Shadespire Warband Wish List

Gaz Taylor

With more information coming out about Shadespire, I thought it would be interesting to see what people would like to see in the game. We already know about the Stormcast, Blood Reavers and Sepulchral Guard, but what would you like to see?

I would love to see a Clan Eshin Warband that is fast and sneaky and I would also love to see a Nurgle Daemon Warband as I think that would be fun in the setting. Aelves would be ace as something brand new too

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, michu said:

Well, in my opinion it would be cool to see Moonclan Grots. Squigs and fanatics as a crazy warband.

Yep, that would be cool

that and beastmen (mostly ungors...)

or sister of sigmar (no wait, different game) ;-)

38 minutes ago, Majin said:

I think this warbands can coming

Ironjaws, kharadon overlords,

Yep, I can see these too. Both would look really cool in the setting and I think you could have a cool Jason and the argonauts theme for the Overlords!

21 minutes ago, michu said:

Well, in my opinion it would be cool to see Moonclan Grots. Squigs and fanatics as a crazy warband.

I think you may see something like this but I would like to see something bit different but still Moonclan themed. Maybe some mutated Squigs that have merged with their Grot controllers/riders?

9 minutes ago, Sideburns said:

Yep, that would be cool

that and beastmen (mostly ungors...)

or sister of sigmar (no wait, different game) ;-)

Never catch on ;) 

Gors could be good but not sure what they would be doing in a city as a warband. Depends on the setting of Shadespire

3 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think you may see something like this but I would like to see something bit different but still Moonclan themed. Maybe some mutated Squigs that have merged with their Grot controllers/riders?

That is a good idea, who knows how Nagash' pocket dimension affects mortals.

Skaven. All the Skaven. 

I'm talking a band of Eshin ninja rats, a bunch of Moulder creations and their terrible packmaster, experimental weapons teams from Skryre, a pestilent congregation, and a verminus warlitter. 

I also think that these warbands could be a really easy way to flesh out some factions that might need a boost but won't see big releases. A character and a small unit could be a great way to fill in gaps, though the new allies system seems set to do this anyway.

Anything chaosy that doesn't look like a frat bro.

Something along the lines of Blood Warriors, Chaos Warriors or Chosen would be great.

Or I could see a Tzeentch warband with a caster as focal point with weak demon summons that do the dirty work.

Definitely some stuff along the lines of iconic Mordheim races. Each faction should be have a strong iconic identity that sets them apart.

So Skaven Eshin is definitely up there and fits the theme. Could even double up as new plastic Gutter Runners. Extremely fast, extremely sneaky, but very fragile.

Devoted of Sigmar would be super appealing! I think it'd be an awesome set of a Witch Hunter, 2 Flagellants, 2 Zealots and a War hound. Sounds sick!

Carnival of Chaos would be awesome! A warband led by the Troupe Master, bringing Nurgles love to the world. A Carnival Master. a Brute and some corrupted clowns, what's not to love!

Free Peoples goes without saying, a fancy pants captain leading a motley crew to Shadespire for treasure and glory.

Fyreslayers in the search for Ur'Gold, a hot-headed Runeson leading a small band of a Vulkite Berserker, Hearthguard Berserker and Auric Hearthguard to hunt down some stolen Ur Gold.

Overall, what I hope the most is that we get tons of these minor factions within the greater Age of Sigmar taking a bigger role in Shadespire. I don't want to see Stormcast get like a second faction set (like Vanguard chamber) before we get at least 3 other Order races (Yeah, that's not gonna happen).

Sharespire is the perfect opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone. Bring out interesting warbands in Shadespire, while also giving existing Age of Sigmar factions new warscrolls.

I'll be honest, picking up some nice Shadespire warbands while simultaneously filling some gaps in my AoS collection would kill two birds with one stone.

1. Tzaangor x4 warband would complement the Silver Tower lot nicely for AoS.

2.  Fimir x2 (with a noble).   Would then just need one more noble to go along with my 3 warriors for two proper 3 man units in AoS.

3.  Sourbreath Troggoths x2 (to complement Skull Pass troll)

4. Chaos Warriors x3-4

5. Khorgorath with Stoker (new models)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 8/23/2017 at 10:44 PM, someone2040 said:

Definitely some stuff along the lines of iconic Mordheim races. Each faction should be have a strong iconic identity that sets them apart.

So Skaven Eshin is definitely up there and fits the theme. Could even double up as new plastic Gutter Runners. Extremely fast, extremely sneaky, but very fragile.

Devoted of Sigmar would be super appealing! I think it'd be an awesome set of a Witch Hunter, 2 Flagellants, 2 Zealots and a War hound. Sounds sick!

Carnival of Chaos would be awesome! A warband led by the Troupe Master, bringing Nurgles love to the world. A Carnival Master. a Brute and some corrupted clowns, what's not to love!

Free Peoples goes without saying, a fancy pants captain leading a motley crew to Shadespire for treasure and glory.

Fyreslayers in the search for Ur'Gold, a hot-headed Runeson leading a small band of a Vulkite Berserker, Hearthguard Berserker and Auric Hearthguard to hunt down some stolen Ur Gold.

Overall, what I hope the most is that we get tons of these minor factions within the greater Age of Sigmar taking a bigger role in Shadespire. I don't want to see Stormcast get like a second faction set (like Vanguard chamber) before we get at least 3 other Order races (Yeah, that's not gonna happen).

Sharespire is the perfect opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone. Bring out interesting warbands in Shadespire, while also giving existing Age of Sigmar factions new warscrolls.

Completely agree with this

I feel they can do a good service to the lesser factions in AOS that don't seem to have direction right now. To add onto your list, I would like Dispossessed Treasure Hunters, though with the announcement of Fyreslayers, I doubt it. I also hope they can do something with Ogor Maneaters. That would be cool to see: Ogor Mercenaries who represent different cultures (current or lost) of the Mortal Realms. I also wouldn't mind if Brayherds received some love since they are now a handy faction in GH2

Personally I would like to see Seraphon, a Saurus warband would be pretty great. Could also see Ogors working as a small sized one such as SCE only has 3.

For Death, I would like to see a Vampire warband - not all Vampires, but kinda like Blood Bowl where you have 1 or 2 and then a handful of Thralls. 

It's selfish (because I play these two armies), but I would love to see Kharadron Overlords and Disciples of Tzeentch.

It hasn't been totally clear to me how spellcasting fits into the game (maybe just ranged attacks + Spell Power cards?) but a casting based DoT team would be awesome.

The unfortunate aspect of Kharadron Overlords is that you clearly won't be able to play the big ships...

Archived