Bastilodon effectiveness?

BaronBanana

Starting with Fyreslayers, their lack of miniature selection is slightly annoying.  So talking with a couple friend, they told me I should take some lizards and paint them like the magmadroth (which is baller as hel looking).  I came across the bastilodon, which wasn't around when i played, and turning the gem into a dripping ball of lava seemed like a fantastic idea.  How is it though?  Does the game experience match the price tag?

The bastilidon with the solar engine is savage, he's tanky as hell and has a good (if somewhat random) damage output, more so if you happen to shoot a daemon with it. He's definately one of the stronger Seraphon unit and to my mind well worth the price tag.

I have faced off against a Bastiladon several times, and it usually does very well.  Even it rolls poorly for you, it can pull its weight.  Good shooting and decent melee, a Bastiladon is a good choice for an Order army.

Also, the fact that it ignores Rend against it and has a 4+ save against Mortal Wounds makes it one of the most survivable un-buffed units in the game!

Take the Ark of Sotek into a mass combat sometime. Your opponent will lose models from a lot of surrounding units every turn, and the Bastiladon is immensely difficult to kill. I built mine with the Solar Engine but I always struggle against a friend's Ark of Sotek. 

Archived