Hey everyone wondering if I could get a little help with my dispossesd shooting army

Here's the list

Dwarf engineer (80)

Runelord general (80)

Runelord (80)

Runelord (80)

30x thunderers (360)

30x quarrellers (360)

10xlongbeards (140)

10xlongbeards (140)

10xlongbeards (140)

Cannon (180)

Cannon (180)

Cannon (180)

2000/2000

Or

Engineer (80)

2xRunelord (1 of them is general) (160)

30xthunderers (360)

30xquarrellers (360)

10xlongbeards (140)

20xSaurus (200)

20xskinks (160)

3xCannon (540)

2000/2000

All Battline is there for bubble wrapping the shooting and because I need it but I don't know if I should use Seraphon because Suarus ignore rend and skinks are more shooting. But I don't know if I should just go with the three units of longbeards. Any suggestions for Battline or anything else you think the lists need

If you can fit it in, I would strongly suggest adding a Celestial Huricanum. It gives +1 to hit on all friendly order units, and dishes out mortal wounds.

Also i would replace the thunderers with more quarellers, if you have the models. I prefer them for their longer range and ability to shoot twice when the unit size is over 20.

Kharadron Grunstock Thunderers with Mortars could be fun too :)

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help,

I like the idea of the celestial huricanum but I think it's not gonna be as good when in the next generals handbook (when I'm most likely finish the army) and i have thunderers and not enough money to by more quarrellers so I probably won't put them in in the near future but always thanks for the suggestion 

If you are going gunline Grim Burlockson is a nice choice.  He is an engineer so adding him is only 20pt to find and gives a thunderers (or crossbow) unit +6" range, decided after set-up so your opponent wont know which unit you will choose. Id probably also try to fit in a combat buffing character over a 3rd runlord, Belgar Ironhammer is good as gives units +1 attack in melee against a target but mostly as he gets to attack twice. Some armies will neutralise your cannons in short order and can whether your crossbows and rifles, so its nice to have something in your bubble wrap that can hit back, if only to delay and give an extra turn or two shooting.

If you are planning to stay in a lined defence having warriors instead of longbeards is not a great loss, as the single unit of longbeards will still buff the warriors. If you line them out in front of the longbeards they will screen against melee armies (i.e. get slaughtered) so it looks sensible to me.

Dropping a runelord for Belgar depends how you planned to use your runelords really, as with GHB2 you wont likely be stacking them.  If you want to stick with the 3 instead of Belgar then just dropping 1 unit of longbeards for warriors would cover the cost of Grim and i think his range buff is useful enough to do that.

I will definitly drop one unit of longbeards to warriors for grim but i think in GHB1 it would be worlth it to keep 3 runelords for the fact that I can have both my thunderers and my crossbows having -2 rend but in GHB2 if they make it so it can't stack then i will drop down to 2 for the belgar

What do you see everything in the list achieving?

Presume the intent is stack the rend on the xbows and shoot stuff off, cannons also do good range & high rend shooting and largely the thunderers do the same.  Longbeards just there to fill the battleline requirement?

Have you thought about how you play under different scenarios? If I was facing it I'd just be sitting back out of range of as much as possible and trying to win on scenarios unless I was able to use greater mobility/range to just bully the shooting you have (I'm thinking skyfires & kurnoth hunters here).  Kunning Rukk could potentially outshoot you by just hiding the boss and then using the movement to jump forward with their movement tricks and pour shots into your shooting, cripple one unit and play to double turn and do the second in the next one.

Overall it's just looking a bit too samey for my tastes.

I ran a list at heat 2 which was:

• Hurricanum with wizard
  • 2x Runelords
  • Grimm
  • Frost phoenix annointed
  • Loremaster
  • 30 quarellers
  • 20 Glade Guard
  • 3x10 skinks (battleline)
  • Hellstorm Rocket

All mostly shooting but it had a bit of a mix in there of Mortal Wounds, High Rend and the indirect fire on the hellstorm to give the army a few different looks.  The phoenix was there as a tarpit but also to get objectives in 3 places of power. I ended up 3-2 but was in with a chance on one of the losses and faced a similar but more optimal army (and played very badly against it) in the other loss. 

Thanks alot for the list I may change a few thing because i dont have the money to buy it all right away but all around I like it and you where right with the My army can't really get objectives because i played a few test games with 1000 points and i stuggled geting objectives. 

2 hours ago, Calprice31 said:

Thanks for the help,

I like the idea of the celestial huricanum but I think it's not gonna be as good when in the next generals handbook  

Truthfully, it's not that great now.

Sure, the +1 to Hit is great.  And the potential for scores of mortal wounds to great.  But with only 11 wounds and a 4+ save, it's surprisingly easy to neutralize.

That said,  it is still worth taking. 

18 hours ago, Criti said:

Truthfully, it's not that great now.

Sure, the +1 to Hit is great.  And the potential for scores of mortal wounds to great.  But with only 11 wounds and a 4+ save, it's surprisingly easy to neutralize. 

Toss a phoenix stone on there, you've enough wizards floating around for a mystic shield as and when needed and it's survivable enough.

The ability to pump out a decent volume of mortal wounds at a reasonable range is not to be sniffed at.

If I were to be building an order gunline from the ground up I'd probably take 2.

• Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (320)
  • Battlemage (100) - life wizard to heal the hurricanums/celestant
  • Aether-Khemist (100) - buff the skyhooks
  • Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
  • 20 x Arkanaut Company (240) - 6 skyhooks
  • 10 x Skinks (80)- blowpipes
  • 10 x Skinks (80)- blowpipes
  • 3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)- Greatbows

Total: 2000/2000

But that is totally moving away from the duardin lists being talked about here.

Sticking pure duardin you'll always struggle in the movement game.  A couple of gyrocopters can help in the scenarios where you can contest with just 1 model but realistically you want to broaden your selection with other order units to address the movement shortfalls.  Be it skinks for fast & cheap or dracoths for fast & survivable (not that it gives you much by way of bodies).

20 hours ago, Dave Fraser said:

Toss a phoenix stone on there, you've enough wizards floating around for a mystic shield as and when needed and it's survivable enough.

The ability to pump out a decent volume of mortal wounds at a reasonable range is not to be sniffed at.

If I were to be building an order gunline from the ground up I'd probably take 2.

• Battlemage (100) - life wizard to heal the hurricanums/celestant
  • Aether-Khemist (100) - buff the skyhooks
  • Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
  • 20 x Arkanaut Company (240) - 6 skyhooks
  • 10 x Skinks (80)- blowpipes
  • 10 x Skinks (80)- blowpipes

Total: 2000/2000

But that is totally moving away from the duardin lists being talked about here.

Sticking pure duardin you'll always struggle in the movement game.  A couple of gyrocopters can help in the scenarios where you can contest with just 1 model but realistically you want to broaden your selection with other order units to address the movement shortfalls.  Be it skinks for fast & cheap or dracoths for fast & survivable (not that it gives you much by way of bodies).

I seriously doubt the survivability of this list. Who is gonna tank the damage so that the shooting can happen for more than a round ?

I only see few bodies and nothing to keep the opponent at place - let alone take objectives.

2nd Celestial Hurricanum really does seem an overkill also :P

Archived