Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess thats the thing about the Grand Alliances. Either you have to worship Chaos, be a follower of Nagash/straight up undead, hate everyone and everything (Destruction), or get shuffled into the last slot. Though be interesting if more neutral/alliance ambiguous sub factions show up in the future.

7 minutes ago, BrAiKo said:

Grand Alliance: Order. 9_9

"unleash mayhem"

Mayhem, noun

1. violent or extreme disorder; chaos.

Chaos is actually the orderly faction. Every chaos warband worship either one patron god or the ruinous powers equally, there are set, predetermined methods of worship, and clearly themed force organization and Heraldry. Chaos are so neatly catagorized and cleanly subdivided they might as well be army, navy, marines, airforce.

Order are the actual chaotic ones with everyone going every which way and so many people with so many different plans all crisscrossing over each other, no clear thematic link between any two factions. It's crazyness.

14 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Chaos is actually the orderly faction. Every chaos warband worship either one patron god or the ruinous powers equally, there are set, predetermined methods of worship, and clearly themed force organization and Heraldry. Chaos are so neatly catagorized and cleanly subdivided they might as well be army, navy, marines, airforce.

Order are the actual chaotic ones with everyone going every which way and so many people with so many different plans all crisscrossing over each other, no clear thematic link between any two factions. It's crazyness.

Yesterdays stream featured a Q&A on the lore of AoS. Couple of things that got my attention is:

1.  They couldn't really define Order besides: 'what's left of the pantheon and there followers that have set out to drive Chaos back'. Which is a bit of a weak link between them but also allows a lot of creative mixed order and order vs order match ups. They talked about the cult of Khaine settled in bigger cities being secretive about their 'worshipping practices' and in pure DoK cities being open about it but very selective who comes in. So only ambassadors who can be bought, that sort of thing. 

2. That they don't seem to know where the rumour of Slaanesh being dead came from. From their perspective they dropped enough hints that he is imprisoned by Tyrion, Teclin Malerion and that Morathi has been stealing souls and decieving them. Now in the Nagash tome they tell how Nagash has discovered this fact and ain't to pleased about it. They then ended on flat out saying: ' Slaanesh is captured and that will be a major story arc moving forward in the narrative'. 

3. I got the distinct impression that they have some big things coming up storywise (duh, malign portents I know) but that he got more excited talking about the far future than the immediate future. But that might also be because they are working out of sync with what we know that the 'new' is just more exciting than the 'old' stuff. 

Also please send in this argument next time, would be fun to see them trying to define the order allegiance more. ;) 

I guess Aelves lore will be interesting we have already read a little bit about Mistweaver and her agenda was very Eldary so I guess she is from Malerion faction. Given ET story arc I suspect Malerion Aelves to be neither good or evil but he will be crazy about his children and will do whatever it takes to save them and then rule them. 

Mortahi is now main evil character and her dynamic with Malerion who isn't that guy anymore and Tyrion who was her lover and Khaine avatar being God of Light could be fantastic. 

5 hours ago, Kramer said:

1.  They couldn't really define Order besides: 'what's left of the pantheon and there followers that have set out to drive Chaos back'. Which is a bit of a weak link between them but also allows a lot of creative mixed order and order vs order match ups. They talked about the cult of Khaine settled in bigger cities being secretive about their 'worshipping practices' and in pure DoK cities being open about it but very selective who comes in. So only ambassadors who can be bought, that sort of thing. 

2. That they don't seem to know where the rumour of Slaanesh being dead came from. From their perspective they dropped enough hints that he is imprisoned by Tyrion, Teclin Malerion and that Morathi has been stealing souls and decieving them. Now in the Nagash tome they tell how Nagash has discovered this fact and ain't to pleased about it. They then ended on flat out saying: ' Slaanesh is captured and that will be a major story arc moving forward in the narrative'. 

Thanks for this. 

On the first point yes that is all Order is. Groups loosely aligned that don't like Chaos, aren't subservient to Nagash, and aren't part of Destruction. 

Interesting points re: the DoK in other cities. That's kind of similar to the way the Darklings are written about in the "Generate your own Free City" pdf.

On the second point, I have to agree with them. What I remember is a lot of speculation mingled with moaning and griping at the time of AOS's launch. A hell of a lot of assumptions and baseless rumour about GW axing Slaanesh got bandied about and repeated and repeated and repeated. That said GW did hint but from the number of ppl denying/wishing that the snake monster at the end of the DoK reveal video was not Morathi they (GW) need to understand that the power of the internet is the power of "fake news" unfortunately. So they should and could have been more explicit (pardon the pun) about Slaanesh :)

4 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Mortahi is now main evil character and her dynamic with Malerion who isn't that guy anymore and Tyrion who was her lover and Khaine avatar being God of Light could be fantastic. 

Arguably Morathi was always the more evil one of the pair. To borrow from DnD, she might now be "Neutral-Evil" in AOS but back in the day she was full on "Chaotic-Evil". Malekith was never "Chaotic-Evil" he may have been "Lawful-Evil" for most of WHFB history but End Times proved that he was actually right all along and the HE screwed him so in ET he became "Lawful-Neutral" (and Tyrion became either "Chaotic-Good" or "Lawful-Evil" and then "Lawful-Good" again).

As regards Tyrion's marriage to Morathi it'll be interesting to see what GW do here. I have a feeling (from the video yesterday) that they'll just forget about that but we'll see. But then again I might be reading into it too much :)

Why would they forget about it ? Tyrion was the last Avatar of the God she wants to be now (as we know Khaine is dead) after all he was second guy who took by Sword of Khaine, also there was a lot of references how Tyrion looked exactly like Aenarion (and it's quite possibble that she truly loved Aenarion). 

I'm not sure Maletkih was ever lawful, he was evil as much as Morathi was he allied with Chaos Gods on more then one time. ET didn't prove that HE screwed him over, ET proved that he was weak he became interesting character in ET as before he was just spoiled sore loser. 

Also Morathi just fits the Order as she is clearly against Chaos (she knows now that they don't accept her as equal and what happens when you ally with them) but has a grudge with Sigmar and other gods as well. 

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Why would they forget about it ? Tyrion was the last Avatar of the God she wants to be now (as we know Khaine is dead) after all he was second guy who took by Sword of Khaine, also there was a lot of references how Tyrion looked exactly like Aenarion (and it's quite possibble that she truly loved Aenarion). 

I'm not sure Maletkih was ever lawful, he was evil as much as Morathi was he allied with Chaos Gods on more then one time. ET didn't prove that HE screwed him over, ET proved that he was weak he became interesting character in ET as before he was just spoiled sore loser. 

Also Morathi just fits the Order as she is clearly against Chaos (she knows now that they don't accept her as equal and what happens when you ally with them) but has a grudge with Sigmar and other gods as well. 

It's not being avatars right ?.. Tyrion, Sigmar, Nagash.. they are gods in their own right.... whatever that may be. 

Didn't end times say he was correct in his reasoning that he should be the king of all elves and that he was tricked out of it.

17 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

Didn't end times say he was correct in his reasoning that he should be the king of all elves and that he was tricked out of it.

He wasn't tricked so much as he just didn't have the stomach for the horrific burning that needed to take place. He jumped out of the flames before the ritual was complete. It's why his wounds from that fire never healed, as they could only be healed through being reborn in the flames, hence the title Phoenix King. In the End Times he finally goes back into the Flames of Asuryan and finishes the ritual, thousands of years later. So while he was the rightful King, he lack of faith was his undoing.

Archived