Let's Chat: Nighthaunt

Rid

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

Did any one notice that nighthaunt actually only has one command ability aside the generic one's 

I'm confident the new characters will have command abilities, the new Shrouded Knight in particular. It would be weird to have a new command point mechanic that can barely be used by one of the starter set forces.

13 minutes ago, CaptainNippon said:

I'm confident the new characters will have command abilities, the new Shrouded Knight in particular. It would be weird to have a new command point mechanic that can barely be used by one of the starter set forces.

It's silly because every single hero in the starter box nighthaunt part aside the unknown KoS on steed didn't have a command ability 

And from the older heroes only the malign portents KoS has one (+1 to hit) 

8 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

It's silly because every single hero in the starter box nighthaunt part aside the unknown KoS on steed didn't have a command ability 

And from the older heroes only the malign portents KoS has one (+1 to hit) 

So there are still 4 remaining heroes with potential command abilities: 

- Mortarch of Grief

- Coward King

- The Grim Reaper dude on winged Nightmare

- Mounted Shrouded Knight

I guess we'll see how many they get eventually.

32 minutes ago, CaptainNippon said:

So there are still 4 remaining heroes with potential command abilities: 

- Mortarch of Grief

- Coward King

- The Grim Reaper dude on winged Nightmare

- Mounted Shrouded Knight

I guess we'll see how many they get eventually.

Plus maybe the Cairn Wraith and the tomb banshee get one too

3 minutes ago, Sception said:

I doubt the cairn wraith or tomb banshee scrolls are changing, considering they were just printed in LoN.  Tbh, I'm more than a little worried that the Black Coach scroll will remain the same as well.

That would hamper the sales significantly, I think. 

GW should know better, right? :P

2 minutes ago, Sception said:

@CaptainNippon You'd think that, but I've several times seen fancy new models for a unit sit lonely on store shelves because GW didn't see fit to fix said unit's terrible rules at the same time.  This has happened to chaos marine possessed multiple times, actually.

but the black coach is a MAJOR center piece here. They can't and they won't do that!

6 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

but the black coach is a MAJOR center piece here. They can't and they won't do that!

I mean, probably not?  Again, I play chaos marines, and while they're in an ok spot now, I'm still recovering from a solid decade of baddish rules there that still have me somewhat traumatized and always ready to believe the worst from gw.

Even so, let’s not forget we have 2 massive models on the way and the coward dude we haven’t seen scrolls for yet. I’m already pumped for it all. 

Hordes of chainwrasps seem pretty solid. Depending on FAQ if the +1 to wound from our wizard guy can stack is another dream.  Also we haven’t seen the scrolls for a scythed unit’s yet, which I think are gonna be lethal as hell.

A lot to look forward too guys

6 minutes ago, Dracothjay said:

Depending on FAQ if the +1 to wound from our wizard guy can stack is another dream

Are there currently any other aura abilities similiar to this in the game which stacks? I think its safe to assume it wont. 

2 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

Even so, let’s not forget we have 2 massive models on the way and the coward dude we haven’t seen scrolls for yet. I’m already pumped for it all. 

Hordes of chainwrasps seem pretty solid. Depending on FAQ if the +1 to wound from our wizard guy can stack is another dream.  Also we haven’t seen the scrolls for a scythed unit’s yet, which I think are gonna be lethal as hell.

A lot to look forward too guys

I can see the reroll wounds of 1 from 10+ guys and the +1 to wound from the wizard being pretty fun for the chainrasps. 2 attacks each, 4+ hit and 3+ wound rerolling ones is pretty nifty for what should be a cheap hordey battleline unit.

Also: "well, if you’re a Legions of Nagash player, you’ll be able to use them in your army, alongside the Guardian of Souls and Lord Executioner!" makes it seem like I can focus on nighthaunt models but still play LoN with my vampire dragon which would be a lovely possibility. Since I kinda prefer the new nighthaunt to the idea of painting all my zombies or collecting and painting loads of skellies (will have some at least).

Fingers crossed that the knights of shrouds will also be legions of Nagash legal, whether by default or as allies.  Thematically, they're Nagash's heralds, and a lot of LoN players already have the one on foot after Malign Portents.  I'm hopeful that all the starter box models are LoN legal one way or another.  But we'll see.

36 minutes ago, Sception said:

Fingers crossed that the knights of shrouds will also be legions of Nagash legal, whether by default or as allies.  Thematically, they're Nagash's heralds, and a lot of LoN players already have the one on foot after Malign Portents.  I'm hopeful that all the starter box models are LoN legal one way or another.  But we'll see.

The actual knight of shrouds could be legally taken in legions of Nagash as stated in the malign portents book

27 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

The actual knight of shrouds could be legally taken in legions of Nagash as stated in the malign portents book

Only in games using the malign portents rules, which are... they're not terrible, but honestly after playing them a few times I found them to be more hassle than fun.

What i got told by my local store manager who has recently been debriefed at WHW, is that the new knight of shrouds on nightmare gives +1 attack in CC as a CB... so sticking with a normal one on foot with a horde of chainrasp, they will be hitting on a 3+ rerollings 1,s when next to a spirit torment wounding on 3,s due to being near a guardian of souls and rerolling 1's to wound due to there own ability.

That's quite good regardless if there is no rend on their attacks!!! with some rolls a unit of 20 dealt 15 unsaved wounds vs a 4+ save reroll 1's unit. Not bad at all depending on the combined pts cost.

I was also told the stormcast have 100 more pts in the actual soul wars box so yeah!

3 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

What i got told by my local store manager who has recently been debriefed at WHW, is that the new knight of shrouds on nightmare gives +1 attack in CC as a CB... so sticking with a normal one on foot with a horde of chainrasp, they will be hitting on a 3+ rerollings 1,s when next to a spirit torment wounding on 3,s due to being near a guardian of souls and rerolling 1's to wound due to there own ability.

That's quite good regardless if there is no rend on their attacks!!! with some rolls a unit of 20 dealt 15 unsaved wounds vs a 4+ save reroll 1's unit. Not bad at all depending on the combined pts cost.

I was also told the stormcast have 100 more pts in the actual soul wars box so yeah!

DId he said anything about the price of the boxes 

Archived