Let's Chat: Nighthaunt

Rid

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Neck-Romantic said:

On a seperate note; any sighting of the Mourngul in the new GHB? Wondering how he will fit in with the new lineup. His -1 to hit aoe and self heal seems like a perfect candidate to bubblewrapped by ghasts or chainwrasps and spearheading straight into the thick of it

Mourngul is a Forge World model. It will not appear in the GHB.

4 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Mourngul is a Forge World model. It will not appear in the GHB.

Hopefully FW tweaks their stuff for 2.0 quickly.

Also so just to be sure do the leaked rules show little differences for the Black Coach? Any reason to run it (until the new plastic kit comes out with options)?

So in relation to the Mourngul, is he even worth using right now?  Everytime I use him he dies in a single round of combat, and often before he even gets to swing back.

He just seems like a massive point sink for something you could trade out for a bunch of other models.

Losing the -2 rend was a massive blow really, last time I used mine it held up drycha and a tree lord for 2 battlerounds before getting killed off.  According to the warscroll builder it's 350 not 400 points now, maybe a further reduction in points or change it's stats back to the original would make it plausible.

Loving the new models atm. Just finished painting my Executioner. I know it's not the most value-for-points unit, but I love the aesthetic.

shLbBCI.jpg

Forgive the terrible, terrible pic quality. My phone's main camera is dead so I've had to resort to the dreaded selfie camera on the front. It's somehow even more woeful.

30 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Loving the new models atm. Just finished painting my Executioner. I know it's not the most value-for-points unit, but I love the aesthetic.

shLbBCI.jpg

Forgive the terrible, terrible pic quality. My phone's main camera is dead so I've had to resort to the dreaded selfie camera on the front. It's somehow even more woeful.

How do you managed to get your hands on it pre release and how stable is it 

Another question is it possible to build two Chainrasp leader and two shackled guy

Can't say how I got them, but there's only exactly enough parts to build the models as shown. It's all push fit so they're cut in weird ways and don't really have any posability unless you were to take a knife to arms, etc and repose them that way.

The Executioner is stable but the entirety of the model balances on the axe haft and it tends to bounce a bit. He stands up okay, even on inclines, though I might put a penny under his base for good luck. Long term that axe haft is an obvious weakness, I guarantee you it'll break there if anywhere.

Sculpts are very good though, especially for push-fit. Personal favourites so far are the Executioner and the Mounted Knight of Shrouds.

18 hours ago, Neck-Romantic said:

Looks like everything so far has been summonable besides heroes and the Mourn

Nagash's 5x Deathly Incantation and now 30" unbind can fit extremely well as a single ally in a NH list

Arkhan is affordable as an ally. So is two vampire lords. Either choice would provide needed spell and resurrection support.

I’m not that impressed with what we’ve seen of NH summoning so far. One means is via a spell and the other requires causalities to be inflicted before it will work. Still, most factions would be happy just to have that much. 

I doubt nighthaunt will have a lot of built in healing, given their ethereal saves.  I'm more curious about alternate deployment methods for nighthaunt summonable units, which will more likely appear in the allegiance rules rather than directly on the warscrolls.

39 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

That's the thing stopping me from buying into Nighthaunt. It seems like I'd spend more time very, very carefully packing and repairing the models if I wanted to transport them to games than actually playing.

I do worry about that. They're too...spindly and thin to wrap up or squeeze into foam as well. They tangle on each other if you just put them in a box. 

I guess you could do the old magnetise the bases and have boxes with a metal sheet in the bottom for transport. Space inefficient and a little awkward, but doable. 

the magnet method is my preference, personally.  I'd recommend that.  Otherwise, I don't even know with some of those models.  I guess there's GW's wacky zigzag foam, but I've always been pretty skeptical of thsoe cases, and they're hecka pricey.

I've had great experiences with magnetized bases in combination with this kind of baking tray: 

https://www.amazon.de/TOP-STAR-253806-antihaftbeschichtete-Transporthaube/dp/B004PGL4DC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1529322429&sr=8-3&keywords=backblech+mit+deckel

It's not suitable for large models, but for infantry it's the best solution I've seen so far.

3 minutes ago, Sception said:

the magnet method is my preference, personally.  I'd recommend that.  Otherwise, I don't even know with some of those models.  I guess there's GW's wacky zigzag foam, but I've always been pretty skeptical of thsoe cases, and they're hecka pricey.

Those cases are fine except for stuff that could break easily, such as spears and the like. I don't put my heartrenders in there for obvious reasons.

I’ve been meaning to start a NH army from before the 2.0 reveal (great timing!). I decided to not order the starter box because I feel that without the NH battletome, we’re kind of in the blind as to army building options.

I’ve compiled a list of units that have been revealed or teased for which we have yet to see a warscroll. Do you guys think my list is comprehensive? Did I miss anything?

• “Centerpiece 1” (dude on flying horse)
  • The Craven King
  • Mortarch of Grief
  • Lord Executioner?
  • Black Coach
  • Horse Riders w Sword
  • Dude swinging two chains
  • Flying skeleton banshees w/ flowers

9 hours ago, I_usually_just_lurk said:

I’ve been meaning to start a NH army from before the 2.0 reveal (great timing!). I decided to not order the starter box because I feel that without the NH battletome, we’re kind of in the blind as to army building options.

I’ve compiled a list of units that have been revealed or teased for which we have yet to see a warscroll. Do you guys think my list is comprehensive? Did I miss anything?

• “Centerpiece 1” (dude on flying horse)
  • The Craven King
  • Mortarch of Grief
  • Lord Executioner?
  • Black Coach
  • Horse Riders w Sword
  • Dude swinging two chains
  • Flying skeleton banshees w/ flowers

have you seen those ? scrolling down

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/05/faction-focus-nighthaunt-part-2/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/14/14th-may-faction-focus-nighthauntgw-homepage-post-3/

15 hours ago, Ahn-ket said:

How do you managed to get your hands on it pre release and how stable is it 

Another question is it possible to build two Chainrasp leader and two shackled guy

While I can’t speak for CoffeGrunt some stores were over-nighted game sets after someone leaked/revealed one early.  The restrictions locally was to have things painted and not publically shown until zero hour last Saturday.

I just wanted to point out that the new Myrmourn Banshees are $15 USD.

While I know that isn't as good as 10 plastic infantry for $30-$35, I am surprised by the price.  I was expecting $25-$30 for the four guys.  They charge $25-$35 for single character models.  I did not pre-order those banshees because I was assuming double the price. 

I guess I am just saying I am oddly impressed with GW for not totally gouging the prices on those Banshees.

So just to bring up what I was saying before about Frightful Touch maybe being on the warscrolls in the battletome, and the Soul Wars ones simply being temporary. This has come up concerning the Sequitors.

What was initially previewed and appears in the SW box: AOSFFStormcast2-June6-Warscroll2ny.jpg

And what has been (I can only assume mistakenly) put on the website:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG_Stormcast_Sequitors.pdf

Archived