5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)

Total: 1970/2000

It's to many for ironjawz alligance sadly. You have 510 points of allies which is over the 400 cap at 2k.

To be fair I'm not sure going to a ironjawz based destruction list wouldn't be a reasonable way to go. It forces you off the IJ battleline which hurts but 3 units of 20 gitmob is only 300 points so the tax is Super cheap.

46 minutes ago, Malakree said:

It's to many for ironjawz alligance sadly. You have 510 points of allies which is over the 400 cap at 2k.

To be fair I'm not sure going to a ironjawz based destruction list wouldn't be a reasonable way to go. It forces you off the IJ battleline which hurts but 3 units of 20 gitmob is only 300 points so the tax is Super cheap.

Ahh ****** I wasn't paying attention lol good catch

3 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Hmm..is that enough Gargants?

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)

Total: 1970/2000

Trade one in for ironist batallion, and trade the gruntas for 10 arrboyz. 

3 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Trade one in for ironist batallion, and trade the gruntas for 10 arrboyz. 

Ooh I actually like how this looks. The MK gets the Armor or Klaw depending on the opponent while the footBoss attempts to follow the unit of 10 Brutes to buff them

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Ironclad
- Artefact: Armour of Gork/Metalrippa's Klaw
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact: The Boss Skewer
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 2000/2000

Big thing I'd note is the lack of casting, I'm also not sure how I rate the Footboss although I think I've raised that before. Not having Mystic Shield hurts in general but it's especially painful if you are taking the Armour of Gork. You also have no chance to unbind your opponents spells.

This is one of those lists where I would definitely recommend the Hag over the Gargants purely for the pressure it applies onto your opponents Wizards. You do come up 20 points over budget with the swap though which is a tad painful there's 3 options to get those 2 points.

Option 1
2 x Gargant --> Troggoth Hag
10 x Ardboyz --> 3 x Goregruntas (reversing the swap haha!)

Option 2
Footboss --> Weirdnob

Option 3
10 x Ardboyz + Footboss --> 6 x Goregruntas

Your list is actually kind of trim, it hits the point's exactly and has some good synergies. It is specifically the lack of unbinding that makes me want the Hag over the Gargants, I'm totally not worried I might be obsessed with her or what that would say about me.....

11 hours ago, Malakree said:

Big thing I'd note is the lack of casting, I'm also not sure how I rate the Footboss although I think I've raised that before. Not having Mystic Shield hurts in general but it's especially painful if you are taking the Armour of Gork. You also have no chance to unbind your opponents spells.

This is one of those lists where I would definitely recommend the Hag over the Gargants purely for the pressure it applies onto your opponents Wizards. You do come up 20 points over budget with the swap though which is a tad painful there's 3 options to get those 2 points.

Option 1
10 x Ardboyz --> 3 x Goregruntas (reversing the swap haha!)

Option 2
Footboss --> Weirdnob

Option 3
10 x Ardboyz + Footboss --> 6 x Goregruntas

Your list is actually kind of trim, it hits the point's exactly and has some good synergies. It is specifically the lack of unbinding that makes me want the Hag over the Gargants, I'm totally not worried I might be obsessed with her or what that would say about me.....

Hmm....yeah I can swap to a Shaman. I hate using something like that just for the sole purpose of Mystic Shield/Unbinding...but we dont really have options

Depending on how much you want the gargants you could drop one for 2 grot shamans.

Would give you 2 and 10points for triumph.  At 80 points each they are reasonable and that choice really showcases the strength of the aleguzzlar it's 2 cheap models so you can drop one if you want.

How about this one? I want to keep both Gargants as they are cheap, a good distraction, can dish out dmg, and they can pick out and insta kill banner guys and such if they are in range. If I want speed I can drop the pigs and go Ironfist

Leaders
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Total: 1960/2000

You also have the spare points in that list to swap the Goregruntas for an extra 5 brutes or 10 Ardboyz if you want.

Leaders

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Total: 2000/2000

That gives you the wall of brutes you wanted :D 

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

You also have the spare points in that list to swap the Goregruntas for an extra 5 brutes or 10 Ardboyz if you want.

Leaders

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
Total: 2000/2000

That gives you the wall of brutes you wanted :D 

Ahh this is true...the Brute pain train

Used the following against stormcast today at 2k points

MK with daubing of mork and ironclad

Weirdnob shaman

Warchanter

10 Brutes

5 Brutes

10 Ardboys

2 x 3 Gore Gruntas

Gargant

Ironfist

I managed to pretty much kill the entire stormcast army by the bottom of turn 5, and the cabbage was absolutely amazing. He managed to shrug everything thrown at him and deal so much damage. The Gargant was also great at denying his ability to arrive from the heavens as he was quite worried about it. Overall pretty happy with the list, though I got lucky at one point and it could have easily gone the other way. More play testing is still needed. 

2 minutes ago, Brodylan said:

Weirdnob shaman

Warchanter

10 Brutes

5 Brutes

10 Ardboys

2 x 3 Gore Gruntas

Gargant

Ironfist

I managed to pretty much kill the entire stormcast army by the bottom of turn 5, and the cabbage was absolutely amazing. He managed to shrug everything thrown at him and deal so much damage. The Gargant was also great at denying his ability to arrive from the heavens as he was quite worried about it. Overall pretty happy with the list, though I got lucky at one point and it could have easily gone the other way. More play testing is still needed. 

That kind of solidifies my thought of using the Gargants as distractions/beat sticks

15 hours ago, Brodylan said:

Weirdnob shaman

Warchanter

10 Brutes

5 Brutes

10 Ardboys

2 x 3 Gore Gruntas

Gargant

Ironfist

Gargant can be a good distraction but what about play without him and wirdnob shaman? Instead of them you can play a grot sham( mystic shileld anyway) and gorefist battalion.

turn one your pigs charge for sure enemy line and they can block enemy cav or units that need charge to be effective!( or stormcast fulminators)!!they are so tanky expecially unit with boss!!:)

5 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Gargant can be a good distraction but what about play without him and wirdnob shaman? Instead of them you can play a grot sham( mystic shileld anyway) and gorefist battalion.

turn one your pigs charge for sure enemy line and they can block enemy cav or units that need charge to be effective!( or stormcast fulminators)!!they are so tanky expecially unit with boss!!:)

If I was going to run that I'd go full ham with it. 

Hero
- Gordrakk 

Battleline
- Goregrunta x6
280 - Goregrunta x6
280 - Goregrunta x6
280 - Goregrunta x6

Battalion
220 - Gorefist

Total - 1980

Turn 1 drop the Gordrakk Waaagh! on the Gorefist, go for the 8" charges with your 3d6 and just try to break your opponent haha

Hey guys. I'm a newer player and I'm looking to build upto a 2k list, I only really want to buy my 2k list so it would be great to get some advise so I don't waste money.

The models I realllyyyy want to use... The Fella on the big dragon/wyvern, the troggoth hag, because she looks so cool and brutes. Can anyone give me a hand? 

2 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

Hey guys. I'm a newer player and I'm looking to build upto a 2k list, I only really want to buy my 2k list so it would be great to get some advise so I don't waste money.

The models I realllyyyy want to use... The Fella on the big dragon/wyvern, the troggoth hag, because she looks so cool and brutes. Can anyone give me a hand? 

Hey @AaronWIlson,

Nice choices with the Maw-krusha and the Troggoth Hag, both great models both in terms of aesthetics and rules tbh! Unfortunately we will struggle to help you out too much right now in terms of buying a fixed 2k list. We are in such a state of flux with trying out the new stuff that it's really hard to settle on something just yet...it's pretty fun writing new lists and experimenting though!

With the Maw-krusha and Troggoth Hag coming in at a whopping 820 combined, you will probably have to really consider whether you want to spend much more on Leaders and/or Battalions. You don't need the Shaman as the Hag covers mage duty. I ran this list yesterday;

Maw-krusha - General, Ironclad, Daubing
Weirdnob Shaman

10 Brutes
5 Brutes
5 Brutes
3 Gore-gruntas
3 Gore-gruntas
10 Ardboys

Spear Chukka
Spear Chukka

I'll post my thoughts on the list (after spending 300pts on Bloodtoofs for a couple of games I fancied swinging the other way and trying no Battalions), how it played and what I'd change in my own thread later, but for your purposes you could drop the allies and the Shaman and fit the Hag straight in;

Maw-krusha - General, Ironclad, Daubing
Troggoth Hag

10 Brutes
5 Brutes
5 Brutes
3 Gore-gruntas
3 Gore-gruntas
10 Ardboys

Something like that. If you wanted a bit more movement you could drop the Ardboys for an Ironfist (something I'd consider in my own build). Only downside there is that your second artefact would be wasted.

Just some ideas for you. It's all up in the air at the moment and I wouldn't wanted to be held to account on any of my opinions just yet! ;) 

Sorry I haven't been participating in the thread too much of late. You guys are coming up with some cool stuff though! Good work.

Chris

1 minute ago, AaronWIlson said:

Thanks matey. I ordered a Megaboss just to paint up as that model is a stunner. I think I may go ahead and get the Weirdnob shaman boxset & start collecting to give me a solid core :D

I was gonna say you're kidding yourself if you think you'll stick to 2k, but thought better of it!! ;) 

There's no such thing as a bad purchase when it comes to Ironjawz. Fact.

I have to say that running Ironclad on a Megaboss on foot with Destroyer on his Choppa is amazingly good.  I just played at my local GW's Escalation league yesterday, and went 4-0 for the day with that Megaboss and two Brute squads (the league starts at 500, then goes up another 500 points per month).  In each of the games, the Brutes would weather the attacks of the bulk of the enemy armies, with the Megaboss coming in to bat clean up.  3 Damage on that axe is scary.  In half of my games, I was able to get the Megaboss into battle with heroes, chop them down, and then get that extra attack.  He himself chopped down about 40 or 50 models through the day (a Blood Reaver horde and 3 games against Skaven blobs).

I firmly believe that for a 500 point list, a Megaboss and 2 Brute Squads are the way to go.  I thought about taking a block of Ardboys for the day instead of one of the Brute Squads, but I'm glad I went with the Brutes (I usually am anyways :)).  Next month, I have another 500 points to add it.  I'm wondering if I can change some things around and get a Maw-Crusha in.

Oh yeah, I finally got my Maw-Crusha model.  Gotta get it assembled, but it's coming.  Waaagh!

12 minutes ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

I have to say that running Ironclad on a Megaboss on foot with Destroyer on his Choppa is amazingly good. 

...at 500 points.

Is how that sentence should finish! ;) 
I don't doubt he would do solid work there and eventually get stuck in for sure, same with 1,000pts and other smaller games.

My problem with him is at 2,000pts. He is slower now without the old Rampaging Destroyers (yeh I know he can go 6" potentially, but I'm not sure how often that'll come into play, I suspect there will be better options) and the lack of Battlebrew really hurts. It was those two things that made him viable in the original General's Handbook. Before that he suffered the problems he does now.

Ironclad is superb, but anyone putting that on him and not a Maw-krusha (again, talking 2k) needs their head looking at! I suspect Destroyer goes some way to mitigate the lack of Battlebrew (I'm sure a maths type can run those numbers...I'd be interested to take a look) and of course there will be times where you squeeze through 15-18 damage, but I think he is far less reliable now.

As mentioned above though, this is early doors and all opinions are subject to change as games are played for sure! Also cool if people are finding different things good.

Archived