Events UK: BLACKOUT Skirmish - Friday Side Event

Chris Tomlin

Event Title: BLACKOUT Skirmish - Friday Side Event
Event Author: Chris Tomlin
Calendar: Events UK
Event Date: 09/01/2017 05:30 PM to 09/01/2017 09:00 PM

Good afternoon,

Two weeks today heralds one of the first Matched Play Skirmish Tournaments in the UK; BLACKOUT Skirmish.

Held on the eve of BLACKOUT, an 80+ player General's Handbook 2017 event, at Firestorm Games in Cardiff, this Skirmish event will be a great opportunity for people to try out this fantastic rules set.

The event is open to anyone. For players attending BLACKOUT, this will be free. If you are not attending BLACKOUT but still fancy giving the Skirmish a go, drop me a DM and we can arrange something.

The timetable is as follows;

Friday 1st September - BLACKOUT Skirmish (free side event)
Firestorm Games opens: 12:00
Game One: 17:50-18:35
Display & Vote for Best Painted: 18:35-19:00
Game Two: 19:00-19:45
Game Three: 20:00-20:45
Awards Presentation: 20:45-21:00
Firestorm Games closes: 23:00

There will be trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Best Painted and Best Sports.

The pack for the event can be found here; http://traffic.libsyn.com/theblacksun/Blackout_Skirmish.pdf

Massive thanks to @bottle for all his help and essentially being the driving force behind this.

If you want to take part please sign up below, it will be very useful for myself and Firestorm if we have numbers beforehand. There is a chance I will also be playing in this event myself; Skirmish is great!

Grudges are encouraged.

Looking forward to this!
Chris x

BLACKOUT Skirmish - Friday Side Event

Will do my very best to get there in time for the start of this (traffic and work dependent).
Well up for this though, love Skirmish, just trying to work out a list now that means I can double up with my main force for the tournament, and not have to ruin myself rush-painting any more than I need to!

• Like 1

Entrants list updated!

Don't forget this is a freebie event (with trophies!). It'll be a super fun way to spend the Friday with a few beers and some fun games, so let me know ASAP if you want to get involved as I need to advise Firestorm of how many tables I want.

It's a pretty sweet selection of guys on the entry list so far, come join us!

Probably going to have to skip Skirmish as not entirely sure what time we'll be arriving in Cardiff - trains have yet to be booked!  Should be making an appearance early evening.  Out of curiosity, if me and my brother were wanting to sneak a quick AoS game in Friday evening would we need to book btw?  Never played at Firestorm :)

11 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Probably going to have to skip Skirmish as not entirely sure what time we'll be arriving in Cardiff - trains have yet to be booked!  Should be making an appearance early evening.  Out of curiosity, if me and my brother were wanting to sneak a quick AoS game in Friday evening would we need to book btw?  Never played at Firestorm :)

Firestorm should have tables for you, without needing to book - just ask one of the guys on the till.

Also, it's open until 11pm on a Friday, and there's a bar :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Petloski said:

Firestorm should have tables for you, without needing to book - just ask one of the guys on the till.

Also, it's open until 11pm on a Friday, and there's a bar :D

Cheers!  I may have scouted the bar out last month after I went to the Dr Who Experience :D

22 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@RuneBrush - @Petloski is correct in all he says there. Come on down and say hi, even if you can't make the Skirmish. If you do happen to get in on time and want to play you will be able to register on the day anyway :) 

Ace :)  I was about to say you'd recognise me as the chap with a beard and not much hair, but that's not that descriptive anymore in our hobby :D 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bottle said:

Really looking forward to this!

Me too mate!

If I was more organised (i.e. didn't decide to attend this event a week ago), I would have finished the warband of my Eclipse entry, but as is, I'll be using things from my Blackout army.

• Like 1