STOP WITH THE COMPLAINING AND REMEMBER WHY WE HAVE TGA.

Ben

Hello everyone.  

I don't like to have to make posts like this and its been a while since the last one, but unfortunately I keep seeing the same sort of things posted over and over, usually by a small group of people.  

This forum (TGA) was set-up by myself nearly 18 months ago to be a fun place to hang out and chat about Age of Sigmar. It is a safe haven for like minded gamers from all around the world to avoid the hate and bile that was present on almost every other Warhammer forum/website/blog online.  

I wanted to find all the people who were enthusiastic about AoS and bring them to a single place to create a worldwide community that shared a love for all things related to the mortal realms. 

Unfortunately it seem that along with the success of a thriving and fun community comes people who just want to moan and complain about the very thing that they spend so much time involved with.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I welcome and enjoy lively debate but flat out moaning and complaining will not be tolerated here any more.  

I invite anyone who feels the need to spend time complaining to head over to another forum to do so.  I recommend 4Chan as the bets place as it seems built for it but there are many others.  

http://www.warseer.com/forums/

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/forums/list.page;jsessionid=F75F6F37FA8705FD51B6E3965F4A96CA

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battle

i'm sure there are lots more too but it is no longer welcome on TGA.

This forum has a pretty robust reporting and reputation system.  If you see a post where some is just complaining for the sake of it them please report it.  I want to make this a fun forum to be part of and the community helping with that will make it easier.  

Thanks, 

Ben.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the atmosphere on this board and while i do enjoy a little moan now and again (mainly when weve been starved of new stuff!) Im happy to knock it off for the greater good!

However, I do find some of the moans by other posters interesting as it broadens my own perspective, and sometimes the community can even help find a resolution to a problem!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Very happy you posted this Ben. I've been on the verge of dropping out the last few months due to this. Every conversation turning into the same discussions, this unit is overpowered, gw messed this up, next change will ruin it. Which is a shame because the forum keeps me up to date and inspired in this hobby. When I got back into the hobby this forum really helped me get back into it. 

Yes it's a bit vague but something like a feeling or a community  culture is not quantifiable. 

12 minutes ago, Auticus said:

I think Ben you need to be very specific in your rules,

It is deliberately vague. 

Hard and fast rules will be pushed to the limit and a 'debate' ensues when I try to enforce them. Vague rules means I can bend them to suit what I feel is best for this community and the moderators word is the only hard limit

If a person can't self moderate their posts and honestly doesn't know that they are coming across as a troll I hope the community will report them and out moderator team can have a word. 

This is a bit unclear. I wonder if I'm on your haters list right now as I openly say what i like and dislike. I don't like constant releases for Stormcasts, getting away from mono-factions and domination of 40k in releases. I loved Battleforce boxes and got two of them, I love Kharadrons and am waiting just for a good offer and I like the idea of Shadespire. Does it make me more of a hater or lover?

Perhaps a more robust warning is required, actually temp ban people. I dunno.

I suspect I've posted some complaining posts, but hey last time I done that the next day nurgle released lol.

I shall try improve my attitude an encourage others 

As long the forum does not turn into an echo chamber.

I am pretty straightforward with what i like and dislike. I wonder if i say if i don't like x or y, i will get reported.

But well ill leave it on the mod team capable hands to discern case by case.

Maybe I'm wrong, it seems obvious that pages of back-and-forth, go nowhere "debate" is what this Ben fellow is referring to?

I mean, I've lost count on how many pages, in how many topics I've read "unit of 40 skeletons with three attacks each" as a point of contention. 

Perhaps I recur myself but remember: probably some GW employees read this forum. We had signs when they wrote in one of their warhammer-community posts that they are aware that death players need attention.If they read than they know what we expect of them. Than they can give us what we expect by selling that to us. If we don't complain from time to time we won't be getting what we need.

Just now, Aryann said:

Perhaps I recur myself but remember: probably some GW employees read this forum. We had signs when they wrote in one of their warhammer-community posts that they are aware that death players need attention.If they read than they know what we expect of them. Than they can give us what we expect by selling that to us. If we don't complain from time to time we won't be getting what we need.

I don't think they will base a lot of business decisions on what a few people complain about on a forum. Forums aren't the majority of the customers, more like a vocal minority. 

1 minute ago, Aryann said:

Do you have specific evidence of this? This forum isn't the only place where people have voiced the idea that Death has been served very little attention. I find it unlikely that Games Workshop has employees continuing to visit here and sifting through pages of the aforementioned back-and-forth arguments. I can't even bring myself to do it anymore.

Can I ask anybody who does report something, that you actually add a reason why you are reporting it please!!! 

Also can I add if you need to ask what is acceptable, you've probably already answered your own question. Debate is fine but please use constructive criticism and common sense.

I would have thought it was entirely obvious what I'm talking about. 

I don't want to single out posters at this stage but things like

'the allies rules are just for commercial reasons'

is clearly a post that is purely a moan/troll and has no need to be posted. GW are a business every single release, action, post or anything they do is a commercial reason .  Posting this in reply to a GHB2 debate is a troll post  

like wise, 'oh great, another Stormcast release' is a troll post.  It gives nothing to a discussion about a latest release  

Just now, Still-young said:

I don't think they will base a lot of business decisions on what a few people complain about on a forum. Forums aren't the majority of the customers, more like a vocal minority. 

It's still the biggest AoS forum. If they don't read it from time to time they are making a mistake. Vox populi, vox Dei. ;) To satisfy our needs is the best they can do.

4 minutes ago, Aryann said:

If we don't complain from time to time we won't be getting what we need.

Don't complain. None is going to listen to 'death is rubbish' or 'oh no, another realise that's no death' but a well structured post on why you think death would benifit from upgrades, followed by ideas for said upgrades and maybe even some fan made suggestions would be sure to reach GW eyes. 

I know for a fact that this is true. 

4 minutes ago, Aryann said:

It's still the biggest AoS forum. If they don't read it from time to time they are making a mistake. Vox populi, vox Dei. ;) To satisfy our needs is the best they can do.

But our needs aren't necessarily the needs of the majority of their market, is what I mean. Sure, reading it might give them some ideas, but I don't think commercial decisions are made on the back of reading a forum. 

Or, maybe they are... but yeah, complaining isn't the right way to go about it. 

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

But our needs aren't necessarily the needs of the majority of their market, is what I mean. Sure, reading it might give them some ideas, but I don't think commercial decisions are made on the back of reading a forum. 

It's still worth a try. :)

Archived