom foam section without the second "insert" purely for those models. The second layer then sits nicely on top and doesn't damage the wings. I put prosecutors base down in between the foam sections, and lay the bigger heroes wings-down. Works brilliants, actually!

On 11/09/2017 at 0:29 PM, Turragor said:

2) Got one of those steel plate standing cases and then magnets on the base.

Step 1. Get and metal biscuit/cake tin that is big enough to house them.

Step 2. Stick Magnets on the underside of the Prosecutors bases.

Step 3.  Place in the tin and rejoice that the obnoxiously sized wings don't have bits snap off because they fell over when you move the box half an inch.

In all seriousness though, this isn't a bad idea for any big models and or entire armies if you fear them being crushed in foam.

9 hours ago, Tidings said:

Here's some pics of my solution. I transport Sylvaneth and have yet to break a single twig, including the literal twigs glued to my treelord. Those would explode if they touched foam lol. 

This is great, could you tell us where did you buy these boxes from  ? They seem to have pretty good space. And I m guessing that the magnets you used all around the box are simple magnet trays or ?

3 minutes ago, Seraphage said:

This is great, could you tell us where did you buy these boxes from  ? They seem to have pretty good space. And I m guessing that the magnets you used all around the box are simple magnet trays or ?

They're just baking trays that came with plastic lids! I got one of them at Bed, Bath and Beyond, and the other three at a Target if I remember correctly. The magnets are simple rare earth magnets, picked up like 200 of them for $20 on ebay. Since the baking tray is metal the magnets stick to it well. 

The toolbox is one I ordered on Amazon, though any hardware store should have them. I just got this one because it was an inch taller, which is better for my Treelords. 

15 minutes ago, Tidings said:

They're just baking trays that came with plastic lids! I got one of them at Bed, Bath and Beyond, and the other three at a Target if I remember correctly. The magnets are simple rare earth magnets, picked up like 200 of them for $20 on ebay. Since the baking tray is metal the magnets stick to it well. 

The toolbox is one I ordered on Amazon, though any hardware store should have them. I just got this one because it was an inch taller, which is better for my Treelords. 

Woah this is just too good to be passed, I'm gonna get me some, thank you so much man !

I've used something similar, but with the added bonus that the boxes stack well

As above, magnets on the bases, I then use this stuff

Magnetic sheet

On the base of my containers, cut to fit, using these containers 

Really Useful Boxes

They stack really well so storage at home is great, have nice, secure lids so transporting in a car is easy. 

A company has even started making MDF inserts for them, should you want to make even better use of the space

Tray inserts

Hope this is helpful!

Archived