Grots of Da Raggedy Moon

Ademo

Hi all! A while back, I started a plog chronicling my return to AOS with an ogor project. Eventually, as seems to happen in this hobby, it morphed in to something different entirely... you know how it goes...'I could have a unit of moonclan grots to go with my ogors...and maybe a shaman...but now I need squigs...and and moonclan themed warmachines!' Etc.

Anyway, I thought I'd make a clean break from my original thread and focus purely on my moonclan endeavers here. Though I expect the forces of destruction to take to battle together occassionally, I am only going to be addinv to the moonclan side of things (and the giant - love that model too much).

So here is my painted army so far: 9d0ae84404caf8f0be12dd50426cef7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I am currently working my way through 20 archers and a second shaman. I have the skin and eyes done, now just to start on everything else [emoji16] i also had a bit of fun starting a little fanatic conversion. This loony had his hood over his eyes, so one of the other gits thought it would be funny to couple a squig to his chain [emoji16]

Once those bits are done, I'm going tk be converting up some spear chukkas (spore chukkas) and painting up more squigs (of the cave and hopper variety)1214f2421131a53297ccb529e81405b6.jpg10f3b2ec90dd63b31b7df6c7e5cb1e6c.jpgd43a0a01626b44e492364b7e2ebe75c2.jpg

Looks wonderfull.

However, I looked at that gargant and thought "That guy needs a Gobbo Cowl (and also maybe a squig as a weapontip)"

Apart from that, they are as good as grots get. Let us all hope GW stuffs an eventual grot release as full with squigly goodness as they stuff Space Wolf releases full with Wolfyness.

Thanks all! @Rogue Explorator let's hope they do!!! Mostly battallions I'm intetested in. Unfortunately the gargant came before I went all crazy on mushrooms so missed out on the moonclan treatment. I won't rule out getting another in the future though - such a cool kit, would love to give one a hood and squigs hanging off of him [emoji3]

@TheOtherJosh yep, my 'squig flingas' are used as doom divers, only used them in one game so far but they managed to kill Teclis - what an undignified way for a high mage to go [emoji23]

And here you go:
eb0a07f460369ba7d4c2722fdc02f445.jpg

@TheOtherJosh yep, my 'squig flingas' are used as doom divers, only used them in one game so far but they managed to kill Teclis - what an undignified way for a high mage to go [emoji23]

And here you go:

Yep. Those are "officially awesome*" ™

The half barrels with wings is just crazy and a great night goblin spin on them.

Are the flying versions from back when you used to have them actually move/fly across the board?

Thanks! I only recently made squig flingas so the flying squig was more of a 'that might be fun' sort of idea. I was also keen to have the 2 catapults looking a bit different and figured the easiest way was having them at different stages of firing, so 1 is primed and one has just released! I guess it is also an homage to the original model having a flying crew memeber - but mostly it's rule of cool.

Edit: also the purple squig is actually staging a mini revolt rather than having already been shot out.96d90d9f0af71dfe037d4ee857c9f81c.jpg

Breaking up painting by doing some work on the 'spore chukkas'. The grots of Da Raggedy Moon stick hallucinogenic shrooms on the end of their spears so that even if the bolt doesn't kill the target, the spores make their way in to the bloodstream of the target. The idea of a carnosaur or star drake trippin' amuses me [emoji16]

I have 5 crewmen completed so need 1 more...any whacky ideas? I wanted the grot in the squig crows nest to be a sort of wannabe engineer, bossing the others about [emoji16]ba54510cb5c75a79342853bacb24486d.jpgd303aa225d54f77cc40577f27bc6489f.jpg

On 31/7/2017 at 8:45 AM, Ademo said:

@TheOtherJosh yep, my 'squig flingas' are used as doom divers, only used them in one game so far but they managed to kill Teclis - what an undignified way for a high mage to go emoji23.png

And here you go:

More awesomeness that my eyes can handle, kudos !

• 2 weeks later...

Made some decent progress tonight! Setting up a game with@Lysandestolpe at warhammer world next month had me very excited and motivated to get these guys finished. Was in a bit of a pre generals handbook slump, but feeling like whatever happens points wise, standard grots will still be important so will push on. Also, now the chukkas are taking shape, I'm really keen to get them done and put them next to the squig flingas for a grotty warmachine battery [emoji3]82131ec240349e8a349beef00aead874.jpg81af8de8eb2bf07aa2fcb040524d9f46.jpgaaa01bc00e80434c97aa73bc854ecf5e.jpg5d86c091dd732a9b6d840bee7e7fd297.jpg

Archived