Silver Tower bases

Ben Johnson

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:15 AM, Ben Johnson said:

First bases finished using simple sand painted blue, looks great.

I have also started to make some coin piles and parchment from green stuff to add to the bigger bases. 

Looking good. I'm still new to green stuff so it'd be great to see any tips on how to make the coin piles and parchment.

@AdamJ took a few photos as I was making the next batch of coins, it's quite simple to do and forgiving to. 

Rolling out the Green Stuff is the hardest part, I use a glass coaster to do it, gives you a nice smooth finish. 

Then it's just cutting, glueing and painting.

Hope these help, any questions shout up, 

image.jpeg

So my thought process was so simple. I wanted to match the yellow (which is really GOLD) and blue from the board tyles.

However I chose a dark blue, that is taken up to an arcane blue on more elaborate bases (which are like sand ontop of resin mosaic bases) and then 'the colour I hate myself for choosing originally', the colour I'll dub 'bad cheese yellow'.  I never even thought I was attempting nmm gold but that's what I did whilst thinking 'oh this is yellowish'.

https://imgur.com/a/XQ5c9

But now I realise I just need to repaint the yellow base elements as true metallic gold. That's what I was going for!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2016 at 10:57 AM, APH said:

I've been researching a few options in resin bases, if anyone wants a ready-made solution.

AYLqua0l.jpg

These are Ruined Temple bases from Secret Weapon Miniatures.  They're missing a 50 mm round base (ex. Ogroid Thaumaturge).

6YKpDRxl.jpg

These are Arcane bases from Micro Art Studio.  This is what I'm going with for my custom hero character.  Like Secret Weapon Miniatures, they're missing a necessary base size as well - this time, 32 mm round (ex. Tzaangors).

I finished my custom Silver Tower character, using Micro Art Studios' Arcane bases as mentioned above.

Cs76Evbl.jpg

G8WWamQl.jpg

eTLUdVCl.jpg

All things considered, I think it's passable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2016 at 5:06 PM, Champi said:

Does not he go on a 40 mm base? At least that is what the instructions say...

And good options there. I was just checking some on secret weapon miniatures

I believe there is a mistake in the instructions and there's a 50mm base included for him.

He also looks small on the 40mm.

This is ofc if I remember right.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/15/2016 at 2:59 AM, Turragor said:

I believe there is a mistake in the instructions and there's a 50mm base included for him.

He also looks small on the 40mm.

This is ofc if I remember right.

Reeeeaaaally late reply, but not a often user of this great site (I should visit it more), but just wanted to say a belated thank you for the reply. I noticed the mistake afterwards, should have checked this earlier :)

Cheers,

champi

Archived