FEC failing to nurgle (Big time) help

steveara1

Hello everyone, jumped back into AOS with my brother a month ago. I'm playing mostly FEC but using Death aligence. I'm having a very hard time against his army mainly getting tabled by turn three. My list is as followed...

GKOTG general

GKOZD

X10 ghouls

X10 ghouls

X20 ghouls

X6 crypt horrors

X3 crypt horrors

X1 crypt horror courtier

X1 vourgulf 

What he plays

X1 glotkin

X1 great unclean one

X1 festus

X2 nurgle hareld 

X6 of the large flies

X3 large flies

X3 units of plauge guys that are battle line.

X5 blight Kings

Basically the flies are pretty much mowing down everything. With their buffs from glotkin/ harelds. The shooting from glotkin and the Great unclean one snipe off my key players. He always seems to get lucky with rolling a 1 and bringing 3 flies back. I've pretty much lost all hope in pure FEC models. I've switched things around like dropping 3 horrors changing the vargulf to a horror courtier and taking 10 ghouls out for a mourngul. This helped some but by the time I've killed off his heavy hitters, mine are all dead or barely hanging on. I've noticed if I stay all bunched up I can almost pull the game. Doing so how ever let's his fly's get on the objectives I leave behind while trying to kill his threats. I also can't afford to stretch the army out to control objectives. I'm kinda at a wits end, feel like shelving them and playing tzeentch. If I can't even beat a none competitive nurgle army how the hell am I going to stand a chance against a competitive army. I don't want to leave death, I love the models just feel like them as a faction have to many weak spots. 

First thing I can see is that your not taking the haunter courtier as general. If you do, it allows horrors to be taken as BATTLELINE, which in turn allows you to drop the small units of ghouls and add a second unit of 6 horrors.

if your struggling with the plague drones, I'd say get some flayers, at least 3 and send them up with your GKoZD, they should have no trouble removing the unit. 

I highly recommend going pure FEC allegiance. Throw completely delusional onto your haunter courtier (general) and. Blood river chalice on either your GKoZD/TG. Depends which one you rely on more.

i highly disagree with your comment about FEC having 'weak spots', FEC is my main army and I never struggle. I'd say our biggest struggle is an opponent who shoots a lot, but we are a very fast army and aggression is our strength. 

I've notice when I run my army and have the odd ghoul unit of 10, it's wasted points. Here's my 2k list I'm yet to try, but I feel this is a list that definitely will perform well.

GKoTG - Blood river chalice 

haunter courtier - general - completely delusional

varghulf courtier

cryit ghast courtier

GK on foot

6 horrors

6 horrors

30 ghouls 

3 crypt flayers

this list is interchangeable. You could drop 10 ghouls and the ghast courtier for 3 more flayers. You could either make that a unit of 6 flayers to attack the drones or split the flayers for 2 units of 3 to allow more flexibility.

for me, I prefer the unit of 30 ghouls as it's great at holding an objective, varghulf and ghast bring back ghouls on D6 2+ so that's good support. Both GK's should be in range of the majority of units to allow rerolls to hit.

my final advice is NEVER take a unit of 10 ghouls. Never. They don't do much and it's 100 points wasted. Good luck mate!

I'll try horrors as a battleline, this is some great advice. I'll also throw in a GK on foot. My local group only has two death players including me. I hardly ever see the other guy haha. The only thing that stops me from targeting the plauge drones right away is the shooting from the glotkin and great unclean one. They are always with in range of the flies to counter shoot what ever may charge into them. Hmm I may have a plan, thanks for the super late reply lol.

2k list fielding both GKoZD and GKoTG is too much of a points investment. I'd take GKoTG and that should be it for monsters. The ZD is 440 points, that's a unit of 6 horrors and 110 points remaining. A lot more bodies to assault the burgle lines. Once everything is engaged then send your GKoTG out in to the enemy backfield and start hero hunting. Throw unholy vitality on himself and he's a pretty tanky, solo hunter. 

this is the beauty of the game, playtest a few lists and you WILL find something that works for you. For me, horrors are my backbone and I build around them. Other FEC fanatics prefer flayers due to their speed and mortal wound output, which is a good argument. FEC are a lethal army mate, don't shelve them. They are amazing. I've played wanderers, Stormcast, ironjawz and mixed Aelves, but when I started FEC I was hooked instantly. Now I'm planning to expand into a deathlords army, but FEC will always remain favourites. 

4 hours ago, steveara1 said:

I'll try the horrors out and if they fail I'll go to ghoul swarm.  I never seem to do anything with the ghou

I'm the same, I usually field a unit of 20-30 ghouls but they usually end up all dead. It's probably because I take more care using the horrors.

• 1 month later...

Archived