Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

I think there are number of things that could be done like

- better ranges of Cauldrons aura abilites.  

- some kind of more dramtic rule overhaul.

I hope we will het spellcasters :D i don't like idea of only prayers but combination of both would be AMAZING ! 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

@Lightbox I'm hoping for more movement. Move 7" seemed amazing in the early days but now everything seems to have a means of moving without using their movement stat it doesn't hold up. Hopefully harpies can drop out of the sky on things and there will be prayers for run & charge and other movement buffs.

I think we can expect/hope for some shadowy terrain mechanic or a movement shenanigan. It's been a focus point of the new game design. Nurgle trees, kahadron balloon transporters, and now the announced death graveyards. Really cool in my mind but I have no clue how it would look for DoK. Maybe dissapearing and reapering from the shadows of terrain or sometihng? Black holes that Morarthi casts. 

could be so many cool things :D  

8 hours ago, DantePQ said:

My first 30 Wtiches will be old metal models still love those models , not I've got to figure out paint scheme I think i will go with Greek God of War kind of style - gold, pale skin but with pink instead of red. 

de-we-03.jpg

I'd love to get a squad of those witches to contrast with the new style ones but alas ebay does not seem to have many D: Ahh well.

I've got the next two days off so hopefully can make good progress on my skullgirls. Wanna pick up some warlocks too, though they look a bit difficult to paint as it looked like their legs came already stuck to the horsies. Also gotta try and make that bone snake statue for my blood cauldron to replace the khaine statue.

I'm really looking forward to the morathi mini, even if she looks a bit awkward in posture with the way she's holding her spear (may convert it slightly)

I'm also going against all the gw schemes and doing a darker skin for my elfs, though I'm a little unsure about my paint scheme. Probably because I'm still basecoating all the details, should be happier once I've managed to wash and highlight it as it'll look much better. Just wish the conversions with the skulls didn't take so long, kinda fearing having to build 30.

I think I'm going to have to go back to my existing units - which are very boxart. The scheme I have in mind for the new units is darker, redder and more organic. I should be able to tie them in without much effort hopefully.

I'm not a big fan of a completely cohesive paint scheme anyway - I think the bases should match and there should be repetition of a couple of main colours but if I had to paint more than 30 models identically I would go nuts.

@DantePQ I'm jealous of your 6th edition witches! I have a few metal ones that were advertised as these but when they arrived turned out to be the ones realeased 4th edition I think - which are not that great :(

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Thanks love those minis got 35 of them and will paint 30 of them, awesome models. Also got old Hag with chalice. 

Do you think that pale skin, dark gold and pink clothes along with some ruin microart bases would look good ? 

That colour scheme would be great. You probably want a dark coloured hair to contrast.

Just got the Blood Coven box and I'll build a unit of Sisters of Slaughter and use the Witch heads to practice painting faces.

Haven't decided for which paint scheme I should use. Dark gold is stable, but I'm not sure if I'll add a dark pink, a dark red, just black or some mix of those.

5 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Thanks love those minis got 35 of them and will paint 30 of them, awesome models. Also got old Hag with chalice. 

Do you think that pale skin, dark gold and pink clothes along with some ruin microart bases would look good ? 

Yes. Yes it would. The old Hag model is a classic well done on finding one nowadays

41 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Thanks 

I got those metal witches and hag few years ago were waiting in box and now their time has come. I think I will use those bases though they fit DoK perfectly.

possessed-bases-round-32mm-4.jpg

Those bases look really cool! How did you make them?

I'm wondering if we'll be looking similar prices for the new DoK as there are for the Slyvaneth ?

Harpies maybe similar to tree revenants @ 22.50 a pop, 

Gorgons similar to Kurnoth @ 35 a pop. 

Lets just hope that Morathi doesn't come in at £80, like alarielle. or worse, £100 for Archaon. 

I think Harpies could be more expensive I think they are coming in boxes of 5 but they are bigger then T-Revs. 

Gorgons if they come in boxes of 3 could easily by at the same price as Kurnoth Hunters

Morathi if she is dual-model could easily come in at 80 or even 100 (it depends how big "Snake" form is)

I think its all going to be at the expensive end of GW's pricing. I'm expecting the harpies to be £35 RRP, The medusae probably £45.

I will be happy if Morathi is only £80!!

Its probably going to cost somewhere close to £350 (from an online discount retailer) just to add all the new units I want - thankfully the financial pain of all those witch elves and cauldrons has already passed.

I think its going to end up one of the most expaensive armies to collect. Rough estimate to give you a good selection of options to make 2000 point lists.

3 x Blood Coven Boxes - £120

6 boxes of witch elves/sisters - £210

2 boxes of Doomfires - £40

4 boxes of Harpies - £140??

4 boxes of Medusae - £140??

Morathi - £85??

Thats £735 retail or maybe down to £588 if you can get it all with a 20% discount seller...

Maybe GW will start accepting sacrifices of blood and shadow...

1 hour ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

I think its all going to be at the expensive end of GW's pricing. I'm expecting the harpies to be £35 RRP, The medusae probably £45.

I will be happy if Morathi is only £80!!

Its probably going to cost somewhere close to £350 (from an online discount retailer) just to add all the new units I want - thankfully the financial pain of all those witch elves and cauldrons has already passed.

I think its going to end up one of the most expaensive armies to collect. Rough estimate to give you a good selection of options to make 2000 point lists.

3 x Blood Coven Boxes - £120

6 boxes of witch elves/sisters - £210

2 boxes of Doomfires - £40

4 boxes of Harpies - £140??

4 boxes of Medusae - £140??

Morathi - £85??

Thats £735 retail or maybe down to £588 if you can get it all with a 20% discount seller...

Maybe GW will start accepting sacrifices of blood and shadow...

Maybe but it's quite large army unless you're playing 4-5k battle. 

I think 2000k wil be around : 

Morathi, 2-3 heroes 

30 Witch Elves

30 Sisters of Slaughter 

Cauldron

DoomfireWarlocks 

3xGorgons 

1x Harpies 

I doubt you will be able to put more I doubt even this will fit into 2k army. (Morathi - about 400,  heroes (240)WE 270, SoS 300 (taking into account some huge drop, Warlocks 150, Cauldron 150, Gorgons about 200pts eachunits, Harpies 100 = 2250).  

Fair Point @DantePQ but I always like to have enough models to play multiple different builds for the armies i'm really into, and to be able to field different size units  of each troop type. There's going to be all these new battalions to try! Are you really only going to get 3 gorgons/medusae? those models are too nice to only have 3 :D

I rarely buy "lists" cos I would get bored running the same thing all the time - only when a particular build is the only thing that interests me about a faction.

This will easily be my most expensive AoS army by the time its finished though - and it won't be my biggest. 

Someone could definitely put the army on the table for a lot less cash - you only need a 1000 points to get a good game.

I agree but to have a competitive 2000 points army you need much less. 

As for now I already have 70 Witches,5 Warlocks and 2 Cauldrons/Shrines + 3 Hags. 

I assume Gorgons will come in 3 models in each box and I'm getting 3 boxes. 

I think I will get 3 boxes of gorgons, 2 boxes of harpies and Morathi + any new here if there is one. (and that's plenty to play with if I need more of Harpies or Gorgons I will gladly buy more). I think my army will look like - (Morathi, 2-3 leaders, 30 Witches, 10-20 SoS, 5 Doomfire Warlocks, 9 gorgons, 5 harpies, Cauldron/Shrine but I doubt everything will fit in).

As I also have Morathi on Pegasus model I will rebase it and use it as Gorgon hero(if there is one) or Sorceress (if we have one) 

21 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

As I also have Morathi on Pegasus model

I keep stalking ebay looking for one of those at a reasonable price. I never played dark elves in fantasy because lots of other people always had them so I missed out on all these cool models.

I did make one out of a metal Bret Pegasus and a sorceress from the SoBD kit but I still want the original.

DSC_0012.JPG

Based on the models that we have now DoK are one of the most expensive factions that GW sells, and I don't have my hopes too high on that changing... We're all going to buy the half naked hot chicks which are literally high on BLOOD anyways, so GW can set the price as high as they want...

11 minutes ago, The Traitor said:

Based on the models that we have now DoK are one of the most expensive factions that GW sells, and I don't have my hopes too high on that changing... We're all going to buy the half naked hot chicks which are literally high on BLOOD anyways, so GW can set the price as high as they want...

Yep they could the most expensive factions. I feel for everybody starting them from the scratch I already have 70 Witches (or Sos) , 2 Cauldrons, Doomfire Warlocks so I will need only new stuff. 

I guess Blood Coven is a steal know :D 

Archived