Skaven question

przenicki1987

I have one question normally im tzeentch player but i will take second army skaven and ... i want to play klan skryre becouse ofc new ability and my question is about battleline units in this army becouse in skaven compedium i dont see ,,normal battleline " is there any option to make clan rats battleline i this army :)

Wysłane z mojego SM-G928F przy użyciu Tapatalka

currently the only battle line for skryre are stormfiends  (which is amazing) and skryre acolytes. Clanrats would break allegiance. Under ghb2017 allies allow you to take non skryre units without breaking allegiance, but im honestly not sure if you can take allies as battle line. I'm not sure anyone knows at this point. Gotta wait for ghb2017 to come out :)

I just asked Ben in the questions on ghb 2017. Allies count towards maximum but not minimum units you can field. So skryre is limited to acolytes and stormfiends.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a change to the skaven army composition as they are extremely limited in how you can build them without breaking allegiance. Thanquel is just straight up impossible to field if you want to remain skaven allegiance of any sort.

I would love a Skyre book but cant see it happening any time soon!

Limited to stormfiends and acolytes isn't the worst out there  - cant see why I wouldn't run 3x3 stormfiends as the battle line though!

Couple WLC, arch warlock, engineers and loads of warpy goodness to throw at your enemies- and now 400 points of allies to get some feet on the ground!

R

So, According to [mention=45]Chris Tomlin[/mention] the General must be a "Leader" type.

Allied units don't count towards minimums, but do count towards maximums.

The General isn't a "unit type" (i.e. Leader, Battleline, Behemoth) ... so we haven't seen anything that says that the General can't be from the allied force.

But, you should ask that question in the AMA that [mention=2]Ben[/mention] is hosting.

Archived