Let's Chat: Seraphon 2017

tolstedt

3 minutes ago, Christopher Rowe said:

By my reading, the Slann isn't doing the summoning, it's one of the models doing the points generation. So if you have points in hand, even if the Slann is killed, you can still summon in your movement phase. Right?

Wright, as long as you have an astrolith bearer or other slanns

you need to place the minis within 12 of the slann or the astrolith and more than 9 from ennemy units 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MacDuff said:

"Born with hate. Born in pain. Pain gives strength."  This sounds like another breed of lizards entirely.

I Agree, sounds like similar to a recent origin story ("Idoneth Deepkeen") Oh man can wait to see how this evolves!

Thinking of trying out AoS soon and the last army i finished for 9th age was lizardmen and they never saw the table so thinking of trying them out first in AoS. I'm wondering how something like the below list would fair for starting out at 1000pts, is a monster mash list viable?

saurus scar veteran on carnosaur

skink priest

10 saurus warriors

10 saurus warriors

1 stegadon

1 stegadon

Going to 2000 i'd add a slann, boost saurus units to 20, add 10 chameleons and add 15 saurus guards. Thoughts?

Being able to summon ripperdactyls with the Engine of the Gods and both of them staying the same price (as far as I can read the blurry pics) was quite surprising. That feels very good on paper, and very likely will be on the table as well. I wouldn't be surprised if people will use multiple engines with their Lizards.

My first quick list for 1500 points without artefacts or anything:

LEADERS Slann Starmaster (260)

Skink Starpriest (80)

Engine of the Gods (220) U

NITS

40 x Saurus Warriors (360) -Spears

10 x Skinks (60)

10 x Skinks (60) 

6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)

10 x Saurus Guard (180)

Total: 1500

Nice castle with some hitting power and a lot of shenanigans. Don't know if the starpriest is necessary, as it can be summoned on turn two if needed.

Seraphon are looking sick honestly.

Summons on the Engine are solid and highly likely with a slaan to result in a summon at least twice a game. 

I need to see the sunclaw point costs and if they are changing the bloodclaw starhost rules given the CP change but otherwise Seraphon are dumb;

-Summon 120-140pts per turn with just a single slaan and astrolith bearer

-Increased chance of not moving but increased chance of being able to move after teleporting is crazy

-Point drop on knights and guards

-No increase on slaan or astrolith bearer

This is going to be ugly

6 minutes ago, Hulksmash said:

Seraphon are looking sick honestly.

Summons on the Engine are solid and highly likely with a slaan to result in a summon at least twice a game. 

I need to see the sunclaw point costs and if they are changing the bloodclaw starhost rules given the CP change but otherwise Seraphon are dumb;

-Summon 120-140pts per turn with just a single slaan and astrolith bearer

-Increased chance of not moving but increased chance of being able to move after teleporting is crazy

-Point drop on knights and guards

-No increase on slaan or astrolith bearer

This is going to be ugly

With the limited overall picture we have of post 2.0, Seraphon are looking the strongest in my opinion.  A thunder quake summoning engine is looking quite viable.

And of course the opponent I play most frequently just completed his Thunderquake list. ?

Definatelly looking good cant wait to play the new une.

The new lords of space and time with curse of fathes is amayzing, failing to move on one but moving like nothing on a 4 plus

New  thunderquake is only 120pts

And engines are still 220 so preatty nasty when you can summon 120pts each turn for free

So.....this is a thing;

Slaan - 260

Slaan - 260

Astrolith Bearer - 160

Engine of the Gods - 220

Saurus Sunblood - 120

40 Saurus w/Spears - 360

40 Saurus w/Spears - 360

10 Saurus w/Clubs - 100

Sunclaw Starhost - 130

Slaan is the general with the teleport 2 units ability. This nets you 19+d3 summoning points plus about a 50% chance if I did the math right (not sure I did) on the Engine summoning 100-140pts on turn 1. Stored up for a turn and you could likely on turn 2 drop a carnosaur scar vet/stegadon and troglodon on top of your enemy after throwing your astrolith forward. It's 680pts tied up in summoning. But those units do god work outside of just summoning (slaan help with dispel and teleporting of saurus while astrolith assists saurus beat sticks) but even two turns of dedicated summoning is along the lines of 400-440 of combat goodness since we could drop in 20 saurus instead of the troglodon. Either way it's kinda crazy what they can do but it does take an investment if you wanna go toolbox on someone. If not then you can summon some decent stuff but will have to go smaller.

4 minutes ago, Hulksmash said:

So.....this is a thing;

Slaan - 260

Slaan - 260

Astrolith Bearer - 160

Engine of the Gods - 220

Saurus Sunblood - 120

40 Saurus w/Spears - 360

40 Saurus w/Spears - 360

10 Saurus w/Clubs - 100

Sunclaw Starhost - 130

Slaan is the general with the teleport 2 units ability. This nets you 19+d3 summoning points plus about a 50% chance if I did the math right (not sure I did) on the Engine summoning 100-140pts on turn 1. Stored up for a turn and you could likely on turn 2 drop a carnosaur scar vet/stegadon and troglodon on top of your enemy after throwing your astrolith forward. It's 680pts tied up in summoning. But those units do god work outside of just summoning (slaan help with dispel and teleporting of saurus while astrolith assists saurus beat sticks) but even two turns of dedicated summoning is along the lines of 400-440 of combat goodness since we could drop in 20 saurus instead of the troglodon. Either way it's kinda crazy what they can do but it does take an investment if you wanna go toolbox on someone. If not then you can summon some decent stuff but will have to go smaller.

Only the general Slann can generate summoning points. There's no reason to take 2, especially since you don't get to pick new generals in matched play.

Excellent, missed that part since you also get a point for him being a general which had my head thinking you could have two. Me and reading :D

That said you could pretty easily swap him for another engine to boost summoning and have more stompy bigs. Reality is though I'd probably just swap in the Scar Vet on the Carnosaur because he's baller and then summon neat stuff round 2 :)

12 hours ago, Xanax Lot said:

Definatelly looking good cant wait to play the new une.

The new lords of space and time with curse of fathes is amayzing, failing to move on one but moving like nothing on a 4 plus

New  thunderquake is only 120pts

And engines are still 220 so preatty nasty when you can summon 120pts each turn for free

Hope you play tournies, because no one else is gonna be having fun with the seraphon lists being bandied about here.

1 hour ago, stratigo said:

Hope you play tournies, because no one else is gonna be having fun with the seraphon lists being bandied about here.

Yeah, wouldn't feel very proud to play with a slann and an engine in a friendly game, especially on the lower points we play with. Maybe a slann or an engine alone, but that's already pushing it. 

11 hours ago, stratigo said:

I dont play tournaments but my gaming group is very conpetitive. Even with all the lizard buffs it is not an outo win, death tzeenitch stormcast all have super stron new abilities also! So i am sure i will be able to play with my gaming group no problem and still have fun 

11 hours ago, Jamopower said:

Yeah, wouldn't feel very proud to play with a slann and an engine in a friendly game, especially on the lower points we play with. Maybe a slann or an engine alone, but that's already pushing it. 

To be fair my above swapping one of the two slaan for a scar vet on carnosaur would be a tournament list. Given my free time from kids and work that's the best way for me to get in multiple games in a single outing making the most of my time. Hence my more competitive list building. That said even at tournaments I only tend to go full tilt for GT's or if it's the tournament before a big Gt otherwise I soften my lists a bit or play with sillier stuff :)

On 6/16/2018 at 8:03 AM, stratigo said:

Being a competitive player, I can reassure you that nothing of it is filth. People in my local gaming laugh at Thunderquake because it is weak *not as stats but scenario wise* compared to top tier armies like Tzeentch :D

Archived