Season of war: Firestorm

Arkiham

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KingCheops said:

I'm hoping for some accompanying hobby articles about making terrain for these battles.  I can sometimes have trouble with inspiration that is more fantastical than real.  Some great examples of crazy stuff found in the realm of fire would be great!

On this note I hope that we get more AOS terrain, what we have is fairly lackluster IMHO and does a poor job representing what AOS is meant to be.

1 hour ago, CountryMou3e said:

I'm sure I read that new terrain was coming

I believe that was related to the modular scenery like what was release for 40K's Shadow War: Armageddon. I think (not positive though) that GW teased modular AoS scenery in the relatively near future. And that would be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So Firestorm was released on Sunday and there has been a bit of discussion about it in the rumours thread but lets keep that going here (as its getting lost amongst new rumours already).

Firestorm campaign pack info - link

City of Hammerhal  - link

Firestorm-Hammerhal-Image8yw.jpg

It looks like the City Defender boxes will be $170USD, not sure in £ yet.

Im looking forward to fielding a mixed order force from Tempests Eye with my existing Dispossessed and some new Stormcast, at least based on the box set.  We know Anvilguard and Hammerhal can have mixed factions besides what they include in the boxed sets so we await more details.

That Anvilguard ability is borderline game-breaking. Really disappointed that these are going to be used in the normal matched play, as they would have been fine in the thematic context for just the Firestorm campaign, but for normal matched play? I do hope that some events comp these out. 

I am really stoked that GW are doing these kind of things, as they encourage good community play. But to have them seep into the matched play tournament scene? It's another supplement for people to purchase. I thought 7th Ed 40k was pulled down and redesigned exactly for this reason. 

1 minute ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Probably best to wait to see the full context of the book guys :) 

Think this is probably the best advice - I do have a few reservations, but we've only seen a tiny portion of the rules so it's massively out of context to make a firm decision :)

49 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Probably best to wait to see the full context of the book guys :) 

Normally I'd agree. But GW have already confirmed that these abilities are usable in Matched play. Books on top of books on top of books. Campaign books containing rules that are very powerful, when used out of context. My concern isn't so much that an ability is of a certain power level, but more that we are starting to see the worst bits of 40k. 

13 minutes ago, stato said:

Capture.JPG

Hmm.  So clicking on Tempests Eye gives you the option of Stormcast, Kharadrons, Free people and some elves.  No dispossessed, which is odd as the boxed set for Tempests Eye comes with Stormcast, Dispossessed and Ironweld uints.  Oh well, someone screwed up somewhere.

4 minutes ago, stato said:

Hmm.  So clicking on Tempests Eye gives you the option of Stormcast, Kharadrons, Free people and some elves.  No dispossessed, which is odd as the boxed set for Tempests Eye comes with Stormcast, Dispossessed and Ironweld uints.  Oh well, someone screwed up somewhere.

I was just about to post this. Worried but still optimistic as my existing Greywater Fastness force has a lot of Dispossessed in it and they're not listed. :S

57 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

Normally I'd agree. But GW have already confirmed that these abilities are usable in Matched play. Books on top of books on top of books. Campaign books containing rules that are very powerful, when used out of context. My concern isn't so much that an ability is of a certain power level, but more that we are starting to see the worst bits of 40k. 

Once again, wait for the book mate B|

Blargh, new awesome releases that I probably won't be able to afford.  Hopefully I can scrounge up enough to grab the book.  But man, that set with the Dispossessed looks sweet!  Well, all of them do, really, but Dispossessed are likely my next army project, since I still get aggravated at myself for not getting a Dwarf army when I had the chance.

Plus, map campaigns?  Yes, please!  I'm a sucker for campaigns, and would love for more opportunities to stretch my Narrative wings!

Tempest's Eye has landed.

Firestorm-Tempest-Boxout7yqn.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/20/the-armies-of-firestorm-tempests-eye-sep20gw-homepage-post-4/

Looks like these guys can take Disposessed and Ironweld after all, and their allegiance ability's pretty tasty to book. Might have to emigrate there if Greywater Fastness really can't take Ironweld!

The Wrath Fleet's up tomorrow! :D 

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

Tempest's Eye has landed.

Firestorm-Tempest-Boxout7yqn.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/20/the-armies-of-firestorm-tempests-eye-sep20gw-homepage-post-4/

Looks like these guys can take Disposessed and Ironweld after all, and their allegiance ability's pretty tasty to book. Might have to emigrate there if Greywater Fastness really can't take Ironweld!

The Wrath Fleet's up tomorrow! :D 

Ha excellent!  Glad its just a website error.  I just sprayed up my set of Prosecutors Tempest colours last night so im all in for this faction, regardless if the rules carry through to normal gaming its just such a great looking combined faction.

Archived