Let's Chat: Nighthaunt

Rid

So I noticed that the Cairnwraith was no longer available, so I though maybe he's up for a rebox and went looking on some other GW local sites and it appears that in GB, AU, and NZ, he's not only now unlisted, he's also unsearchable(bat swarms and beast of nurgle are unlisted, but you can still find them with search). So I guess he's only available as part of the Tormented Spirits box. I wonder if that's a good sign it will stick around? I also noticed that on those three site Hexwraiths finally got reboxed(no surprising since they're also Black Knights and Deathrattle has seen a lot of reboxing), when did that happen?

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Rid said:

Best of luck!

what list do you plan to take?

thanks mate

my current list is as follows;

Allegiance: Nighthaunt

Leaders
Cairn Wraith (60)
- General
- Trait: Lingering Spirit 
- Artefact: Midnight Tome 
Cairn Wraith (60)
Cairn Wraith (60)
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- Allies

Battleline
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
- Nighthaunt Battleline
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
- Nighthaunt Battleline
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
- Nighthaunt Battleline
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
- Nighthaunt Battleline

Behemoths
Mourngul (400)
Mourngul (400)

Reinforcement Points (80)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 320 / 400

and leave some summoning for bat swarms, zombies, direwolves or another character

it has been working well against small elite armies & not too bad in most scenarios ^^

On 25/12/2017 at 6:49 AM, bsharitt said:

So I noticed that the Cairnwraith was no longer available, so I though maybe he's up for a rebox and went looking on some other GW local sites and it appears that in GB, AU, and NZ, he's not only now unlisted, he's also unsearchable(bat swarms and beast of nurgle are unlisted, but you can still find them with search). So I guess he's only available as part of the Tormented Spirits box. I wonder if that's a good sign it will stick around? I also noticed that on those three site Hexwraiths finally got reboxed(no surprising since they're also Black Knights and Deathrattle has seen a lot of reboxing), when did that happen?

Hey

Yeah I noticed this with the cairn-wraiths. Just finally dropped a load of cash getting a solid chunk of night-haunts after planning to for a long tim and when I went online to pick up what i couldn't get at my local store I see they cant be found. And if you follow a URL to the cairn wraith site it says "no longer available online". 

Can some one put my heart at ease about speculations of how night haunt is going to be treated from here ha.??

2 hours ago, UNIBROWshapist said:

Hey

Yeah I noticed this with the cairn-wraiths. Just finally dropped a load of cash getting a solid chunk of night-haunts after planning to for a long tim and when I went online to pick up what i couldn't get at my local store I see they cant be found. And if you follow a URL to the cairn wraith site it says "no longer available online". 

Can some one put my heart at ease about speculations of how night haunt is going to be treated from here ha.??

The Cairnwraith is still in the Nighthaunt box set, so not going any where. I suspect we'll be getting bunch of reboxes for death this year(possible all of death still sold) and he'll be getting a rebox.

On 20/01/2018 at 10:41 PM, Rid said:

Looks good! Lingering Spirit is +1 save or wound?

the double Mourngul has worked really well for me too

save :)

I took this to a local tournament on the weekend with 12 players and 3 rounds

Ended up with2 Majors and a minor loss giving me 3rd place ^^ also ended up coming third on killpoints @ 49XX which was cool too

curse of years off a new GUO was a good time too, arkhan did 13 wounds in combat with a mawcrusher, Mourngul eating a unit of 10 blightkins, my general with mystic sheild eating a unit of 20 chaos warriors were the highlights of the games :D

The Black Coach looks and feels like the general of Nighthaunt.   Is that how it plays out?  Should I max my wraiths banshees to I have 1 legal wraith,  2 legal banshees, 1 illegal liche from sources unknown that could become a banshee,  and 4 circa 1995 ghosts (that were the predecessor to spirit hosts) that could become illegal wraiths. 

What's the best ratio? 

And pics! I chose an open casket. 

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0405.jpg

IMAG0406.jpg

Quick question, as spirit hosts cause a mortal wound on a 6 or more to hit, does the new knight of shrouds command ability adds 1 to hit mean, without counting other modifies that spirit hosts would cause mortal wounds on a 5+?

thanks

7 minutes ago, Gill said:

Quick question, as spirit hosts cause a mortal wound on a 6 or more to hit, does the new knight of shrouds command ability adds 1 to hit mean, without counting other modifies that spirit hosts would cause mortal wounds on a 5+?

thanks

I believe so - he seems like a good counter for a -1 hit counter too.

ill put up more detail when i have time but ended up 24th out of 108 people at Cancon on the weekend. 3 major wins 2 Major losses but full paint scores & 14/15 secondary objectives (could have won my other games but made some mistakes)

26907807_2083436365210113_22134241866622

1 hour ago, Josh said:

ill put up more detail when i have time but ended up 24th out of 108 people at Cancon on the weekend. 3 major wins 2 Major losses but full paint scores & 14/15 secondary objectives (could have won my other games but made some mistakes)

26907807_2083436365210113_22134241866622

I actually watched you play several games, looked like you were having a good time..... 

I run two 6 host units and two 3 host units along with one 5 man Hexwraiths unit to go after objectives and support models.

the 3 base units work great as a pseudo bodyguard for a Mourngul as they can block off large areas of its base from threats and in turn are quite survivable under its -1 to hit aura

i guess it depends how your list is structured 

for me i prefer MSU just so you have that flexibility, like if your objective carriers get killed it seems like a waste sitting a unit of 6 on something 

but if you want to kill something , unless you roll bad its not going to really hurt you imo

but i do run 1 unit of 6 to scare people and if i get a reroll to hit triumph and if i want to used damned terrain

Based off of the current previews do you guys think you will run one of the new allegiances or stick with Nigthaunt? 

I feel like sacrament might be really upping the value of spirit hosts, especially with the ability to be affect by vanhels now.

What are you guys thinking?

Archived