Hey guys I have a question about painting and army building.

Currently i can't choose between Start collecting flesheater-courts or start collecting beastclaw raiders.

I love both army's looks and playing style, all though i am not sure which one is harder to paint.

I know the points for both armies.

If it's not too much, it would be reeally nice if you could show me the size of the miniatures (picture) in comparison to a hand.

Also which army is the more expansive to collect, because BCR have a very small model count, while FEC units can be converted to a bunch of things (start collecting box alone has a huge amount of choices.)

Thank you for reading!

My 2¢ is that BCR simply isn't fun to play against which means your opponents will have less fun. For me, that is what would make the decision if I was completely split on the two as making sure both players have fun improves the overall experience. I think BCR are def cheaper though, you can get away with like 7 models or something like that at 2k pts. 

Flesh eater courts is probably easier to paint. Most of the army is just diseased flesh which can be done just layering some shades.

General's Handbook 2.0 is hitting in a few weeks and its going to change things considerably in terms of pts and power levels. Though I'd still recommend choosing your first army on what you are most interested in playing, regardless of its performance in the current meta.

Hey 

out of the two if your looking for the hobby aspect, FEC is the best choice, as you said alot more fun converting and the models can be modeled so differently at times. While BCR to build an army for it you need to just buy big beasties and to make it competitive....you can't as its a low model count force. FEC is an army where if you want to quickly build an army you can Buy 2-3 Start collecting boxes and a couple of the Skirmish boxes they were selling and you got your self a pretty cool army to play. I will post images of my force in a different thread as i'm slowly building my force. I have come from a sylvaneth collection and coming to FEC, the models are brilliant and got alot of character. 

I too come from a Sylvaneth/wanderers background. I bought my FEC's a while back and LOVING playing as them. The fluff is better, the models are original and cool and the play style is just pure aggressive, which is how I like to play.

i haven't touched my woodies or trees since and planning on selling them for more death models. FEC is my first death army and it's very refreshing. GO FEC DUDE!!

Archived