Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Chris Tomlin

GH2017 - Ironjawz Review & Discussion

505 posts in this topic

Chris Tomlin    2,805

Cheers guys,

Just remember this is an initial read through and discussion. Entirely possible I have missed some things or my opinions may be flat out wrong!

That's half the fun though right?

I have been informed that your leader must be a General, so that's my mistake there. 

Also I am able to confirm that I was fortunate enough to be invited to provide some direct feedback to GW regarding these points changes and it's nice to see that my opinions were mostly inline with GWs 😊

Chris 

• Like 5

Sangfroid    520

@Chris Tomlin nice write up fella, 

for the battle traits do we get all three or is a case of picking one of the three? 

Better battleshock protection (if you want it) more damage more rend more charges more more more more, can't wait to get my hands on it properly :-) 

the formations thing is interesting if we can effectively take the same armies as before but the enemy now either can't take a formation or loses the effectiveness of it (let's just say for example 10 & a 5 Paladins in a Hammerstrike instead of 2 x10) then this is a pretty sizeable boost to IJ as i have often thought I could have won a game if I had just 10 more Ardboyz (insert 5 brutes or goregrutnas here) 

a megaboss on foot with a rend -2 or damage 3 choppa  (and as far as I can tell no points change from your post)

im a very happy man

• Like 4

Donal    118

Great write up, definitely think BCR allegiance abilities are worth considering now.

does think rock eye affect mounts for the +1 to hit?

• Like 1

Xelotath    41

Thank you for posting this! I couldn't be more excited for Jawz players ATM! 

I really like the plus 1 damage artefact on a foot megaboss. Three damage per swing on 6 attacks! 

• Like 1

Chris Tomlin    2,805
18 minutes ago, Sangfroid said:

@Chris Tomlin nice write up fella, 

for the battle traits do we get all three or is a case of picking one of the three? 

All three!! Pretty exciting stuff imo. 

Im out Go Karting on Dom Hook's stag weekend at the moment so will reply more later if I get a chance. 

Thanks for reading and sharing! 

Chris x

• Like 2

Chris Tomlin    2,805
20 minutes ago, Donal said:

does think rock eye affect mounts for the +1 to hit?

Nope. Mounts are exempt from such things now. Think there are a couple of exceptions in the book. 

• Like 1

Donal    118
8 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Nope. Mounts are exempt from such things now. Think there are a couple of exceptions in the book. 

Thanks. Think I'm happy about this change cause it means I'll run everwinter allegiance. 

Enjoy the stag do, give my best to Dom.

• Like 1

cb_rex    192

An interesting read, it sounds like they've tweaked the army to make it essentially more fun to play, charging and ruining peoples plans, doing what a great big Orruk should, smashin' stuff up good and proppa.

• Like 1

Double Misfire    1,298

Hey Chris, was great getting a game in against you and Aaron on saturday, congrats on taking the title. Excellent and very thorough post. Any chance of something similar for Dispossessed? ;) 

• Like 1

Sangfroid    520
25 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

All three!! Pretty exciting stuff imo. 

Im out Go Karting on Dom Hook's stag weekend at the moment so will reply more later if I get a chance. 

Thanks for reading and sharing! 

Chris x

IMG_0737.GIF

• Like 2

Great write up. Ironjawz look like a force to be reckoned with in the future. 

I feel for my Gutbusters now.  Looks like the best they have is being Allies to Beastclaw.

• Like 1

WAAAGHdogg15    20

I have a barely begun IJ army which I was losing my hobby mojo for. After reading this, I can't wait to crack on with them :D great write up Chris. Will read your promised follow up posts with great interest!

• Like 1

Seraphage    44

Thank you so much man ! 

I 'm an Order player myself ready to take you brutes on with my Seraphon and Dispossessed but I really enjoyed reading this !

Always nice to get more information on the good book ! 

• Like 2

Soulsmith    741
3 hours ago, Mohojoe said:

I could kiss your hairy man chops

Get in the queue, git.

Great work, good write up, enjoyed the sprinkling of bestial charisma here and there ;)

Just curious as to whether Brutish Cunning can be used on the general himself or only a nearby unit.

• Like 2

Sangfroid    520
5 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Get in the queue, git.

Great work, good write up, enjoyed the sprinkling of bestial charisma here and there ;)

Just curious as to whether Brutish Cunning can be used on the general himself or only a nearby unit.

The leak on the community site says a the word within so that's already been FAQ to mean themselves so yes can be used on themselves (as Chris said one day some lucky Megaboss is going to combo destructive bulk in the opponents charge phase :-)

• Like 2

Tizianolol    42

Guys with this ally we can finally put a cheep grot shaman In ironjawz list! I know, it's not good to see a grot into a ironj list , but immagine how it work in a tournament! 60 pts for mystic shield:)