Moonclan lore?

Sheriff

So I'm just getting into the game, reading the End Times books, and painting my Moonclan & Spiderfang army. 

What I'm struggling with is understanding the world my army lives in. Can anybody summarize what's going on with this faction, where they live, how they survive, how they ended up in this world at all? I have searched around but found little other than they survived the End Times somehow and now live in caves in a magical realm floating through space. And thats fine, I just want to understand their lives a bit better - did they pick this particular realm for a reason? What sort of environment is it? Perhaps there might be new types of monsters and squigs to tame there? 

I'm hoping that by understanding them better, I can understand my own army better, and even come up with some inspiration for painting them and playing them. 

Hi Sheriff and welcome to the community.

Its very admirable to get a good understanding of the lore and ecology of your chosen faction. One YouTube series does a good job of giving you a feeling for these things by using a short story and then some explanation. 

Be aware though that you are totally within your rights to change their back story to whatever you like- as long as you can explain why then you can do anything!

I hope this helps,

William

Thanks for this, great to see some of the pictures in that video. Shame it could just as easily be about the Night Goblins from the previous world though. I'll keep looking into things, perhaps read some books, and come up with my own concept for my little sneaky gits! 

36 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Thanks for this, great to see some of the pictures in that video. Shame it could just as easily be about the Night Goblins from the previous world though. I'll keep looking into things, perhaps read some books, and come up with my own concept for my little sneaky gits! 

No problems- also worth looking into are some Orc/Greenskin lore videos, they usually mention Grots/Goblins as they are a part of the green skin life cycle.

Arch Warhammer on YouTube does lore videos that are very in dept too, whether they be for Warhammer Total War, 40k, Fantasy or AOS they all share a similar ecology so listening to those might be worth your time too, I usually listen to stuff like this whilst I'm painting so I've actually listened to most of his Orc/Ork videos and Grots are mentioned in all of them as far as I recall.

This will explain more on the green skin society etc. I think until a Moonclan book comes out, we've only got what we can find from previous editions to work with, at least here you get an understanding of the life of a Grot as a basis for your own lore.

William

On 7/24/2017 at 8:55 AM, Sheriff said:

I'm expecting Moonclan to evolve relatively little from the world-that-was as they are already unique to GW.  Grand Alliance Destruction unfortunately does not provide any clues how their story might change.  Still about fungus, poison, squigs and the Bad Moon that GorkaMorka broke his teeth trying to eat (making the mountains that Moonclan dwell within).

I've been reading the Destruction book and it seems Spiderfang live in a place called Ghur, and live in forests (shocker) all over the place in that realm. A guy called SPittlegit is in charge, who seems pretty mental as he is basically high on spider venom all the time and it makes him super strong. 

The Moonclan apparently like dancing around partying after burning down Chaos and Order towns, until the sun comes up, then sneak off back into the mountains. 

Archived