Gnarlroot wording question

Mune

Question

12 answers to this question

I would disagree.  The OR in this instance is being used in an inclusive way.  I would therefore say that any and all TLAs, Branchwyches or Branchwraiths can cast an extra spell so long as they are part of a Gnarlroot Wargrove.  It excludes any other spell-casting units, such as Drycha or an Order Wizard in the Wargrove.

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

I would disagree.  The OR in this instance is being used in an inclusive way.  I would therefore say that any and all TLAs, Branchwyches or Branchwraiths can cast an extra spell so long as they are part of a Gnarlroot Wargrove.  It excludes any other spell-casting units, such as Drycha or an Order Wizard in the Wargrove.

^^^agreed. Must be within the Wargrove and the defined units (which I stated earlier). 

1 hour ago, BaldoBeardo said:

The use of "their" hero phase over "its" hero phase lends weight to the "or" being inclusive.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

So you would say its just 1 extra spell and not 1 for each.

Gw should release an faq on this.

1 hour ago, MayItBe said:

Both TLA and Branchwych gets additional spell.
otherwise it would be worded 'one of your'

Except the language of uses to define who gets the bonus is with an OR. I'm reading that as if I have three options on who I give the additional spell to

In other cases (like ironjawz battalions) you need to choose 1 model and 'name' it differently. If only 1 wizard in gnarlroot should get additional spell we would have something like 'choose one of your TLA, wych (...) to became gnarlroot leader. That model can cast (...)'

As for my interpretation

If you look on the Warhammer Community site in the Age of Sigmar Spotlight - Sylvaneth Part 6 under the 

Take ample advantage of Roused by Magic. section

There is this quote:

• Let’s start with the obvious: the Gnarlroot Wargrove battalion, a perennial favourite, enables Treelord Ancients, Branchwyches andBranchwraiths to cast and unbind two spells each, making it perfect for leveraging Roused by Magic. As one example, a Gnarlroot Wargrove list with Alarielle, a Treelord Ancient, two Branchwyches, and a Loremaster can cast 10 spells in a round.

Hope that helps

Archived