Original campaign for WQ-SOH, any feedback?

Giac

I've started working on a custom Hammerhal campaign, with 5 levels. However, I'm not particularly familiar with the AoS fluff and armies, so I wonder if I made any obvious mistake in laying down the background. Can anyone have a look and let me know if there's anything obviously wrong in the overall scenario?

The idea is to give players a few levels to optionally stock up on gadgetry, and then hit them with the big baddies as they fight to crawl their way out. I'll probably modify the stairs placement because at the moment they're a bit random; the idea is to have a series of continuous flights plus some back-entrances. Eventually I'll type it all up in the templates others have posted, and upload it somewhere. Any help is welcome!

Training Day.docx

i think in terms of AOS, the fluff is so light you could pretty much write what you wanted. and some of the heaviest fluff came in the hammerhal mini novella. i dont think people would be entirely offended if it was set in the old world :)

what you currently have (formatting aside) is a good start. i think a page or two worth of text is enough to set the scene (as opposed to 40 odd pages that hammerhal got)

but the scene is most definately set. i guess its a case now of layout out each level as it would be expected from a GM's perspective and testing stage by stage to see how the story and its evolution play out?

great start :)

Yeah this is just the start, with background and somewhat-themed levels; as I type it all up in the PSD templates I'll put in all adversaries, unexpected events etc. I will stick to the Hammerhal set for big bosses, but will put in plenty of space for exotics - the scenario of a building being looted by a bunch of loosely connected baddies should leave ample space for variety.

First level done. There are a few Treasures and even one Artefact to find, all regenerative stuff that should help players survive as they gain skills. Adversaries are low-level and in low numbers, although you can multiply Bloodreavers with Khorne Calls if players start more powerful than base, and  Acolytes can spawn Pink Horrors.

I'm going to give it a go with the kids in the next few days and see how it fares.

Hope you like it! 

1 - warehouse.pdf

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for this Giac! After finishing The Silver tower, this is exactly what me and my friends have been looking for :)

I will write up a review, once we have played through your campaing. It looks really good and professional so far, hope you write more! :D

Archived