soulblight vampires

BigRobD93

Hi guys long time lurker in the shadows first time poster so ive decided todo a death army with the new allegiance abilaties comming in. Ive gone for soulblight as personally i find it the most intresting the list ive come up with is :-

Vampire lord on zombie dragon - 440

-sheild

-deathlance

-chalice of blood

Vampire lord on abyssal terror - 220

-sheild

-deathlance

-chalice of blood

Vampire lord - 140

-winged nightmare

-chalice of blood

5x Bloodknight -260

-full command

5x Bloodknight -260

-full command

5x Bloodknight -260

-full command

6x Varghiests - 320

-vargoyle

3x Fell bats - 80

Total - 1980

Ive attached photos of my progress so far constuctive criticism is welcome.e1bb1906ff9ed863a3ed65046e800324.jpg3157fc8a61e3cdbe219b0176002097ed.jpg1df0617e58a5a2854bef0ce678dd484c.jpg63cd7e3aaf49859cf9081ff28e5bdbf3.jpga9f4f0689de8b2186bab8763202657b7.jpg061c98cf22d461042fa2885be60d70d6.jpg26302029d12e5abccae67cb50b029f31.jpg13c8b619e7595ce23fbec31d47846ff7.jpg3bc987593cff9d0f01db79c0491c73a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks, im focusing on the blood knights and the big beastys at the moment at the moment i am expecting the vamp lord on terror to disapear in gbh2 so under current points would add anothe vamp lord on foot and another 3 fell bats but yea just plugging away on those blood knights atm

What heads are you using for the blood knights?  I quite like those.

My current Soulblight Army is:

Bloodknights x 3

Vamp on Zombie Dragon

Vamp on Abyssal Terror

Vamp on horse

Mourngul (summoned) 

1980/2000

I expect this will change dramatically with the new GHB2, but it looks like I'll probably add Neferata under the allies system, or maybe arkhan to summon the morngul.

@BigRobD93
We have no idea what the new points will do. We do know that Deathlords are getting decreases across the board. I think super good stuff will get minor point increases. The dragon, and even blood knights might go up. It's not really fairly balanced/costed tbh, the dragon + multi-bloodkinght list + double move spell and cloak of mists and shadows hits like a tank on the first turn. Blood Knights have done much more than their points for me in every game I've played them. 

We know for a fact that the VL on Terror is going up to 300 right off the bat, so be ready for that. Yo ucan't really rely on this list because it will be changing before you finish painting it.

Cool conversions though. Love the Gryph Bloodknights. Your pics are mostly blurry though, time to upgrade the phone or camera. 

Yea i realize that the vamp on terror will go up in points, i just wanted a list to work towards instead of just blindly painting whatever models untill ghb2 and i know how well they perform but i feel that they can be picked apart with moderate effort by the likes of skyfires and kernoth hunters that being said i agree they are powerfull thanks id like to take credit for the idea but i saw it on a commission painters page

4 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

@BigRobD93
We know for a fact that the VL on Terror is going up to 300 right off the bat, so be ready for that. Yo ucan't really rely on this list because it will be changing before you finish painting it.

As far as I know, we do not know that. All we know is that a 300pt experimental pts cost was published months ago. (Feb 7, before the meta had a chance to shift under the weight of all the battletomes since then, many of which have proven to be more powerful than anything death brings) Whether or not that pts cost is making it into the final version of GH2.0 is anyone's guess. In the GH2.0 tab of warscroll builder, it is still listed as 220pts so it's really hard to guess at this time. I suspect it will go up in pts, how much, only GW knows. It's not like VLoAT is rocking its way through competitive play in a dominating fashion. 

7 minutes ago, WoollyMammoth said:

@themortalgod
They were experimental for this GH, but I hope you are right. They want to price out the model since they don't sell it, which is fine if they moved his spell (or similar) into a Spell Lore - the most important thing Death needs is a legit spell lore, but I don't have high hopes for that in the new GH.

Yup, but the purpose of experimental is to test, not to define the finished product. Those pts costs were created with the meta 7-8 months ago in mind. So I'd say we have an idea of what the cost "may" be, but def don't know for sure. 

Archived