The Painting Contract - August 2017

Mohojoe

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooo I pledged to paint 20 of my friends storm vermin. I base painted 5 of them... got bored and did his stormfiends instead! 2.5 storm fiends painted up so far. Evidence below. 

Amended pledge. Paint 3 stormfiends and as many stormvermin as I can. 

IMG_0724.JPG

I need to get some photos up but gorthor is nearly done, just basing really before I stick the pigs, chariot and crew together. As for the Bestigors... well, I actually ended up painting at some ungor archers after I had taken off one ungor to drive the chariot >.<

So got my rat ogor done, and really enjoyed getting it done. Havent painted many fleshy things, and i've always liked skaven but theres no way i could be bothered we a whole army of them. Good chance to try out the colour scheme i'm planning for my blades of khorne 0fc98a6ccae01df6104243675978871b.jpg

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Ok, I know there's only 9 days left but every deadline helps! Picked up a Tzaangor Shaman last week to see how I like the feel of the Disciples of Tzeentch models - it's not much, but I'll be happier if it's done by end of August than if it isn't! B|

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

@Sheriff - I recommend some texture paints on the bases to get them into shape. It's a nice easy way to finish them off. (Unless you've got crazy awesome plans for basing!)

I hadn't thought about bases yet. Was planning on doing that after the full army is painted. Unless that's a daft idea? 

13 hours ago, Sheriff said:

I hadn't thought about bases yet. Was planning on doing that after the full army is painted. Unless that's a daft idea? 

No it isn't. But depending on what you are planning on bases it might be easier to do bases first and then stick the models on top. But if you are doing an easy texture paint and some tufts its totally fine. 

On 12/08/2017 at 0:42 PM, Charles said:

I am very new to the hobby so I will start small with my first contract. I will paint 10 blood letters, and paint two realm gates. 

Ps. I've already finished the contents of Burning of Prospero this month ? Can post pictures of them as well at the end of the month.

I have completed my Bloodletters ??? 

I have also completed some bonus stretch goals, the Numinous Occulum & Ophidian Archway ?

The Baleful Realmgates are nearly finished, just need to complete the mist, although it will be really tight before September as I am Best Man at a wedding this weekend . . . Brown trouser time!

IMG_3842.JPG

IMG_3850.JPG

IMG_3857.JPG

40 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Those bloodletter swords are wicked-looking!

Thanks Tommy, I'm quite proud of them while also being scared because they took quite a while to do all 10. Doing the additional 20 I planned on buying is quite daunting, but you've given me some motivation. 

Would you like the step by step for painting them?

ps. Khorne is looking forward to his minions murdering many a Stormcast with them! Although One of Sigmar's scouts has spotted them in the first pic ?

Thanks Tommy, I'm quite proud of them while also being scared because they took quite a while to do all 10. Doing the additional 20 I planned on buying is quite daunting, but you've given me some motivation. 
Would you like the step by step for painting them?

The swords are darn sweet looking.

If Tommy isn't interested in your step by step ... I know at least one other person who is ;)

Archived