What happens if you mix weapons in a unit of skeleton warriors?

Kugane

I'm building a Deathrattle army and I now have 30 Spear + shield and 10  sword + shield. I was wondering what would happen if I mix these units? Will all 40 count as spear + shield? Or will the ones with a sword have to be rolled seperate?

12 minutes ago, Kugane said:

I'm building a Deathrattle army and I now have 30 Spear + shield and 10  sword + shield. I was wondering what would happen if I mix these units? Will all 40 count as spear + shield? Or will the ones with a sword have to be rolled seperate?

You can take unit with all spears or unit with all swords. Only some units in game like ardboys can take different weapons inside one unit.

55 minutes ago, Imperial said:

You can take unit with all spears or unit with all swords. Only some units in game like ardboys can take different weapons inside one unit.

What happens rule-wise if you were to mix them? Highest quantity decides? Or you can simply not take them at all?

7 hours ago, Kugane said:

What happens rule-wise if you were to mix them? Highest quantity decides? Or you can simply not take them at all?

Depends on your opponent. There is no hard rule that you have perfect WYSIWYG on each model but many tournaments expect it. Most casual opponents won't care so long as you tell them what the unit has before the game.

14 hours ago, themortalgod said:

Depends on your opponent. There is no hard rule that you have perfect WYSIWYG on each model but many tournaments expect it. Most casual opponents won't care so long as you tell them what the unit has before the game.

I see! thank you very much for the information. I guess I'll start building 10 extra spearmen for my 40 skeleton block then, just to be on the safe side. They don't take long to paint anyways I suppose :).

Just to add to the OP, my buddy who plays skaven had mixed weapons our first game. We tried it, and both agreed it did not bode well.

so just like you, he slowly began to remedy the issue and now has two nice blocks of proper clan rats.

Good luck, and paint on!

12 hours ago, Blutsteigen said:

Just to add to the OP, my buddy who plays skaven had mixed weapons our first game. We tried it, and both agreed it did not bode well.

so just like you, he slowly began to remedy the issue and now has two nice blocks of proper clan rats.

Good luck, and paint on!

I think I'll need some sword+ shield skeletons eventually anyways! Thank you for the advice!^^

Archived