Warscroll Builder updated for GH2017

I went through the armies today and found a couple of things.

I haven't looked into compendium armies and I don't now how your stance is on things that no longer have a warscroll or points. Maybe the compendium should be another tab alongside the grand alliances?!

EDIT: That's probably the users job, to determine what is still legal and what is not. I'd probably keep even the obsolete things in the database, there might still be people who are using them but maybe it's good practice to give them a grey font instead of black.

Depending on how GW clarifies factions, allies and allegiance, there might be need for some reorganization of factions.

Other than that I'm really grateful for your work and I hope I could help.

Chaos:

• Daemons of Khorne and Khorne Bloudbound should form Blades of Khorne
  • Slaughterbrute is part of BoK and Monsters of Chaos
  • KBB: Goreblade Warband no longer exists in GHB
  • Daemons of Chaos: Furies should be 60/320
  • All Daemons Princes: there should only be the basic version, listed under daemons of chaos and Slaves to Darkness, which is then marked (might be important, depending on how they clarify allies, factions, allegiance...)
  • Daemons of Tzeentch and Tzeentch Arcanite should probably be merged to DoT
  • DoT: Changehost of Tzeentch no longer exists in GHB
  • DoT: Brimstone Horrors should be 40/100
  • DoT: Blue Horrors should be 50/120
  • DoT: Mutalith is part of DoT and Monsters of Chaos
  • Everchosen: Gaunt Summoner with Familiars is part of DoT faction, not Everchosen
  • Monsters of Chaos: Chaos Warhounds should be 80/210
  • Monsters of Chaos: Harpies should be 70
  • Warherds: no longer have a battalion

Order:

• Collegiate Arcane: Celestial Hurricanum should be 380
  • Darkling Covens: Dreadspears should be 100/360
  • Dispossessed: Ironbreakers should be 160/400
  • Fyreslayers: Doomseeker is missing
  • Ironweld Arsenal: Organ Gun is missing (and there is a typo in Arsenal)
  • Kharadron Overlords: Aetherstrike Force should be 200
  • Lion Rangers: White Lions should be 140/360
  • Seraphon: Saurus Oldblood should be 120
  • Seraphon: add Leader drop down button shows incorrect numeral?
  • SCE: typo, "The Skyborne Slayers" should be "Skyborne Slayers"
  • Swifthawk Agents: no longer has a battalion
  • Wanderers: Eternal Guard should be 80/210

Destruction:

• Gutbusters: Grots should be 100/270
  • Ironjaws: Bloodtoofs and Ironsunz Battalions are missing
  • Maneaters: no longer has a leader in GHB

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Sastopher said:

@scrollbuilderdude Thank's so much for your work on this feature, it's a huge asset to the entire community.

I'm pretty sure Stormfiends should be added to Clan Moulder (their warscroll includes the moulder keyword).

They're technically part of the Clans Skryre faction, but have both keywords. (e.g in GHB2017, you won't find them under both factions, just under Skryre).

3 hours ago, someone2040 said:

They're technically part of the Clans Skryre faction, but have both keywords. (e.g in GHB2017, you won't find them under both factions, just under Skryre).

I meant they should be addable (at least to my understanding) when playing a moulder allegiance army, e.g. the same conditions that allow giant rats and rat ogres as battleline. My understanding is the rules only care about the keyword for list building/allegiance purposes?

GH2017 p116

An army can have a specific allegiance if all the starting units and warscroll battalions in the army have the keyword for that allegiance, including any units that you assign a keyword to during set-up.

3 minutes ago, Sastopher said:

I meant they should be addable (at least to my understanding) when playing a moulder allegiance army, e.g. the same conditions that allow giant rats and rat ogres as battleline. My understanding is the rules only care about the keyword for list building/allegiance purposes?

GH2017 p116

So just add them in? The Factions are just groupings of models into for the most part, factions as they are outlined in the GHB. So there's nothing preventing you in Warscroll Builder from adding Stormfiends into a Moulder army.

I think you have to understand that as a tool, Warscroll Builder is not perfect. In it's current iteration, it's not hand holding you through list building to ensure that your list is legal. Battleline is a perfect example of this, as it doesn't validate whether your battleline-if status is actually met or not. It relies on the list builder, to have some idea of what they are doing, and what is legal or not.

That flexibility is both a good and a bad thing. It's bad for people that want to validate their list meets matched play restrictions, but it's good for people who want to take a more free form approach to list building.

Overall, just like any tool, it requires that you understand how to use it to make the most out of it.

1 minute ago, someone2040 said:

So just add them in? The Factions are just groupings of models into for the most part, factions as they are outlined in the GHB. So there's nothing preventing you in Warscroll Builder from adding Stormfiends into a Moulder army.

I think you have to understand that as a tool, Warscroll Builder is not perfect. In it's current iteration, it's not hand holding you through list building to ensure that your list is legal. Battleline is a perfect example of this, as it doesn't validate whether your battleline-if status is actually met or not. It relies on the list builder, to have some idea of what they are doing, and what is legal or not.

That flexibility is both a good and a bad thing. It's bad for people that want to validate their list meets matched play restrictions, but it's good for people who want to take a more free form approach to list building.

Overall, just like any tool, it requires that you understand how to use it to make the most out of it.

Oh! You know, I actually misunderstood how that worked, I hadn't realized you could just switch to clan skryre and add them from there. Of course this is too nit-picky to demand a change--I thought I physically couldn't add them otherwise. Which is silly. I've used the app before, but it's been a little while. Thanks for clarifying for me!

• 3 weeks later...

Warscroll builder won't load properly on iOS iPad I tried chrome and safari but it just freezes at the loading screen. If I tap the page it lets me select factions but there is no data appearing under units, leaders etc. It's been like this since the update. Is it just me?

15 hours ago, WABBIT said:

Warscroll builder won't load properly on iOS iPad I tried chrome and safari but it just freezes at the loading screen. If I tap the page it lets me select factions but there is no data appearing under units, leaders etc. It's been like this since the update. Is it just me?

never mind, my Ipad iOS was out of date, It's working again :$

Thanks for your hard work on SB :D

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, spenson said:

It's kind of annoying, do you guys know if we can use something else until it's fixed?

Yea I never realized how much I use this dang thing.  Throughout the morning I have instinctively gone over there  several times thinking about a list and then realized again it is 'down'.  This list junky needs his warscroll builder fix now.

Archived