Let's Chat: Nighthaunt

Rid

Also, if you go to their new website and look at the Nighthaunt faction section, you can see the new ghostly cavalry models we were all wondering about leading a Hexwraith charge.  They are far out of each other's coherency, perhaps another synergy hero unit for cavalry?

An all ghost cav army would be pretty awesome.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rahr said:

Go to what website?

4 hours ago, Goodapollo4 said:

https://ageofsigmar.com/factions/death/ 

Check this out! So in the Nighthaunt section, scroll through the pics, we see an alternative version of the "faceless ghost swinging bricks", which when we look @ the leaked points on reddit, makes me think that these are the Chainghasts as they come in a unit of 2, max 4.

Also I'm also thinking that the big ass Calvary are actually heroes, maybe the Dreadblade Harrow?  

1 minute ago, christophe said:

Check this out! So in the Nighthaunt section, scroll through the pics, we see an alternative version of the "faceless ghost swinging bricks", which when we look @ the leaked points on reddit, makes me think that these are the Chainghasts as they come in a unit of 2, max 4.

Also I'm also thinking that the big ass Calvary are actually heroes, maybe the Dreadblade Harrow?  

Below that, in Get Started section is new Nighthaunt battletome? you can click on"Buy now" button but it's not working?

15 minutes ago, christophe said:

Where are people finding all these new unit names and details?

I don't know about battle tomes because I have always been a Nighthaunt player and a Pheonix Temple player before that, but is it likely there are different points/units in the Nighthaunt Battle Tome?

Because we have seen two versions of the Guardian of Souls as hinted at by Nactigal as well as two versions of the executioner lord and two versions of the new horse heroes.  They might all just be alternate versions of the same models, but I dunno...

@Nevar I wouldn't expect the Generals Handbook 2018 to differ from the Nighthaunt battletome. I expect the starter set  models to be easy build variants. Though I suppose we won't know until they are  released.

On another topic, 11 leader options, and 4 battleline options seems like a ton! What are the stormcast at now?

Interesting that the bladegheists are so much more expensive than the reapers when they seem to be made from the same kit. I wonder what their stats are like.

Speaking of kits, it's great that there seem to be full kits on their way for several units (and a second guardian, perhaps a clampack release?) but I'm slightly concerned about the chainrasp horde. They don't seem to have any options beside a champion, which is already covered in the ETB starter set minis (which I believe are two identical sprues of 10 models?) so there may not be much call for a full "multi-part" kit for them - this happened with poxwalkers in Dark Imperium and the following Death Guard release. I'd like a lot of these guys, so I'd rather not have to endlessly duplicate them; it certainly wouldn't be a disaster, but I hope there are more than 10 of them by the time we have the battletome. Anyone know anything about this? There's a lot of stuff floating around out there that I haven't seen right now.

15 hours ago, Sception said:

Bleh, just the starter box stuff, and no access even to the plain old knight of shrouds outside of games using the malign portent rules.

Oh, well.  I'll gladly take those chainrasps and spirit guardians.

Thats not all. More are a part of LoN in white dwarf bat rep

1 hour ago, Josh said:

start with a goblin green, work up to white, tint with a green ink and boom

Wow, please post the finished result, the vibrancy of that green has really given some life to the starter-set minis (I wasn't a huge fan of the chain-rasp or glaive-wraiths but this could change my mind).

Archived