Lizards of the Storm

Thor

Hello there internet.  i've brewed a Stormcast list aimed for a tournament using the new Generals handbook. 

Most of the list is salvage from my old list which did fairly well in the meta against skyfires etc. 

The biggest change to the list is the Allies, which is.. well Skinks. as many as i could fit in. 

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the list. if there is any glaring mistakes or weaknesses.  and in general your thoughts. 

Open to all Comments. you can be as Honest as you'd like. 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord-Celestant On Stardrake (560)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Mirrorshield 
- Stardrake Trait: Keen-clawed
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot

Battleline
40 x Skinks (200)
- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
40 x Skinks (200)
- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
2 x Tempestors (220)
2 x Tempestors (220)

Total: 2000/2000

The most obvious weakness is magic. Dracothian guard and Stardrake will melt away to mortal wounds caused by it. .  Otherwise it should have great staying power. and mobility. 

You are not the first one to have this thought my friend. And Kramer, Stormcasts biggest issue is that they lack bodies and skinks are actually amazing now. 200pts for 40 is an absolute steal. Expect a run on skinks in the near future.

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Just curious... but why the skinks? What's the role they will fulfill? Just numbers for the scenarios?

*not a stormcast player but your allies choice caught my eye.

They are just a great unit. With the little playtesting ive done with them they just seem to perform very well points wise. They are objective grappers that can shoot. Disrupt, tank, deal damage. Seriously. If you compare this unit at 200 points to any other and you throw the mathhammer at it they will win.

I actually considered running bless weapon prayer. Seeing as they get a +2 to hit innately. Might actually do some work.

Although. In the allies section. There are other options to help me deal with wizards. A battlewizard for example would help out against magic. Mystic shield is also good

And a bloodwrack shrine would help against hordes. 

That said. I'm open for suggestions ! 

Archived