Human factions moving forward

CDM

Hi I'm sure this has been discussed loads of times but I couldn't find anything specific in the search.

Do we now think that they will keep the empire units as the main human faction now? I always thought they would replace them bit time is moving on. Is there a chance they won't do a new human faction and just stick with what  they've got and release more unique factions? Especially  with how popular the empire still are.

New humans might be a good faction if they push a big city based narrative, so a new army and big summer campaign. I could see that happen with lots of very characterful new units.  Its all about Shadespire at the moment though.  Is empire not just popular at the moment because the Hurricanium is underpointed, i think gunline empire might lose a bit of following when they lose some buffs. Hopefully some of the alliegances will keep them worthwhile.

Right now i think GW doesn't know how to reinvent the humans in AoS, much like GA Death. 

Narratively, they are very much still in the game. The City of Secrets book is an example of that. The book still reads very much like an Old World novel set in The Empire. 

The latest human figures have scaled back from the landsknecht look, and the Roman Empire inspired lore. I get the feeling aelves will get the next set of releases. It all comes down to GW protecting the IP

dont get me wrong, empire is my main army since 7th and i hope to god that I dont have to throw an army in the bin and love playing them

i guess i was more meaning what you said RE: if they get some love it wont be for a long time lol

On 7/28/2017 at 5:41 PM, Josh said:

i kinda feel like they will gwt phased out with time, iirc last update re: models was like 2005?

2011 I believe. That's when the 8th ed book dropped. They got the new warshrine and mage carts, Demigryph Knights, and Karl Franz/Empire General on mega Griffon.

Humans re-invented for high fantasy is hard, the problem empire (and I guess even Bretonnia in fairness) had is that they were very generic and the case of the empire very jack of all trades. The one or two units that do stand out and may influence any reinvention/remodelling/rerelease of freeguild are either the Demi-Gryphs, Steam Tanks (machinery), the Hurricanum/focus on super powerful magic or the Paladin fanatic style route.

Its hard really, but like people have mentioned, for IP reasons it won't be something we see for ages I should imagine.

13 hours ago, Nubgan said:

Humans re-invented for high fantasy is hard, the problem empire (and I guess even Bretonnia in fairness) had is that they were very generic and the case of the empire very jack of all trades. The one or two units that do stand out and may influence any reinvention/remodelling/rerelease of freeguild are either the Demi-Gryphs, Steam Tanks (machinery), the Hurricanum/focus on super powerful magic or the Paladin fanatic style route.

Its hard really, but like people have mentioned, for IP reasons it won't be something we see for ages I should imagine.

I see the Devotee of Sigmar force as the first human force to get the AoS rebrand. I think there is enough open space to bring in unique models and leverage some of the 40k devotion to the Emperor.  I would have thought combining them with the latest Stormcast release would have worked nicely... but it was a missed opportunity.

I also think that the Devoted have the Potential to form a faction of their own like the Inquisition in 40k. However, I would love to See the Devoted faction as a Kind of crusader army, which would be a great way of re-implementing Bretonnians or Knightly orders.

Furthermore, there are some other branches of the former Empire: the "Professional" soldiers of the State Troops supported by technology and the magical branch.

If GW is smart, they will have all of them as a Free People army, but you could as well Just Play one branch of them, like Demons and Mortal in the DoT and BoK battletome. I would love to See such a Kind of Free People army.

Archived