Path to Glory confusion? Misprint? Ironjawz Ardboys

Draxonfly

Question

Hi.
I'm having a bit of trouble with the new Path to Glory book, I have searched and searched to no avail and I am now suspecting an error/misprint in the book.
---
On page 17 -
Point 4.Your followers need to be organised into units. The follower table tells you how many models the unit has.

On page 18 - 
Units can either be fielded at their full roster strength, or broken down into smaller units, as long as no unit is smaller than the minimum size shown on its warscroll

Now on page 70
Ironjawz Warband Tables, under the 'retinue followers table' it says:
(4-6) 5 Orruk Ardboys
---
Now reading that, the Table tells me the Orruk Ardboys unit has 5 models in it, but on the Orruk Ardboys Warscroll it tells me the minimum size is 10 models.
In the generals Hand book (1) Path to Glory Table it tells me that the Ardboys have 10 models in it, so this is why I suspect the 5 models must be a error in the new book. 

Am i missing something, is this an error, am I going crazy... can anyone clear this up for me?

--
Also while I'm on the subject of the new Path to Glory book, for the Nurgle army where do I find the table/word that represents  'Bloab Rotspawned riding the pox maggoth' so I can add him to a nurgle warband? 

Thanks all for your time.
:)

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Draxonfly said:

Hi.
I'm having a bit of trouble with the new Path to Glory book, I have searched and searched to no avail and I am now suspecting an error/misprint in the book.
---
On page 17 -
Point 4.Your followers need to be organised into units. The follower table tells you how many models the unit has.

On page 18 - 
Units can either be fielded at their full roster strength, or broken down into smaller units, as long as no unit is smaller than the minimum size shown on its warscroll

Now on page 70
Ironjawz Warband Tables, under the 'retinue followers table' it says:
(4-6) 5 Orruk Ardboys
---
Now reading that, the Table tells me the Orruk Ardboys unit has 5 models in it, but on the Orruk Ardboys Warscroll it tells me the minimum size is 10 models.
In the generals Hand book (1) Path to Glory Table it tells me that the Ardboys have 10 models in it, so this is why I suspect the 5 models must be a error in the new book. 

Am i missing something, is this an error, am I going crazy... can anyone clear this up for me?

--
Also while I'm on the subject of the new Path to Glory book, for the Nurgle army where do I find the table/word that represents  'Bloab Rotspawned riding the pox maggoth' so I can add him to a nurgle warband? 

Thanks all for your time.
:)

In regards to your first point. Technically it's illegal at the moment to have a Unit of 5 Ardboyz. It's possible they are going to change the minimum unit size for Ardboyz in the future, or they just didn't proof check their work and made an error. 

In regards to the second. There is no such option, since Path to Glory does not allow special characters. It is supposed to represent your own Champions rise to glory, and not re-telling the story of an existing champion.

ah, ok.. So go with it is a misprint/error at this moment in time and take the full 10 Ardboys.. thanks

I didn't even think about that with Bloab.. I just had an older pestilent swarm kit siting here and my was just trying to fit him in, my brain fizzled over that important detail, thanks

Thanks for your help mate at setting my mind at ease, it is very much appreciated.. 

Archived