Tzeentch army selection. Help please

VonManson

Hello all.

so I am still pretty new to aos, only played three games and only one with tzeentch.

i am playing a good buddy on Thursday at 1500 and the army selection is proving tricky.

My friend won't care if I want to proxy miniatures as my army is still new and is made up of only two get started daemon boxes, a tzangor shaman and a soul grinder.

i want to give my friend a good game but I also don't just want to proxy the best stuff because it is the best, and I also want to use the models I own.

any help in list building and possibly how to use units like flamers and screamers would be greatly appreciated.

He has skaven or undead as his armies.

thank you

Hope i can help you a bit. Made a list of the models you own.

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Heroes
Herald Of Tzeentch (120)
- Staff of Change
Herald Of Tzeentch On Burning Chariot (200)
- Staff of Change
- Staff of Change

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)

Behemoths
Soul Grinder (280)
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

Total: 1080/1500

No spells actually, you pick what you like or what is best for the game. You have 420 points for summoning, so you can summon 2x3 Flamers or 2x3 Screamers + a Herald of Tzeentch, or do a mixture as you wish =).

You also could kick the grinder and play the Flamers and Screamers in the list instead of summoning one of them.

Only problem you have is, that you would lack a battleline unit, but maybe you only play with 2 so i didn't include it into the list.

2 hours ago, Darksider said:

Hope i can help you a bit. Made a list of the models you own.

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Heroes
Herald Of Tzeentch (120)
- Staff of Change
- Staff of Change
- Staff of Change

Battleline

Behemoths
Soul Grinder (280)
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

Total: 1080/1500

No spells actually, you pick what you like or what is best for the game. You have 420 points for summoning, so you can summon 2x3 Flamers or 2x3 Screamers + a Herald of Tzeentch, or do a mixture as you wish =).

You also could kick the grinder and play the Flamers and Screamers in the list instead of summoning one of them.

Only problem you have is, that you would lack a battleline unit, but maybe you only play with 2 so i didn't include it into the list.

I'd start playing with the Screamers and maybe save the flamers for summoning. Also maybe use Exalted Flamer instead of the Herald on the Chariot!

Thank you guys. This is really helpful. 

I will I'll have to proxy the last unit of horrors. Also only one of my chariots has a herald the other is an exalted.

which ever list my friend brings he is going to likely have a terrifying combat unit, either storm vermin or grave guard. 

Are these my priority to kill? 

I cant agree with that list above :)

In my opinion (and rlly its just my opinion i know u dont have to agree with it i respect that) heralds on chariot in aos suck :) exalted flamers are much better or if u want use one herald on chariot one on foot and one exalted on chariot. The rule of 1 dont allow u to use full potential of double same type mages plus speciall spell of herald on chariot suck :)

I would rlly put flamers on the battlefield without summoning. U dont have kairos or lord of change so its not 90% of succes for doing it plus flamers can fly and have nice range if enemy will go 1st turn u will be able to shoot em if u would go first propably also u will be able to shoot with ur movement :) and ur mages still can cast mistic shield or glimpse the future or anything to buff ur units. If u know that enemy will have monsters use scremers if he will not just forget about them :) in my opinion they are overpriced :( if u can proxy or buy gaunt summoner it is cheap model and he have best spell for hordes (for example if u put his spell on 20 clan rats u will have 20 dice 4plus mortal wound what with bravery test can destroy whole unit ) in matter of fact i would even prefer to get 2 heralds on foot for his extra dice for casting (once a game)and second spell than one on chariot :)

Those are just free thoughts :)

Pinks are ofc battlelines ofc with baner

For spells

Bolt of tz d6dmg rox
Glimpse the future dd rox
Fold reality .. risky but ur pinks would be hard to kill
Shield of fate

Plus basic spells

Wysłane z mojego SM-G928F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Archived