Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
Spirit of Grungni

Episode 175 - GHB 2017 Part One

6 posts in this topic

59a1d288e2740_Ep175iTunes.jpg.fb0682c6479e08e2e49be843c280b3ad.jpg

Episode 175 - GHB 2017 Part One

Sponsored by Unique Gifts & Games and 6 Squared Studios

The Garagehammer Toolbox is brought to you by Chaos Orc's Superstore

Please take a look at my Patreon page and consider supporting the show. Just follow this link:

patreon.com/garagehammer

So this episode has become a bit of a nightmare. We lost the roecrdin to a power outage 45 minutes into the first recording. Then we started again later that night and got it all done and then when I went to edit it there was no file, even though I know I recorded it because I was marking the recording times along the way. So what you are getting is Alex and I getting up super early Saturday morning, August 26 and recording the episode AGAIN, and then me getting it ready and out as quick as I can later the same day.

What's up for today? Well, as we explain in the beginning, we skip a few things because we didn't have the stomach to go through them again. Then we jumped into the GHB. We actually got to the exact spot in the book we got to the first time we recorded this, but somehow, even with cutting the voicemail section and the toolbox, the show is actually longer. However, that just means that we spent more time on the book than last time, so you get more meat in this version of the episode than the last one. We cover Everything up to the matched play section and then we dip our feet into that as well, but we don't get all the way into the allegiances. There is just so much there. We want to give you a chance to look at it as well as take a little more time ourselves before talking about it on the air. So be sure to come back again in two weeks for te second half of this awesome book.

Enjoy!

Show Index

0:00:00-0:08:00 – Intro and welcome

0:08:00-0:09:10 – Commercial Break One

0:09:10-0:42:00 – Garagehammer News Network

0:42:00-0:43:15 – Commercial Break two

0:43:15-1:11:45 – GHB 2017 Open Play

1:11:45-1:12:00 – A Quick Visit from the Old World

1:12:00-1:41:45 – GHB 2017 Triumph and Treachery

1:41:45-1:43:45 – Commercial Break Three

1:43:45-2:13:45 – GHB 2017 Narrative Play

2:13:45-2:15:00 – Commercial Break Four

2:15:00-2:48:00 – GHB 2017 Matched play intro

2:48:00-2:52:30 – Show close and end of show announcement

If you liked the show, please help by leaving a positive review on iTunes (or better yet, tell your friends to listen!).

If you'd like to say hi (and maybe get on the show) leave us a voice mail at 1 (757) GH SHOW 6

That's 1 757 447 4696 in the US and 00 1 757 447 4696 for MOST international callers.

You can also reach us by email!  garagehammer@live.com

You can also follow us on Twitter!

David is @garagehammer

Alex is @somekindageek30

Garagegear available at garagehammer.net/store

Garagehammer theme by Claire Seabrook. Go to https://soundcloud.com/claireseabrookmusic for more info.

Thanks for listening!

• Like 1

chord    355

Big fan of show.  I started listening to this episode and found it very interesting that there was a dislike of Triumph and Treachery in the GHB2016.   Personally I thought it was a lot of fun, and am not a fan of the GBH2017 version (haven't played it yet though).  I think the updated version is really too complex vs the older version. 

I find it interesting that at least in my local area and forums/podcasts,  AOS players who played WFB enjoy the increasing complexity of AOS, where the players who started with AOS tend to be less excited.  Is this something you've seen as well?   Locally the more "senior" players refuse to not use the advanced more complex rules which tends to drag us "junior" players into using them.  

Was wondering what you've found and if an episode interviewing/discussing "senior" and "junior" AOS players would be a topic in the future?

We haven't really considered this as a topic. Having played all 3 versions of T&T I do think this version is the best. I don't find it to be more complicated, but that you have more options. That's the thing, you see, there wasn't nearly enough treachery in the 2016 version. I'm loving the options for messing with your opponents in this version a lot more.

• Like 1

chord    355
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:58 PM, Spirit of Grungni said:

We haven't really considered this as a topic. Having played all 3 versions of T&T I do think this version is the best. I don't find it to be more complicated, but that you have more options. That's the thing, you see, there wasn't nearly enough treachery in the 2016 version. I'm loving the options for messing with your opponents in this version a lot more.

Interesting.  I guess I just assumed the treachery part as making alliances and breaking them whenever you saw fit.   In the 2016 version we just would say "sure I won't attack" then totally attack.  But I can see how this 2017 version has more rules that can be used to have more outcome than just that.

chord    355

loving part 2 reviews!  Great job as always!  

The phoenix stone artifact for order now works each hero phase instead of just your own.