2000pt Soulblight List/Question

Black_Fortress_Immortal

Hello all - I had a question regarding a potential Death list that I was building, as a friend of mine is selling me some of his models that he wants to get rid of (very cheaply, to boot):

Allegiance: Death

Heroes
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440) - General - Command Trait : Ruler of the Night - Deathlance & Shield & Chalice - Artefact : Cursed Book
Vampire Lord (140) - Flying Horror
Vampire Lord (140) - Flying Horror

Units
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)
6 x Vargheists (320)
4 x Bat Swarms (160)

Total: 1980/ 2000 

The idea for this list is fairly straightforward - Keep VLoZD up/healed, and use him to fly towards key battles/flanks, and buffed up Deathless Minions saves and buff either himself or a key allied unit with his command ability.  The 2 Vampire Lords can fly 10" and have great utility this way, as well as being able to debuff a key enemy unit, and throw out the obligatory Mystic Shield/Arcane Bolt.  The Bat Swarms I can sub out for more Vargheists, but I plan on flying them up towards key shooting units, since they only have to be within 12" to debuff them with that -1 to hit rolls (since this doesn't stack, it's better to have x4, rather than 2x2, and can receive Deathless Minions bonus).  Blood Knights will do what Blood Knights do... haha.

Some variations:

1. Dropping 1 Vampire Lord, 4 bat swarms will buy me 300pts for another unit of Blood Knights, and dropping 4 x Bat swarms will give me 3 more Vargheists.  I don't fancy the Coven Throne, and have decided to ignore it in this list.  

2. Dropping 2 Vampire Lords, 2 bat swarms, add Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror and 3 Vargheists.  This is one less hero, but the spell for the Vampire Lord on Terror, DOUBLES a unit's move characteristic... In that case, the Vargheists would receive the Command Ability + Mystic Shield + Hellish Vigour = 24" fly, 4+ save, 28a/3+/3+/-1/2 reroll failed hits that generate more attacks per model killed.  These would be the crowd-clearers, 

3. Dropping 2 Vampire Lords, Vargheists, Bats, Add 10 more Blood Knights and Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror.  This would basically be Blood Knights 2 x 10, 1 x 5, and heroes... Vampire Lords would buff a Blood Knight deathstar to have 30 wounds, saving on 3+ with mystic shield (2+ vs attacks with no rend), 5+ Deathless Minions save, 20" move (buffed), 30 attacks, rerolling failed hits... that do D3 damage on the charge (!!!).  A one-trick pony, that buffed up, on average against a 4+ save base, would = 24 wounds.  Even if something crazy like Khorne Skullreapers or Bloodwarriors, the extra save would sustain their numbers, allowing for a model to regen each turn.

Thoughts?  Concerns?  I know it's not massive model count, and lacks shooting, so armies like Khorne will give me some trouble, but the ability to soak up mortal wounds, heal, and regen models, as well as flying chargers a la Vargheists, will allow me to fly into some Thundertusks, should I ever face them.

Archived