Da Bonejawz, Mawcrusha finished

Xelotath

8 minutes ago, trarux said:

How do you paint the bone armor ? Rly love it 

Good job and keep it up 

Thanks man I'm glad you like it.  The colours I use are (over a white base coat) screaming skull for the base, Seraphim Sepia wash and then a dry brush with Praxetti white. Honestly if you have a decent undercoat you can just skip the screaming skull and go straight to the wash, that's what I've done with the Gore Gruntas armour and I even did it with part of the Megaboss. Once the dry brush is down it's barely different 

So just a few more WIP shots of the Mawcrusha. It's slowly coming together, at this point I need to clean the wings up and then it's largely washes, highlights and then doing the 180 odd spines on this beast, then metal bits. 

The main reason I wanted to post though was to ask for a bit of help. I'm not 100% sure on the red plates at the front, I was gonna add some bone patterns on them but maybe I should make them bone with red patterns. Or even silver? Any ideas, comments and criticisms are appreciated ?

Thanks guys! 

IMG_6544.JPG

IMG_6545.JPG

IMG_6546.JPG

So it's finally finished, or at least I've decided to call it a day. I'm pretty happy with the overall result, it looks better in person though. For some reason yellow is hard to take pictures of! 

Anyway here's a few pics of the Mawcrusha, just some basing to do on it but I think I'm gonna use Agrellan badland for basing the army. I'll have to scrape the sand of the current bases but this all sounds like a job for when the army is finished.

Anyway hope you like it!

IMG_6572.JPG

IMG_6573.JPG

IMG_6574.JPG

IMG_6575.JPG

@Chris Tomlin @Aginor

thanks for the encouraging words guys. I'm doing this thread mainly to record progress in painting and (if I ever do any) gaming.  However getting feedback is great for keeping interest in painting. Especially as a dry spell of games at the moment is making motivating myself to paint harder.

This weekend however I've been working on my Megaboss to ride the Crusha and some Ardboyz so hopefully I'll have something to post again soon.

Thanks again guys!

Archived