Ootie and the Blowfist

Titcher

Hello all,

Been a lurker on other people's threads for so long I thought it to was about time I started my own thread to keep track of my army progress, battle reports and fluff I create for my gang.

Over the past few months I have been picking up models to build my army, some new, most second hand and I am attending a aos game day at my flgs next week so now it's time to get them together and try get my motley crew of models to resemble some sort of army. 

At this point I should point out I am not a painter. I don't have the patience or the skill yet I do like to play with a painted army so be prepared for some bad to ok painted models.

The game day at the weekend is likely to be 1500 points and this is the list I am taking, mainly because these are the models I have or can get in time for next week.

Ootie the megaboss - 140 points

Warchanter - 80points

Warchanter - 80points

Weirdnob shaman - 120 points

10 x Ardboys - 180 points

5 x brutes - 180 points

3 x 3 x gore gruntas - 420 points

Gorfist - 220

1420/1500

Thanks for reading and will post progress pics and fluff over the weekend.

Meet Ootie. I got this model painted while on holiday in Norfolk. Currently rebating him to be stood on the edge of a swamp. 

On his shoulder stands an owl who saved him when he was close to dying and now follows him around and feeds off the flesh of Ootie's conquests. 

20170902_151604.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So a quick update as I have already began to ignore this thread.

Last weekend I was due to go to my first intro to AOS day at my LGS unfortunatley due to two sick children and a wife with a broken arm I had to miss the day. Boo hoo. in order to console myself I have booked a ticket to Beers of War, a two day tournament in Wakefield, There is a 1500 AoS tournament on the Sunday so I am going to go to that. Great news.

Well not really as I have almost all the models for my 1500 point list, see below, but hardly any painted. Well at least I have some motivation now so best get painting.

The list I am taking is:

'Ootie the Megaboss - 140pts

Warchanter - 80pts

Weirdnob Shaman - 120pts

Grot Shaman - 80pts

30 Ardboys - 450pts

3 Gor-Gruntas - 140pts

3 Gore- Gruntas - 140pts

3 Gore-Gruntas - 140pts

5 Brutes - 180pts

Comes to 1470pts

Comments regarding this list are welcome but its probably too late for me to change as it would equire me buying building and painting new models.

Seems Fine tbh, 30 points drop is a bit harsh but at least you should get the triumph roll every time. I assume the shaman is going to be a Moonclan Grot Shaman? Unless his job is to sit in that block of 30 Ardboyz casting mystic shield the whole time, totally reasonable btw!

Let us know how the Goregruntas get on. My experience of them is that they are a tad underwhelming but I haven't used that many of them and I can't help feeling I'm using them wrong. 

What trait/artefact are you planning on running? Ironclad, Destroyer maybe?

Hi @Malakree thanks for the comment.

Haven't worked out traits artifacts yet the above list was more of a shopping/painting list  and was planning on working out my traits and artifacts closer to the time. Any suggestions though will be much appreciated.

I have read mixed results about the gore-gruntas but i love the models and like their warscrolls and as it is my first tournament I am not expecting to be anywhere near the top tables so I thought i would have a bit of fun and take something i wanted to try out.

The Shaman is  a grot shaman and yes his sole responsibility will be to sit with my ardboys and pop off mystic shield.

• 1 month later...

So no update for a while but here is a quick update.

Beers of war age of sigmar tournament was cancelled. Having it on the same day as the GT meant not enough people bought tickets so it was dropped. This was a major shame as the whole weekend looked fantastic fun  (the tournament was 40k Saturday, aos Sunday and Kings of war both days) the guys running it are cool and I was gutted not to go. Actually considered boring a kow army just so I could play but decided not to in the end.

Not attending the tournament meant that I could now slow down on the painting and actually put some time into each model rather than rushing through them like I was having to do. 

My megaboss has finally has had his base finished and I was able to try some new techniques and I am really happy with how it turned out. 

20171022_133734.jpg

20171022_133704.jpg

20171022_133638.jpg

Next up is to get my 9 gore gruntas base painted so I can then begin to go back and highlight and improve each one. 

Oh and get some games in although that might not happen in a while.

My local lgs has become an approved shadespire tournament store and as the game looks fantastic I think that might take over much of my playing time. 

Archived