Kronos' Monstrous Chaos Log

Kronos

@Tommy thank you.

smallish update, wasn't happy with Morghurs back, seemed I was copping out with the mohawk instead of a proper skull weave. So after some deliberation I decided to redo the back, very very happy with change and feel it links in more with the old Morghur. I also added the claw, finally. Just need two small arms on either side, one with a Braystaff.

Could be the recent changes to Morghur and my lack of love to my Trolls, but Im dropping the Troll army. Throgg stays but in a role much like Galrauch used to, as a big terrifying beast.  Been busy with some 20 Dryad mutants and som Spawn and my focus will be on a mutant Beastman and Sylvaneth Horde with extra beasts, like Throgg, Molokh and Kholek.

For now, the new and improved Morghur, will take pics with the base, once I finish the base and skull weave

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2334.JPG

IMG_2336.JPG

IMG_2337.JPG

• Like 6

And some Dark Spawned Dryads, victims from the Wars in Ghyran. I have 16 complete working on 4 more and think im unable to stop make ng them, hopefully 24 will suffice, but they're just too much fun to make. Think Drycha may need to meet my clippers...

IMG_2340.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2353.JPG

IMG_2343.JPG

IMG_2362.JPG

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2017 at 6:13 PM, BunkhouseBuster said:

These are some wicked, awesome conversions!  But as much as I love looking at them, I'm eagerly awaiting the day to see them all painted up!

Me too buddy, but unfortuneatley, none of them are complete, may gove ago atainting the dryads soon though.

@Render, glad you like them.

In the mean time I made a painting of my Morghur, inspired by Blanche, not finished, still need to add skulls and some other details. Very different to how i usually draw and paint but fun one the less.

IMG_2390.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

@MOMUS thank you.

little update, more grey pictures...

first up, my first gors, I have to say, as someone who doenst hangout with other enthusiasts and rareley if ever pop into a gw store or other. Ive never seen the Gor models in person, they're amazing, so kmuch ch detail on them and quite individual too. 

But being Morghurs Gors the need a further touch of corruption, would like to make a few more which are more beast than man with some crawling and others, simply braying mounds of flesh and horn.

IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_2428.JPG

IMG_2429.JPG

IMG_2432.JPG

• Like 2

And although just a few pieces of resin and a plastic skull I thought I'd show you the first among the Shadowgave's captains, Molokh Slugtongue, The Carrion Fiend, Scion of Morghur...  

Lots of fun stuff to do on ths conversion still.

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2436.JPG

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

@Curry_Supreme, thank you, very kind.

Update of a new unpainted unit.

I was put off buying Bile Trolls as I saw them too squishd and stout for how I envisaged trolls. So With some inspiration from the Sourbreaths i extended their height from the waist by about 2.5cm and i also widened their shoulder,s lengethened the arms and also thickened their necks and jaws. I have three trolls types with respective non Chaos opposites, these Bile trolls converted as Soubreaths. My Wodr Troll as a Fellwater and the giant converted trolls as Rotguts...these are being reworked, im making them a lot lot darker than i orinally created them, they’ re cave dwelling trogolodytes that tear their eyes out...constantly as they regenerate, just need some more GS and some maggoth bits.

As for my Bile Troll, which Ill be uieng as plain troggoths, with th  od blessing of Nurgle. Im very happy with these. Its taken about 3 days to make these, but 60% of the work happened last night. Ive decided that all my chaos Trolls will have a maw on his body somewhere, whilst Throgg has 3. My fsvourite Troll has to be the one with the troll face emerging from his stomach as its a nod to the first Chaos troll with a face emerging form his stomach, those teeth coming from a Troglodon. But im also fairly fond of the maw with the lips and tongue. 

45AFEFCB-6D7C-4C2F-BC4B-18841DE450BD.jpeg

5496F36B-6EA1-4BFE-BBA8-E2EF66C19D69.jpeg

8D31AEFD-8A7A-4671-8DCD-B9741355B60F.jpeg

2CC63945-97BD-4450-9CCA-F64564DF36EC.jpeg

A37D5894-C00C-49A1-96C8-63B17178444E.jpeg

32075EB1-34F5-4DCC-AE5C-591F594784F1.jpeg

7A0DB391-9607-40C8-80C7-CF75C9C326CB.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 9

Getting to the final start ages of Morghur, debating whether the staff was feasable, afte rmaking it I think it starts to look more like him now. Need to gs some skull hair knots, add the shin guard wraps, gs the two new shoulders for the limbs, and still figuring out the attached tree twirl...

And Throgg finally has a base, and some nip piercings which is how his chest plate is attached.

6ED4D651-66AB-486E-9108-95AA481DD167.jpeg

9A3B584D-D9E2-476F-B00C-79E0B06FCDDA.jpeg

56B0FFFC-32A1-44BF-8BA1-29A12EB93604.jpeg

63601F94-BF3B-4BBA-9844-3DDC5643F56D.jpeg

DDB8CFBC-D916-4E73-9FF3-8D7DF947293D.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Two updates, one is a mash of artwworks, from the original Throgg art (well the second edition of Throgg). and a piece of artwork I found on Gogle images. then blended it on the brushes app.

5ab2cf58ccbd0_stormthrogg.JPG.e62c3cde2dd819ffa8695de91084070a.JPG

The second is my Sorcerer which I entered in the conversion competion. Base don Syabb the od Chaos Sorcerer wielding a sword. Very Happy with him.

64774D86-54A8-4137-B553-1771E668E6F0.jpeg.769ea19aa4673689b50350ddd829a861.jpeg.067b53604946fb761ca015101d65e263.jpeg

2767CF23-90C4-4110-90EB-C85A5B9B81BD.jpeg.aa2c5f5d84cb0c06d956ebe008ab2603.jpeg.d1941157b65fe5cc4a1db0e48149ee44.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

If you came looking for painted miniatures you’re gonna be dissapointed...

update, more conversions, this time more ogors, and a new sorcerer. I havent quite finished my fix with sorcerers, still think a unit of diverse looking sorcers a la Realm of Chaos. Ive also made more progress with Ghurth Spawnchomper, Throggs Right hand leader of the Chaos Ogors. Looking to expand my Chaos Ogors after a special purchase, so the next Ogor is a Chaos Firebelly, was going to make a bitcher but think firebellies could be persuaded more easily by the gods. 

4AD59EDD-2F65-431F-8C97-00E53963935D.jpeg

6ABB1243-5ACD-49DC-8E9E-9427F94D3CB7.jpeg

C1F4E9F1-60E7-43A2-B9F9-8F61D04C828B.jpeg

37EE8A09-4089-45C8-9948-C33B2AD75686.jpeg

46DA8D24-1112-478E-9D06-226036C9C58F.jpeg

AC2BF919-2545-4EF9-9998-33CF07697ADC.jpeg

F2B45DFB-4931-4920-A6DD-99FFEEA5490B.jpeg

23E20624-CD5D-41CE-B584-309CFDCED92B.jpeg

• Like 3

Third sorcerer complete, decided to remove the big cape and to add some legs, the conversion was actually started over 8 years ago when it was desined to be a vampire lord, but the dark tods claimed him. Quite happy with the look now as he reminds of a norse Shaman, think I may add a crow or vulture somewhere allong the base.

8BEA07B1-9FE5-4CDC-AA7A-FE00EC7EB0F3.jpeg

F94416DE-2038-43E1-8D17-A4B4208018A8.jpeg

C036B0DA-5559-4C77-AF9D-FC87DC58C2E1.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some Background, God of War made my curiosity with Jotunn's into a full blown fascination. It's also a way for me see Morghur and Throgg in the same army, which although being Chaos I saw little reason for them to actually ally themselves, Don;t know If  I'll actually ever try to make the others.

Jotunnr of Chaos
The Eight Jotunnr of Chaos were primordial beings that rivalled the Gods of Order. The Jotunnr are thought to be as old as the Realms, Seers and scholars claim they are even older having existed as an etheric essence as the Realms were forming, others that they had belonged to the World that Was, reincarnated to bring anarchy and chaos upon civilisation. Whatever their nascent may have been they are an unnatural contrast to the Pantheon of Order. The Jotunnr. Like the Gods, vary greatly in size, form, power and aspect. Throgg took the form of a gargantuan Troll whereas Be’lokki is a shifting shadow,

Azyr – Kholek Sun Eater,
 The Storm Incarnate, Kholek dominated the lands of Azyr, the enormous Dragon Ogor Jotunnr was the fury of tempests and storms made manifest. Kholek was the first Jotunnr to fall in Sigmar’s Reclamation of the Realms.

Aqyshy – Galraurch
The Dragon Jotunnr. Galrauch, the Jotunnr of Irradecent Flame, was a being of two mind, these were not her heads but rather a separate spirit that existed within her corrupted body. Galrauch was hunted mercilessly by Grimnnir and met her fate as each of Grimnir’s axes claimed one of Galrauch’s heads.

Ghyran – Morghur the Corrupter
Chaos given form, Morghur is the sire of all Brays, Gors and their kin. Morghur was perhaps one of the strangest Jotunnr, his body changed and flowed with each passing stride, his many cloven limbs in turn distorting all reality and life around him, Morghur caused the very air to revolt around him, the abominations that followed in thrall were nothing less than mockeries of life. Morghur is said to be the first Jotunnr and was key in the formation of his kin.  Morghur was tracked by the Goddess of Life, and although maimed he was never captured by Alarielle or Sigmar. It is believed he died from his many grievous wounds. In truth Morghur had burrowed to the centre of Ghyran and there he has Gnawed at it’s roots waiting for time of the Jotunnr.

Ghur – Ghrandukker u’Raak Throgg
King of Trolls, Throgg was a bulkwark of scales and maws. As Lord of the Monstrous horde Throgg held sway over most of the beasts in Ghur until his demise at the hands (or club) of Gorkamork. Throgg returns once more to Ghur, to claim the Realm of Beasts for Chaos and gather the Monstrous Horde

Ulgu – Be’lokkii Master of Shadows
The Daemon Jotunnr, half-truths and lies, mystery and deceit, these are Be’lokky’s weapons of choice. Be’lokkee is the great deceiver of Chaos.

Hysh – Egrimm Vlka
The Sorcerer Jotunn, captured by Teclis and Tyrion, his foothold in Hysh was barely established at the time of his imprisonment. Egrimm Vlka still lives, but as a tortured soul, a blind spawn never able to see the light he once embraced his  mindless mewing serves as warning to all that fail the Dark Gods.

Chamon – Taurox the Brass Bull
Scion and avatar of Hashut, Taurox is the incarnate of the Lord of Darkness, a beast of smouldering metals and living fire. Though his body was forged by his own hands, long having abdadoned his physical form Taurox formed his body from metal and Daemon blood. Through rites known only to Hashut and himself, his once Duardin heart echoes in a chamber of iron wreathed in flame. 

Shyish – Hel*
The Ice Witch of Death. Hel if the collector of souls claimed by Chaos, upon their death Hel and her Daughters, the Valkias, hunt down the souls before Nagash can claim them. Hel was quickly driven out of Shyish from Nagash, her halls are now within the Realm of Chaos known as Spires of the Damned.

(*Too direct a referance, but would like her to  be a fallen like valyerie with elements of the Joutunn Hel) 

Edited by Kronos

And Throrough Background on Throgg 2.0

Ghrandukker u’Raak Throgg

An ancient terror from the Age of Myth, Throgg’s genesis came at the destruction of World that Was. His primeval counterparts were three powerful Troll Warlords, hideously conjoined into one form. During his reign, before the arrival of Sigmar in the Mortal realms, Throgg had brought an age of ice and darkness to Ghur. Perpetual darkness and bitter blizzards raged across the savage realms of Ghur. The primordial wonders of Ghur were either killed, driven into retreat or deep hibernation, or forced into the ranks of Throgg’s Horde.

Throgg is the Troll Jotunnr of Chaos and first of his kin, a behemoth of scales, tusks and maws. His arms bristle with great bony protrusions, his gut is sprawled with terrible mouths, and his maw is enclosed with gnarled tusks and dagger like fangs. Throgg is a favoured champion of the Dark Gods, for his triumphs in Ghur Throgg was granted gifts by both Khorne and Nurgle, both brother vying to claim the Troll King as a champion for themselves. Khorne gifted armour, weapons and martial prowess to Throgg, there are few beings that can withstand a strike from Throgg’s monstrous hammer. Whereas Nurgle joyously gifted mutation and bubonic blessings, not least a particularly destructive stream of corrosive bile. Yet it was Tzeentch who had bestowed Throgg with his most peculiar and advantageous gift, a cunning and taciturn mind entirely unbefitting a brute such as the Troll King.

Monsters that once roamed the lands of Ghur aimlessly were gathered under one banner, a legion of Trolls, Ogors, and their fell kin. Throgg’s army was unrelenting, beasts and monsters obeyed his guttural roars and thunderous barks. Many of the creatures under Throgg’s banner did so instinctively recognising Throgg as an undisputed pack leader, others were in Thrall to Throgg from fear of the Troll King’s wrath, for Throgg was a tremendous creature able to rip a gargant in two, a display of dominance which he demonstrated on many occasions.

Many wars were fought in the realms of Ghur, the ice swept lands stained red and black with blood. Grimnir himself had faced Throgg but only managed to maim the Troll King and destroyed one of the Troll Kings eyes even beyond his regenerative powers. After many pyrrhic battles Sigmar could no longer stand the attrition to his armies, with few choices left he held council in Azyr. There the pantheon of Gods elected to free the Orruk God, Gorkamork from the primodridial sludge of Drakatoa. Throgg’s dominance over all of Ghur came to an end after the two headed God of Destruction was unleashed. Sigmar did not freely choose to free the savage god and knew that once unleashed civilisation would likely no longer stake claim over the lands of Ghur. Once allied to Sigmar’s cause Gorkamork sought the Wintertooth and challenged the Troll over dominance of Ghur. With wanton fury and bestial prowess both behemoths clashed. Their duel lasted many moons, Throgg’s hammer crushing bone and flesh, Gorkamork’s club splitting tusks and armour. Mountains toppled in their titanic brawl and whole lands were made anew. Neither wavered, neither gave any quarter, many times over was one thought dead only to pick themselves up once more and continue the bloodied fight. Eventually the unbridled ferocity of Gorkamork prevailed, and with a series of thunderous swings of his club he brought the Troll King down. Gorkamork’s club continued to strike until nothing was left but a mound of mangled armour and foetid pulp and teeth.

The lands of Ghur were freed from Throgg’s rule, the Chaos Legions were hunted down and kept in check by Gorkamork and the Orruks, Ogor Raiders battled with their treacherous kin and hunted to but a handful of the chaos tribes.  Over the millennia the name of Throgg faded out of memory and thought. Yet, in the coldest mud, under root and stone, a darkness has gathered once more. Throgg’s flesh had been made anew and the Bitter Beast has risen once more. Like a tumour in the earth Throgg became a fell and swollen growth. Troggoths had gathered to this site, unwittingly guarding it for many decades while skin and scale had reknitted into shape. Throgg returns to the Realm of Ghur, seeking vengeance on any that would oppose his rightful doiminion.

Edited by Kronos

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

These are amazing! What are your future plans for your army? What other creatures will you come up with?

Thank you, I’m working on a range of different monster at the moment, finishing the river troll, a haemonculed stone troll, 2 giant beastmen spawn that are based on total war beastmen, a big jabberslythe kitbash, and a Sorcerer lord to lead my slaves of Darkness faction of Chaos,  which makes it 3 Chaos Armies. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...