Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Traitor said:

@Jamister1He said everything else was unchanged, so I assumed witches were still 100/ 300. In the WoS the 300 points appear in the SoS, not the WE.

only thing is witch elves were 100/270, and from the image the discount price for witch elves is blacked out, but you can see the top of the numbers if you zoom in, and the second number seems curved at the top so would fit a 0 from 300, not a 7 from 270

I'm wondering what to go for in a Temple Nest at 1000 points.

The Medusa and min units of 2 Blood Sisters, 2 Blood Stalkers and battalion is 820 points. 180 points on what? I could go hero support with a Death Hag, Sorceress and random Gryph Hound, or take a unit of Doomfire Warlocks for 160 for another caster there. Or just a Sorceress and have 100 points to play with?

Sorceress means I hopefully bounce more mortal wounds back and going with the heroes option gives me another spell and access to prayers. Doomfires are however fast, somewhat shooty and also have nice mortal wound spells, but no prayers then.

Any other options anyone would recommend?

11 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Also will be using Slaughter Queen on Cauldron as my general with item that gives you 4++ save against mortals. 13 wounds, 4+ save, 5++ fanatical faith, bravery 10(as Avatar boost it), 4+++ against mortal from magic. With possibility of healing, re rolling 5++ etc 

I can definitely see this as the standard general choice.  You can choose your tanky route, or you can pump up her damage to obscene levels.  Her only real downside is poor mobility.

4 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

It's awesome. As you mentioned it's very flexible could be tanky or very offensive. I will be running second spellcaster with hero swap spell as cauldrons are very static. On the other hand the longer the game the better ;)

I'm considering doing the gar haneth temple for reroll hits, using the +1 turn trait and a bunch of hag Queens so that from turn two on all my relevant units are rerolling all failed hit and wound rolls.

22 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I am more thinking about playing against Changehost and KO. Also it's theory at this point but DoK should be very good against LoN especially with Morathi as she can harras then with Spells from afar and then change into combat truck. 

The most exciting thing about this battletome is that we can contemplate what appear to be viable defensive, offensive and alpha strike lists.  It offers tradeoffs and balance without feeling boring.

6 minutes ago, Silphid said:

Can someone tell me what the temple nest (80pts?) battalion benefits are?  Its bloodwrack medusa hero and 2x blood sisters + 2x blood stalkers?  Just dont know the benefits for it.

Hit rolls of 1 in the combat phase against units from the battalion reflect a mortal wound against the attacker.

@Richelieu I love how different build can be, they could be similar but some choices could be very personal and to fare well againt particular meta. I will be playing first game with DoK on Thursday and that's what I take 

HagNar (re-rolls of all hits from turn 3 and 5+ Fanatical Faith within 7'' of General)

Morathi + Mindrazor 

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron + General + 4++Save against spell mortals + prayer with re-rolls of Fanatical Faith 

Hag Queen 

Hag Queen 

Medusa + hero swap 

30 Witch Aelves with sacrificial knives

10 Sisters of Slaughter with bucklers

10 Witch Aelves with sacrifical knives

10 Blood Sisters

2x5 Heartrenders 

Second list I'd like to test have big unit of 30 SoS with bucklers, 20 Witches, 10 Witches and 3rd unit of Hearrendes but has only Morathi, Slaughter Queen and Hag Queen. 

I love it in theory as I have one big unit, one quite big elite melee unit, little shooting, some great tactical tools (Sisters of Slaughter, Heartrenders), a lot of spells, a lot of prayers. And if I need more bodies I will swap two heroes for another unit of Heartrenders (as they are awesome) and 10 extra bodies. 

If anyone is looking for some alternative Hag Queens, Slaughter Queens, unit champs and sorceress and assassin allies you might want to check out Raging Heroes. I bought a few of their models a while back and have just got round to assembling them and starting to paint. The casting is very clean - seems like a good quality resin. (though i''m no expert!) its quite porous though so be careful when cleaning the mold releasing agent off and be prepared to give it it a couple of thin coats of primer.

Cool mini's for DoK and darkling covens though.

Alt Hag Queen.jpg

3 hours ago, Jamister1 said:

only thing is witch elves were 100/270, and from the image the discount price for witch elves is blacked out, but you can see the top of the numbers if you zoom in, and the second number seems curved at the top so would fit a 0 from 300, not a 7 from 270

it's almost 100% 100/260 if it was 300, they wouldn't even have the second number.

3 hours ago, Geckilian said:

I'm wondering what to go for in a Temple Nest at 1000 points.

The Medusa and min units of 2 Blood Sisters, 2 Blood Stalkers and battalion is 820 points. 180 points on what? I could go hero support with a Death Hag, Sorceress and random Gryph Hound, or take a unit of Doomfire Warlocks for 160 for another caster there. Or just a Sorceress and have 100 points to play with?

Sorceress means I hopefully bounce more mortal wounds back and going with the heroes option gives me another spell and access to prayers. Doomfires are however fast, somewhat shooty and also have nice mortal wound spells, but no prayers then.

Any other options anyone would recommend?

I'd just take 3 hags. Prayers are crazy good.

1 hour ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

If anyone is looking for some alternative Hag Queens, Slaughter Queens, unit champs and sorceress and assassin allies you might want to check out Raging Heroes.

They really make great minis - I'm currently using a Aelf on Manticore as a Chaos Sorc on Manticore (I really don't like the GW Manticore one bit). They have wonderful Blood Vestals that would make great alternate Witch Aelf models, complete with command!

4 hours ago, Silphid said:

Have we confirmed the base size for the following new units?

blood sisters/stalkers - 40mm?

khinerai harpies - 32mm?

witches - 25mm

bloodwrack medusa - 40mm?

thanks for your input!

Not confirmed as such, but looks like it’s that. Also from the pic of the avatar vs the mortarch it seems the avatar comes in a cavalry base, which is quite curious...

So this might be fun depending on wording, if a bit hard to pull off.

Morathi's transformation goes off at the start of the hero phase, so does the teleport CT, meaning you get to choose the order it goes off in. If you teleport morathi into an area 9" away where shadow queen doesn't fit, you can move her closer to the enemy. It would require abusing either terrain or your own units, but it's a trick to consider.

12 minutes ago, Qaz said:

Lifetaker 80/280

Blood sisters 140/480

Thinking of collecting a snake themed army but might wait for idoneth deepkin. 

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Blood Sisters are only 480 for 20? That's insane! That's an 80pt discount on a unit I would happily pay full price for! Now I have to strongly contemplate buying 8 boxes of the dam things...

Waaah this line is still too cool. Also what's with me liking the most nude Age of Sigmar models anyway? I play Khorne now, am eyeballing Fyreslayers since the start and now have a crush on Daugthers of Khaine haha!

Really think this line will be my pick up army for 2018 even if it's just for a few units and models. I really dig the hydra designs also. I can't wait to test out some 'realistic' snake-like skin patrons on these models. So I guess I'll pick some parts up from this line.

Just a few questions, because I might have missed something!
- Are those DoK dice specifically required for anything?
- Do you guys have some awesome snake-like skin painting advice? 

So many snake like skin patrons to choose from... What am I getting myself into :P 

3 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Yep Blood Sisters in a unit of 20 is a nice option to have - they can easily have 4+ save +  5++ fanatical faith re-rollable save and are quite mobile ;)

Yeah, taken with temple nest and pumped up to a 3+ with shield+cauldron and the 5+ FF rerolling...I think this unit is maybe the most durable in the game.  You think it's hard to shift 30 wounds of Vulkites?  40 wounds with a 16.66% better armor save and 5.55% better invulnerable save is bonkers.

Archived