Season of war: Firestorm

Arkiham

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite excited by this!  I've always loved a map based campaign :)

14 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

Are they "mixed" factions boxes?

Very much so - they're all an order faction plus Stormcast.  Wonder what battalion we're getting for them - and if there are more?  It makes sense to imagine we'll be seeing "besiegers of the great cities"!

So cool! Looking forward to playing this.

Though, I wonder how much it'll cost? For example: Path to Glory solo book was way over priced, but AoS Skirmish had a fair price and apparently they are keeping the new Generals Handbook at a decent price point.

From what GW said in reply to something I posted, this is not a new global campaign like Season of War, it's a supplement for AOS to run narrative map campaigns, basically an AOS version of Mighty Empires, I guess.

If those boxes have battalions, I doubt they'll have points as this seems clearly geared towards Narrative play, so it's likely we won't see many things for Matched Play.

1 minute ago, stato said:

So its going to be an actual thing, a book, as opposed to just some boxed sets?

Both, I think probably a boxed set with a book for running campaigns, a map of some sort for territories, tokens for territories.  It's an "expansion"

It's what's inside the box that counts. I got a kick out of the Hammerhal one; it's like they are bringing the city guard part of the SOH game story to life. But what is the line of troops in the bottom right carrying? Crossbows? Guns?

1 hour ago, MacDuff said:

It's what's inside the box that counts. I got a kick out of the Hammerhal one; it's like they are bringing the city guard part of the SOH game story to life. But what is the line of troops in the bottom right carrying? Crossbows? Guns?

The Hammerhal boxed set has:

10 Freeguild Guard

10 Freeguild Handgunners/Xbows

3 Demigryph Knights

Freeguild Generals Boxed Set (Makes 2)

Celestial Hurricanum

10 Liberators

Lord Castellant

So I guess you're talking about the Freeguild Guard in this case.

I love everything about this, but especially the fact that it might encourage people to mix up their factions a bit more when there's an opportunity for an appropriate theme. Also great to see some of the neglected 'legacy' units getting some proper attention.

Sadly I can't afford any of these new boxes and have way too much to paint already, but if I could I think I'd go for Anvilgard and really push the nautical theme.

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

Greywater Fastness allegiance pls

fKPOF63.jpg

There should be an Ironweld allegiance, or at least battalions.  

I want an Ironweld air wing, 5 gyrocopters or bombers, the batallion would cost 0pts (so the total was 400pt meaning it could be taken as an allied detachment), the warscroll would contain no rules and instead just contain the score to Ride of the Valkyries  :0)

I'll take the Tempest's Eye for now though.

This seems pretty cool although I'm pretty confused about what it is.  When I first skim read the Warhammer Community article I was under the impression it was going to be a Mighty Empires type tile based campaign set but after reading it properly it comes across more like another Season of War campaign like last summer.

Having said that the army boxes do look good, it's nice to see the Freeguild get a bit of love.  I wonder if we'll see any more of these mixed faction bundle boxes for the other alliances.

This seems pretty cool although I'm pretty confused about what it is.  When I first skim read the Warhammer Community article I was under the impression it was going to be a Mighty Empires type tile based campaign set but after reading it properly it comes across more like another Season of War campaign like last summer.

Having said that the army boxes do look good, it's nice to see the Freeguild get a bit of love.  I wonder if we'll see any more of these mixed faction bundle boxes for the other alliances.

According to gw on.their facebook it's more like mighty empires. It's not a new season of war campaign

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, wayniac said:

According to gw on.their facebook it's more like mighty empires. It's not a new season of war campaign

I can see why it would be confusing though, because they do mention 'Season of War'. As I now understand it, this isn't another global campaign in the style of Season of War, but instead a campaign system that progresses the narrative that started in Season of War.

Archived