What allies for Ironjawz (GH2)?

Anaticula

So, the way the earlier preview laid it out, was that you would get a points discount for fielding some units at their maximum strength. Using Moonclan Grots as an example, 3 units of 20 (minimum strength) would cost you 360 points. A single large unit of 60 (maximum strength) would cost you, say, 320 points, for a 40 point discount. Again, these are totally made up discount examples, using current points and unit min/max from GHB16. Additionally, the discount may only be available for an allegiance, and not as an Ally, or in a Grand Alliance allegiance.

I could not be more excited about this. The lack of model variety held me back from collecting iron jaws until now. The problem is I now can't decide what to take!!

One option is a Tyrant and a squad of maneaters. They are all tasty in combat and have shooting attacks. 

Option 2 is fanatics and bolt throwers as they are just super fun. 

Options 3 is troggoths.

What are you guys thinking? 

55 minutes ago, Koalaninja said:

I could not be more excited about this. The lack of model variety held me back from collecting iron jaws until now. The problem is I now can't decide what to take!!

One option is a Tyrant and a squad of maneaters. They are all tasty in combat and have shooting attacks. 

Option 2 is fanatics and bolt throwers as they are just super fun. 

Options 3 is troggoths.

What are you guys thinking? 

Option 4 is gigant) 

I'm torn between adding some Gitmob Grot artillery, some Squigs (since my Warboss has a pet Cave Squig), or a Gargant (though I really want to build a heavily armoured conversion, like the old Armoured Giant from GW)

Morning all!

Allies are exciting news for us right! I'm sure many Ironjawz players like me have a bunch of cool ideas and conversions etc that they will now be able to use in Matched Play. For me this predominately includes; Idol of Gork, Warboss on Wyvern and Big Stabbas. I may also get to use my crossbow armed Brutes as a suitable counts-as unit.

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, Nico said:
  • An Arachnorok (if available).
  • A Warboss on Wyvern, since his command ability buffs all Orruks (although you might thereby lose out on a trait).
  • A Warboss with a banner, since his buff affects all Orruks.
  • Rock Lobbas or Bolt Throwers
  • A Troll Hag

Nice choices there!

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, Payce said:

I want a Teef Rukk.

Me too! I converted up one Ironjawz style Big Stabba and then stopped as I never saw myself using it. Definitely will continue with this idea at some point if possible.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:02 AM, Blueisola said:

I am nearing painting completion of a brute boss on Wyvern, so am pretty stoked I can legally use him.  and of course a gargant for some good, swinging fun!  as much as I know it would be legal, hope we don't see a ton of Stonehorns showing up in most lists.

I've had the Mierce Wyvern for ages now and a spare Brute to convert as a rider. Can't wait to finally have a reason to crack on with the model as it'll be a fantastic new centrepiece for my army.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:31 AM, Koalaninja said:

I hope not! Mega batallions are a total waste of time and gw should stop supporting them. The people playing games at this size is next to nothing. Fingers crossed for accessible cool batallions. 

I think you misunderstand. He meant one-drop battalions that fit into 2,000 points and comprise of multiple smaller battalions and other units. Getting these would be a fantastic boost for us.

Since I managed to grab the ThunderFist box with the Gargant in there, I certainly plan to use the big guy, and who knows, maybe the battalion will be legal too, just for funzies.

I also love the Fellwater Troggoths, so I plan on buying them and will finally be able to use them as well.  I don't think that the  IJ would too too against using allies like these, as long as they are tough and can take a hit or three!

I hadn't considered the Warboss on Wyvern. I might have to convert my Azhag up into a 'Ard Boy-like Warboss who keep control of his warband through his big pet - or maybe he'd be a second in command, who knows.

I have a bunch of the old Spider-Rider models from the older WHFB sets, so getting an Arachnarok and using them sounds fun, along with the Rock Lobba and Spear Throwers that I have.  Oh the possibilities!

• 2 months later...

I have a question regarding Grimgor Ironhide, since he is not available any more and the substitute warscroll is the Orruk Warboss warscroll, makes this the Orruk Warbos really an ally? Grimgor is an Ironjaw unit... I am a little bit confused here. I am guessing that he is an ally, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks

Archived