The Painting Contract - September 2017

Mohojoe

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for September 2017 

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, silver tower or blood bowl as well as AoS of course. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

This month I pledge to paint 3 plague drones, 10 plaguebearers and 3 nurglings!

Look forward to seeing all your progress!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This month I want to tackle something I've never been able to summon the motivation for - rebasing my hordes. I pledge to move the following from squares to rounds:

- 40 Bloodletters + Skulltaker

- 51 Plaguebearers + a herald

- 60 Daemonettes + a herald

- 30 Horrors

- 20 Seekers

- 30 Chaos Warriors including a battle standard

- 270 Clanrats

For a total of just over 500 new bases. I may need a couple of extra pots of sand and black ink...

3 hours ago, AGPO said:

This month I want to tackle something I've never been able to summon the motivation for - rebasing my hordes. I pledge to move the following from squares to rounds:

- 40 Bloodletters + Skulltaker

- 51 Plaguebearers + a herald

- 60 Daemonettes + a herald

- 30 Horrors

- 20 Seekers

- 30 Chaos Warriors including a battle standard

- 270 Clanrats

For a total of just over 500 new bases. I may need a couple of extra pots of sand and black ink...

Dang son that's insane!... I like it. Can't wait for the group shot at the end of september ;)

Well the new generals handbook means I need to paint 30 more clanrats and 20 more stormvermin to get use of the massive regiment discount so I guess that's what I'll be doing this month :/

I'll reward myself by painting the rogue idol I've had sitting on my desk for ever once that's done. 

Last month was pretty successful for me, but I didn't get everything done. This next month will be busy for me (and I got into a Path to Glory campaign with my Disciples of Tzeentch...)

I pledge to paint up the Grot Scuttlings from Silver Tower (though I may have managed to misplace one of them .... it might have managed to scuttle away ...)

Paint the Silver Tower Gaunt Summoner.

Paint the Summoners Familiars.

Stretch:

Magnetize and Paint 3 more Screamers.

Paint A unit of 10 Acolytes

Paint a unit of 10 Pink Horrors

(Not AoS Stretch Goal: I need to complete a 40K Imperial Knight ... to get it out of my assembly/painting queue...)

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Dang son that's insane!... I like it. Can't wait for the group shot at the end of september ;)

Yeah downside of twenty plus years of collecting and wanting everything to match up. I've still got a lot more to do after this, but I've prioritised these guys as it means I can play my Daemons in 40k and my Verminous will match my Pestillens.

oh dang. this sound like my jam. i may only get one week of time to actually do anything due to work. so ill set two goals:

if i get sent away ill get the following painted:

2x butchers with cauldrons

1x tyrant

2x gorgers

if i dont get sent away for work ill do the above and:

40 Grots

2x ironblasters

really hoping i dont get sent off for most of the month... ill find out closer to the 1st

I really enjoyed working towards my pledge last month, so I will keep it achievable again this month.

I will paint my Mighty Lord of Khorne, and 3x Blood Crushers.

Stretch: Paint the Magewrath Throne, build Citadel Wood, & paint 10xBlood Reavers

I'm going to finish up painting my assembled BCR (two Mournfang fully and some final highlights/work on some other models) and I'm going to assemble a set of BCR beast-riders, and paint 10 Plague Monks (stretch goal, 50 plague monks lol)

So august ended up being reasonably successful but I have still got a few overlords to complete but will try and get those done this month:

navigator

endrinmaster

ironclad

10x thunderers.

if I get these done then my stretch goals are to get one of my part finished small forces finally completed that have just been on the painting list for too long (ironjawz, beastclaws, nurgle demons, Fyreslayers) they are all about the size of a start collecting plus one or two models/units and I want to get them all tied up by Christmas.

Like the sound of this and have been struggling for motivation recently so hopefully this will help. 
For september I'm going to paint a free guild general on horseback, 40 guard (swordsmen).

Stretch goal is to build 30 crossbowmen that haven't been purchased yet!!

That's a whole bunch of models! But it sounds great :)

That sounds like 12 models a week for the Guards and the General on the side. I like your style!

Keep us up to date on your progress!

The yellow is nicely original on those blightkings. Never seen it used for Nurgle but it really works.

Thank you! Wanted to avoid the traditional look, it will get a heavy weathering treatment though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived