Let´s Talk Skyre

Xanax Lot

Hi Guys just got my copy of the GH 2017,

I am trying to get my head arround the what a very competitive Skyre Army could look like and therefore I thought It would be a good idea to talk it with the community to see which new combos we can have now! 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my first  attempt, wjat changes would you make...

I am seing now that the grinder fiests could be a bwttwr option for the stormfiends when convined with the vigordust inyector because 

6 warpfire proyectors = 24 wounds

6 grinderfists with potion and a warpstone token to double the damage of one of the grinderfists  =  35 wounds (asuming no saves with the -2 rend) also they get + 1 to the charge so that is a a little under 50% chance of making the charge in the turn they apear if you want to keep them in reserve  

Clan%20Skyre.pdf

40 minutes ago, 13on2D6 said:

can you not use a warp shard on the warp fire projectors?

I believe not, nor on any other weapon with a "Mortal Wound" Output, the reason for this is thst the shard o ly works as follows double the DAMAGE on ONE successful attack 

I am not sure that mortal wounds are considered damage. I wish it work like that but nit sure.

Hopefully GW will give us a FAQ soon clarifying the intent

What do you guys think about the Doomwheel?  The points lowering helped a little but it still seems a little weak. Maybe I am just still trying to use it as a stand alone powerhouse like it was in the old world.  Maybe run two to support each other.  With its charged speed, it is so much faster than the rest of the army, mine just zoom ahead and get themselves into trouble. 

19 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

What do you guys think about the Doomwheel?  The points lowering helped a little but it still seems a little weak. Maybe I am just still trying to use it as a stand alone powerhouse like it was in the old world.  Maybe run two to support each other.  With its charged speed, it is so much faster than the rest of the army, mine just zoom ahead and get themselves into trouble. 

With the point reduction I believe it is  viable Now, 140 pts for 8 wounds with a 4+ save is good... Furthemore the high mobility and the damage output makes it good to field

Having saiyed that I wouldn't consider it to be a top choice mostly because of how unreliable it is 

On 8/26/2017 at 6:59 PM, Xanax Lot said:

Here is my first  attempt, wjat changes would you make...

I am seing now that the grinder fiests could be a bwttwr option for the stormfiends when convined with the vigordust inyector because 

6 warpfire proyectors = 24 wounds

6 grinderfists with potion and a warpstone token to double the damage of one of the grinderfists  =  35 wounds (asuming no saves with the -2 rend) also they get + 1 to the charge so that is a a little under 50% chance of making the charge in the turn they apear if you want to keep them in reserve

I like this approach.  The Stormfiends are certainly the core of the army, without them we really have a mismash of average stuff. Figuring out how to equip them is half the battle.

I have been running the standard Warpfire Thrower load out and teleporting in with the Skyre battalion but with the battalion points raise this is most likely too many points.  The other option that comes right to mind is one Grinder and the rest Rattling Guns for a mini teleport shooting bomb.          

I've always been a fan of the combat stormfiends this is something I'm going to test out this week;

Allegiance: Skryre
Heroes
Arch Warlock (140) - General
Warlock Engineer (100)
Packmaster (80) - Herding Whip & Blade
Packmaster (80) - Shock-Prod
Units
3 x Stormfiends (300) - 1 x Grinderfist, 2 x warpfire
3 x Stormfiends (300) - 3 x Shock Gauntlets 
10 x Skryre Acolytes (120)
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)
40 x Clanrats (200) -Rusty Spear
War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Total: 1960/ 2000

No formation gives us so many extra bodies, especially when allying in some clanrats for objectives.. 

7 minutes ago, fiZZycoke said:

I've always been a fan of the combat stormfiends this is something I'm going to test out this week;

Allegiance: Skryre
Heroes
Arch Warlock (140) - General
Warlock Engineer (100)
Packmaster (80) - Herding Whip & Blade
Packmaster (80) - Shock-Prod
Units
3 x Stormfiends (300) - 1 x Grinderfist, 2 x warpfire
3 x Stormfiends (300) - 3 x Shock Gauntlets 
10 x Skryre Acolytes (120)
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)
40 x Clanrats (200) -Rusty Spear
War Machines
Total: 1960/ 2000

No formation gives us so many extra bodies, especially when allying in some clanrats for objectives.. 

I think your list is very good! I had a similar idea with the one I want to share next.

Since I first posted my list I have made some changes that I believe with help me with my list. 

Just one question though. Do pack master abilities stack? Could I use the ability twice on the Stormfiends to give them +2 to charge and hit? from the rules of 1 it seems that is the case, since the only restrictions are on generating new hits, wounds or attacks and on casting spells.

Having said that here is my list:

1 Arch warlock (Masterfull Scavenger and vigordust Inyector)

2 Packmasters

1 Vermin lord Deceiver 

6 Stromfiends with Grinderfiests 

30 Acolytes

1 Warpgrinder weapon team 

1 Warplightning Cannon 

2 Rattling Guns

The idea is to:

- Use the Verminlor deceiver to get objectives and kill range threats such as sky fires

- Rattling Guns, Warplignting Cannot and Acolytes to clear chaff protect stormfiends and collect objectives

- Packmasters to give the Stormfiends +2 to charge and hit 

-Arch Warlock to give mystic shield to the Stormfiends and to work as a redundancy with the +1 to charge and hit if one of the Packmasters dies 

- Stormfiends are in charge of destroying the most important piece in the enemy lines ( counting with the fact that they received all the buffs previously)

- Finally the warpgrinder and the grinderfiests ability to tunnel is there to have the possibility to win deployment and to guive some flexibility on the tactics to use 

If everything goes according to plan this army should be dealing 69 wounds ( 40 storm fiends + 3 from shard, 15 acolytes, 8 rattling Guns, 3 warplightning Cannon)

18 minutes ago, Xanax Lot said:

1 Arch warlock (Masterfull Scavenger and vigordust Inyector)

2 Packmasters

1 Vermin lord Deceiver 

6 Stromfiends with Grinderfiests 

30 Acolytes

1 Warpgrinder weapon team 

1 Warplightning Cannon 

2 Rattling Guns

I think the allies are over the 400 limit here with the VLD at 320 and the two Packmasters at 80 each, so you would not be able to stay Skyre allegiance.

14 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

I think the allies are over the 400 limit here with the VLD at 320 and the two Packmasters at 80 each, so you would not be able to stay Skyre allegiance.

You are right I might have to chsnge a pack Master  for a wsrlock engineer.

Thst should put the list at 2000pts and make it legal

8 hours ago, Malakithe said:

No abilities stack at all now

This is only true for abilities that have the "any" reference in the description of the ability. For instance the Khorne banner now says if in range of "any" banners.

Stormcast / Khorne prayers still stack.

8 hours ago, Terry Pike said:

This is only true for abilities that have the "any" reference in the description of the ability. For instance the Khorne banner now says if in range of "any" banners.

Stormcast / Khorne prayers still stack.

Does That mean that I can stack buffs of my pack-masters on the stormfiends? +2 to charge and +2 to hit is amaysing.

Terry, do you think grinderfists are a good competitive option of the movement problem is a killer?

On 8/29/2017 at 0:08 PM, Xanax Lot said:

Does That mean that I can stack buffs of my pack-masters on the stormfiends? +2 to charge and +2 to hit is amaysing.

Terry, do you think grinderfists are a good competitive option of the movement problem is a killer?

How would you keep the packmasters up with the stormfiends? If the buffs do stack im wondering what a unit of 2xratling cannons 1xgrinderfist could do...

26 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

How would you keep the packmasters up with the stormfiends? If the buffs do stack im wondering what a unit of 2xratling cannons 1xgrinderfist could do...

Well the packmasters move the same as the stormfiends, also there is a range of 6 in the packmasters ability... Finslly you only need to get the charge once, so the idea is to screen with the acolytes to make an oportunity for the buff stormfiends to charge, the output damage of a buffed stormiends unit with grinderfists should be enough to kill almost anything.

It would be way easier if we still had sayl but since we don't i am trying to find a way to make them work 

I have a question about stormfiends ratling. Immagine that 1 model do 12 attacks with his weapon. After hit/wound/saves rolls only 5 wound goes off! I can doble 5x2 or its( 2x1)+4 wounds? I think the second because gh2 says " in a single attack that succeed!!( it's the Italian translation idk the English one litterally)

14 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

I have a question about stormfiends ratling. Immagine that 1 model do 12 attacks with his weapon. After hit/wound/saves rolls only 5 wound goes off! I can doble 5x2 or its( 2x1)+4 wounds? I think the second because gh2 says " in a single attack that succeed!!( it's the Italian translation idk the English one litterally)

I am afraid that it is only double the damage of one successful attack that means that you get to chose one unsaved wound that the rattling canon made, whixh would be damage 1, and double it.

So this is not the most effective use of a shard

14 minutes ago, Xanax Lot said:

So this is not the most effective use of a shard

I have been going through and thinking about the optimal damage sources to use the shards on.  Here are the ones that have come to my head:

Poison Wind Mortar                 D6 (6 at a unit of 20 plus so 12 - yikes). Setting back screened lobbing these in seems spectacular.

Stormfiend Grinderfist            3 (goes to 6) On probably the best Skyre model so this is a no brainer. 

Arch-Warlock Piston Claw   3 (goes to 6) Good but you don't want him in close combat too often.

Warlock Jezzails                          2 (goes to 4) 30' range sniping seems good

After these there are a bunch a D3s, (which can range from 2-6). Skyre will be dishing out some hurt.

Archived