The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Wow, talk about super easy Inspire conditions!

Makes me jealous that Chosen Axes don't inspire when holding an objective after an Action instead of in the End Phase.

But I like the farstrider condition! Farstriders cannot camp on objectives in their own territory, defending with their ranged attacks.

They seem extremely strong though, among the fastest warband in the game and every fighter has a ranged attack. The stats of the other two fighters and their inspired stats will tell if they are indeed such monsters.

Margores fiends inspire trigger seems a little lackluster. Easy indeed and something the warband wants to do anyway.

Really like where these two Warbands are going and to be honest I also feel it will likely mean that for Khorne fans this Warband just allows for a wider ease of play. Same is true for the Stormcast also, really didn't expect Movement 4 there and as others have noted, the easy Activation.

With wave 1 being finished I also have to admit that I'd likely not stick around for wave 2. I do like where the game is going but unless there are specific Khorne Warbands to draw me in (which I doubt will happen for wave 2) I'm cool with the game being what it is.

A secret hope I do still have is a Neutral card pack, so that you can play whatever without getting every Warband. We shall see.

On 31-3-2018 at 11:35 PM, Sleboda said:

I get that. Just purely jealous.

If there ever were a "fix" for Chosen Axes, it would that they inspire at the end of the fighter's Activation, not the End Phase. Do that and they become tournament viable, imo.

For friendly games I even allow it to be played that way because it makes the whole Warband a whole lot more interesting. 

Edited by Killax

On 3/31/2018 at 10:23 AM, Sleboda said:

Wow, talk about super easy Inspire conditions!

Makes me jealous that Chosen Axes don't inspire when holding an objective after an Action instead of in the End Phase.

Not sure I find the Farstrider inspire condition all that easy; compared to the Chosen Axes, of course it is, but that's against a very low bar.

Thing is, they have to be aggressive to inspire and, just like the Axes, can't inspire until the end of the Action phase.. Sure, their positioning isn't as specific, but it requires that they play aggessively, putting them at risk against other aggressive warbands... 

10 hours ago, Killax said:

With wave 1 being finished I also have to admit that I'd likely not stick around for wave 2. I do like where the game is going but unless there are specific Khorne Warbands to draw me in (which I doubt will happen for wave 2) I'm cool with the game being what it is.

Wow, I know you’re just being honest but do you realise how that sounds? Khorne (a faction of a faction) & Stormcast got fully half of the releases in the first season & you’re out unless they get more? Most of us are sitting over here just hoping our faction eventually gets a warband at all.

Again im not being mean or agressive about it, it just sounds incredibly selfish to players who are loving the game but who’s preferred faction is probably unlikely to even get a single release any time soon.

Edited by VJ Morph
  • Like 1

Great, even more ways to deny Inspire for Chosen Axes.

Between that and the card that does 1 damage to all fighters, I am getting the feeling the game is in danger of jumping the shark.

Is the all-damage the first ploy we have that simply just will damage fighters no matter what protection they have or what range they are at?

Oh, crud, I just realized that makes Orruks even better - like they needed it.

SMH

Edited by Sleboda
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

I soooo want to turn Farstrider's gang into Pirates, with pistols and cutlasses, and a parrot on the leader...

I like the way you think. I'm turning mine into 80's Cyber-Soldiers with pink lazer guns and cybernetic parts. 

Mostly as a protest at how boring I think they look.

The people I've been speaking with about the new cards seem to think that the sky has fallen for objective based decks.  I think they'll definitely be weaker than they were, but it's all going to be about being able to counter the moves that your opponent does.  They'll be more of a reactive deck. 

Plus, if your opponent has loads of cards to stop you grabbing objectives, what cards will they have left to actually do what they want to do?

Just how many anti-objective-decks cards can you put in your deck if you never face a single objective deck? Just how many slots are you willing to waste because they're not helping you make points?

If everyone is so sure Objective decks are dead, Aggro (and Katophrane) decks will be on the rise, which means soon those anti-objective cards won't be anywhere near as prevalent as people fear...

Edited by Spinsane
  • Like 1