Events UK: Brothers of Sigmar

jonwarmington

Event Title: Brothers of Sigmar
Event Author: jonwarmington
Calendar: Events UK
Event Date: 08/20/2016 9:00 AM to 08/21/2016 5:30 PM

** No more entries for this event unless I have a drop out - a massive thanks to everyone that has signed up, now better pull my finger out.

Brothers of Sigmar 2016: 20/21st of August

I'm proud to be announcing an AoS event taking place in Bristol on the 20th and 21st of August.

You and your team mate will play 5 games, against 5 other teams over the course of the weekend each with its own set of narrative missions with objectives. During each game things will take place that will embrace the chaotic nature of the new world.

The Venue is:
Bristol Independent Gaming (BIG)
16 Clothier Rd,
Brislington trading estate,
Bristol,
BS4 5PS

You can sign up for this event as either a team or an Army for Hire (see Tournament pack for more details on this). Attendance will be capped at 30 teams and cost of a ticket is £22 per person or £44 for a doubles team

Lunch will not be supplied in the cost of the ticket but there are a number of places to eat close by.

We will be using the Generals Handbook for creating your lists and the rules for competitive play with the BoS House rules and FAQ. 

Scenarios for this Brothers of Sigmar event are found below in the BoS mission pack.

BoS Pack    V2.0 Generals Handbook

Mission Pack  V2.0 Generals Handbook

BOS House Rules  V2.0 Generals Handbook

List in::D

Teams paid up
Adam Bassett and Richard CZ :D 
Chris Tomlin and Patrick O'Sullivan:D
Paul Buckler and Richard Morley :D
Daniel Ford and Rob Perrin :D
Kris Robertson and Adam Robertson:D
Dan Mitchell and Byron Orde
Dom Hook and Matt Lyons
:D
Jimbo Warth and Paul Berridge :D
'Da Licka 'n Da Git' -- James Perrin and Will Morriss :D
Les "Italian Moves" Martin and Liam Cook :D
Mark Paddon and Billy Ernest :D
Matt and Amy Clarke :D
Steven Phillips and James Eveleigh :D
Russ Ward and Slawek :D
Russ Veal and Terry Pike :D
Arthur Treitl and Jayson Franklin :D

Draw for Saturday Morning:

TABLE 1

Dom Hook and Matt Lyons 

VS

Les "Italian Moves" Martin and Liam Cook 

TABLE 2

Adam Bassett and Richard CZ

VS

Daniel Ford and Rob Perrin 

TABLE 3

Chris Tomlin and Patrick O'Sullivan 

VS

Dan Mitchell and Byron Orde 

TABLE 4

Arthur Treitl and Jayson Franklin

VS

Matt and Amy Clarke 

TABLE 5

Mark Paddon and Billy Ernest 

VS

Paul Buckler and Richard Morley 

TABLE 6

Terry Pike and Russ Veal 

VS

Steven Phillips and James Eveleigh 

TABLE 7

Kris Robertson and Adam Robertson 

VS

'Da Licka 'n Da Git -- James Perrin and Will Morriss 

TABLE 8

Russ Ward & Slawek  Sasula

VS

Jimbo Warth and Paul Berridge 

Army Lists  -- All the army lists + stats

RACE -- PDF for the Chaos Cup - A Side game for people that wish to play it Saturday night.

Edited by jonwarmington
  • Like 1

The Mission pack has been added to the first post.

This is version 1.0 - as I would like this event to be as good as possible I would welcome feedback on the mechanics of the game play for each mission, incase Ive forgotten/missed something.

Thanks

Edited by jonwarmington

OK so we have had a few more people sign up as interested and a few more have paid. Looking to be a great mix of different people coming along to the event.

I’ve updated both the Event Pack with a few changes, the Mission pack with feedback from different people and also in the first post is now the BoS Houserules and FAQ pack which hopefully addresses some questions people have been asking; these are now the final packs for the time.

It’s looking more and more likely that the Generals Handbook will be out. Once this is out I will be doing a final pack that will just update the packs for Games Workshop points, unless people feel it will effect things too much.

Anyway - Carry on signing up for this it should be a load of fun

13 hours ago, Paul Buckler said:

Joe has had to drop out so my new partner is Richard Morley.

No problems Paul all updated.

Due to the generals Handbook being able to be read in shops and I've had a good little look at it over the last few days the first post is now updated to the final Event Pack, Mission Pack and Houserules due to the Generals Handbook coming out. Enjoy and as Chris said get signing up for this it should be a great laugh. Also I would be grateful now the final pack is out that if people that are interested can start sending their payments in it will help me gage correct number for sorting things out.

Edited by jonwarmington

Just had a full read over the pack @jonwarmington - really impressed. The scenarios look varied, fun and have clearly had some thought put into them. Good work. May need to reconsider my list plans though now that I'll need a behemoth it seems!

One question though, me and Paddy are both looking at using Destruction. However as he is using Moonclan and me Ironjawz, I thought I would have to take some generic battleline units. However from the looks of the pack, as long as my individual 1,000 point army is pure Ironjawz, I can use Brutes, Ardboyz and Gore-gruntas as battline. Is this correct? I do hope so as it stops me needing crappy Orruk battleline tax and my army will look nicer!

Either it'd be good to know asap as I'm gonna need to get painting!

Cheers,

Thanks mate on the feedback tried to bring some interesting dynamics to the game with the missions.

You are also right Chris with reguarding building your force, its as an individual. ? So go ahead with Smashy Ironjawz...... Also as you are both destruction you will be able to get the allegiancy abilities.

Ok great cheers. We'll have to get list writing and more importantly - painting!

A downside to pure Ironjawz is the behemoth conundrum - we'll need them for the Battleplans but the Maw-Krusha being leader/behemoth is a downside in a couple of them I believe (not to mention being 520 points!). Will have to see what Paddy can bring to the table.

Sorry for the slow payment, though I'd already sent it. Looking forward to this hugely, not quite sure how to go with my army yet as the scenarios have really given me something to think about!

I urge anyone looking at going to get confirmed ASAP, this looks to be a fantastic event and getting a few more confirmed will likely encourage more to attend.

Just listened to TBS and this sounded great. 

Although my opinion in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter i wanted to share it as feedback. 

I feel it's such a shame that sole compendium armies (TK/ Brets) are not allowed. I could understand not allowing units that didn't make it for armies that did but as someone who would of come to this using Tomb Kings it seems such a shame.  

Edited by Untimention

4 hours ago, Untimention said:

Just listened to TBS and this sounded great. 

Although my opinion in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter i wanted to share it as feedback. 

I feel it's such a shame that sole compendium armies (TK/ Brets) are not allowed. I could understand not allowing units that didn't make it for armies that did but as someone who would of come to this using Tomb Kings it seems such a shame.  

yep I understand this and it was something I went backwards and forwards on a number of times, in fact I did almost let TK and Bretts in mainly as it did put a small amount of people not able to sign up. Yet in the end I just felt more comfortable with the route of no compendium stuff. Thanks on the feedback and once I feel more comfortable in the system it will be something I will look at again.

*Small update for the event, I plan on running a small side game on the Saturday night for people that want to stay on a little and push a model around and have a laugh drink a beer or two with friends and fellow gamers. All Im going to say at this stage is silks and crops might be required.

Edited by jonwarmington
  • Like 1

Jon,

probably a bit of a stupid question, but if I'm running pure sylvaneth and my team mate is various order units, can I access the sylvaneth lore, battle traits, command traits and artefacts or am I limited to the generic order ones.

thanks

jimbo

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Jon,

probably a bit of a stupid question, but if I'm running pure sylvaneth and my team mate is various order units, can I access the sylvaneth lore, battle traits, command traits and artefacts or am I limited to the generic order ones.

thanks

jimbo

Hi jimbo 

Not a silly question at all. As one of you is a Slyvaneth and one is order you will only get access to the general order traits etc, as this is the Alliance you both have. This has come up with a other team bringing boneslitterz and ogres, and its something I didn't really see this but feel at this stage (3 weeks to go) thats the best compromise as it might give odd effects to the game.