Events UK: Brothers of Sigmar

jonwarmington

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Ok, thanks for clarifying Jon! Looking forward to the event - just need to get painting!!

You and me both...I have a Warchanter (half done), 10 Ardboyz (half basecoated) and 10 Brutes (undercoated) to paint and plenty else on getting in my way! :S

Considering how long the other models for this army have taken I am feeling increasingly negative about my chances of success. However I really really need to hit this deadline as it also gives me a chance to then paint a further 1k in the following 3 weeks for Facehammer GT.

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The list I was thinking of bringing is built and under coated but that's it! Nothing like a deadline to get those painting juices flowing tho :)

Yeh tbh I've really been struggling to get much progress on one single army, so whilst I bemoan it, having some tournament painting deadlines is probably going to be a positive motivation to actually get s**t done!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jonwarmington said:

At least you guys have something to aim for! I can't sit down for more than an hour at the moment before thinking the grass looks fun to go and watch grown or other similar procrastinating tasks to do.

You'd think right? I was sat at my painting desk for 4 hours last night. Sounds good.

1hr = new Robot Wars!

2 1/2hrs = watching music videos on Youtube.

1/2 hr = actual painting

FML

Well Brothers of Sigmar is now over and I hope everyone that came had a great time. Final results are here:

Best painted is

1st - Chris Tomlin with 14 votes,

Matt L came 2nd with 7, Les Martin 3rd with 6 votes.

Best Sporting team was between:

Da Licka 'n Da Git - James Perrin & Will Morriss
Eatbats Timber Trading Co - Jimbo Warth & Paul Berridge

Winning it with an 8 on the dice - The Ninja Badgers - Paul Buckler & Richard Morley.

Team Gangrene took my joke well with the vampire spam award and the extra one will be with you for Clash – thought you guys would find it amusing.

The Olympic Wooden spoons taken out by - Alcohol is not a thing

- Steven Phillips & James Eveleigh

3rd place team - Peter & Mort - Dom Hook Matt Lyons&

2nd Place Team - Da Licka 'n Da Git - James Perrin & Will Morriss

1st place taken out by FaceHammer - Russ Veal & Terry Pike

Any feedback would be great, as I would like to run an event next year so any feedback to help would be great.

Things I would like to improve are space around the tables on day 1, being doubles needed more room than singles.

A few of the missions needed small tweeks (for example game 2, and game 5 being final game) 

Double general, items extra etc made some very strong combos.

With only 16 team the final draw was a little odd.

What would people want in future events? For example simpler missions?

Final thing I forgot to thank 3 people that helped me loads over the weekend and up to the event and they are Richard CZ, Kris and Adam Robertson. Thanks Guys!

Final scores.jpg

Edited by jonwarmington
  • Like 2

Hey,

Thanks for a great weekend @jonwarmington - really enjoyed the event, was loads of fun. Awesome to spend so much time with @Paddy O'Sullivan, he was the perfect partner and those Grots are pretty impressive (not as impressive as the shapes he made with the units mind).

I'll thank the teams we played in my thread over on the Destruction sub forum as I'll put some short battle reports in there over the next few days, but suffice to say all 5 teams were top guys (and girl) and the games a lot of fun.

Well done to all the winners and thanks so much to everyone who voted for my army, genuinely means a lot. It's been a long time since I've painted a Warhammer army "properly" and I'm so happy that all the hours (ALL the hours!) I've put in over the last few weeks have paid off. It nearly killed me and I'm still feeling it now...can barely keep my eyes open at my work desk! The thought of having to do a further 1,000pts in the next 3 weeks for Warlords is soul destroying!!

I said before the event I thought it was strange we hadn't seen more AoS doubles events and after playing in one I'm even more convinced they should be more of a thing, works well and is lots of fun. Well done for thinking outside the box Jon!

My single bit of feedback would be to maybe get some food in (even just on one of the days)...constant McD's/Subway is graphic!! :P 

But that's a minor quibble. Overall a great weekend, thanks again x

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 1

Feedback from Me

Player pack was one of the best I've seen, good quality tokens for a bunch of AOS abilities (mystic shield, inspiring prescence etc).  Booklet format of missions made it easier to read than A4.

Great bunch of people, I had 5 top games, no issues at all.  Scenarios worked well.

We did struggle with 5 turns in a couple of games.  I am a pretty quick player and normally never struggle, but doubles and AOS seemed to slow things down a tad.  I am not sure why, tbh

Food Choices were OK, Mcdonalds and Subway were the only 2 choices, if you walked from the venue.  1 Day with food at an added cost would have been my preference I think.

Everything ran smoothly though, next round draw was up quickly,  more space between tables on Sunday was good as well.

Big thanks to all who voted us best sports, and to the dice gods who blessed the roll off at the end.

For Steve, James and Rich (who don't really do the internet) this was their first event at AOS, but you certainly drew them in, and all were planning their next one after this.

Big thanks to you Jon for a top event, looking forwards to the next one.

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:26 AM, Paul Buckler said:

Player pack was one of the best I've seen, good quality tokens for a bunch of AOS abilities (mystic shield, inspiring prescence etc).  Booklet format of missions made it easier to read than A4.

Yes, sorry I should've mentioned this as well. Great point. The tokens are awesome (did you make them?!) and the pack was great.

In fact I agree with all of @Paul Buckler's feedback. I'd "Like" his post but I'm out of "Likes" for the day :( 

Edited by Chris Tomlin

I've put it else were but just going to say it here as well. Thanks again guys I agree with everything you have put forward. Agree on times being too short, think the reason for this is the time it takes to talk with your partner about what you are going to do. This then has knock on effects in the game.

Food next time will be sorted I was worried about food as it's just too easy to get wrong (beige buffet, potatoes etc) but I'm the first person to go to an event because of good food, so next time it will be catered.

Re te tokens yep got them made at work. Only issue is next time will have to think of something else that is usful and good looking! The wife did refer to the player packs as adult party bags though.