Noob going Ironjawz 1000p

trarux

Hallo

Me and my friends at work is going to start playing AoS and I have chosen Ironjawz as my team . I have heard that they are not the best,  but I love the look of them.

So we are going to start with 1000p ang then work from there

What I have orderd is 

1x Start Collecting! Ironjawz

1x Megaboss

What I think I should buy

1x Ironjawz Weirdnob Warband (for the Brutes and the Shaman)

This would give me 

1 battleline of Ardboys

1 battleline of Brutes 

1 battleline of Gore-Gruntas

1 Megaboss

1 Warchanter

1 Shaman

Total 880 points

Is this the way to go or should I focus more at Gore-Gruntas or somthing else ? 

Have a gr8 day

So, aside from including an Ironfist battalion (60 pts), I would also suggest, if you have the money, to pick up another Skirmish box. Reason: Aside from being an amazing deal on brutes, it will give you the option of another 10 Ardboys (since that unit is in groups of 10, the other group of 5 you have will round it out) or another 5 brutes. Then, it kinda depends on what your playstyle is, or what you find more fun. The standard 1000 pt list tends to be Megaboss, Chanter, Battleline x4, Ironfist. Still, play around and judge based off what some of your other group is building.

Welcome to Ironjawz. They're fun, and have more complexity and require more finesse than one would initially expect.

5 hours ago, Anaticula said:

It's good start. As others will say: You'll need more Brutes.

I've won a local tourney with 1k Ironjawz, you may want to look at my list: 1k Ironjawz 1st place

Of course, it depends on your playstyle, and you don't have to play exactly as I did to be a threat. But it might help you.

Welcome to the WAAAGH!

hey and thx for the feedback , just two questions :) why brutes over gruntas ? 

And where can I read about the artefacts for the heroes 

have a good day 

3 hours ago, Tuluth said:

So, aside from including an Ironfist battalion (60 pts), I would also suggest, if you have the money, to pick up another Skirmish box. Reason: Aside from being an amazing deal on brutes, it will give you the option of another 10 Ardboys (since that unit is in groups of 10, the other group of 5 you have will round it out) or another 5 brutes. Then, it kinda depends on what your playstyle is, or what you find more fun. The standard 1000 pt list tends to be Megaboss, Chanter, Battleline x4, Ironfist. Still, play around and judge based off what some of your other group is building.

Welcome to Ironjawz. They're fun, and have more complexity and require more finesse than one would initially expect.

Hey and thx for your feedback!  

Skrimish box = Ironjawz Weirdnob Warband? 

I gues brutes is the way to go with Megaboss then

Have a good day :)

The Ironjawz Battletome will have your battalions. There is currently no actual allegiance for the purposes of Matched Play, so we use the Destruction allegiance (it's REALLY good). The General's Handbook 2017 (GHB2) may change that.

Your foot units typically go like this: Gruntas = Mobile tarpit; Brutes = Hard hitting, very scary when buffed,  LOW bravery; Ardboys = Objective Holders, wall, scary when buffed; Megaboss = leads from the front, keep near brutes to buff, command ability typically not worth it; Warchanter = buff from behind the front lines, not good in combat; Weirdnob = reliable spells and unbinds when near other units, Foot of Gork spell only if you're desperate, very expensive in a lot of cases because he typically is brought for an unbind and mystic shield.

Also yes, the Skirmish box = Ironjawz Weirdnob Warband. It was assembled for the AoS: Skirmish module, so I just refer to it as such.

9 hours ago, Tuluth said:

The Ironjawz Battletome will have your battalions. There is currently no actual allegiance for the purposes of Matched Play, so we use the Destruction allegiance (it's REALLY good). The General's Handbook 2017 (GHB2) may change that.

Your foot units typically go like this: Gruntas = Mobile tarpit; Brutes = Hard hitting, very scary when buffed,  LOW bravery; Ardboys = Objective Holders, wall, scary when buffed; Megaboss = leads from the front, keep near brutes to buff, command ability typically not worth it; Warchanter = buff from behind the front lines, not good in combat; Weirdnob = reliable spells and unbinds when near other units, Foot of Gork spell only if you're desperate, very expensive in a lot of cases because he typically is brought for an unbind and mystic shield.

Also yes, the Skirmish box = Ironjawz Weirdnob Warband. It was assembled for the AoS: Skirmish module, so I just refer to it as such.

One more question :) 

What weapons should I use on my brutes ?

in every 5 , 1 with claw and brute smasha I gues and then ?  

1 hour ago, trarux said:

What weapons should I use on my brutes ?

Double Brute Choppas in units of five, Jagged Gore-hackas in units of ten or larger for the reach. Always take the Gore Choppa per five guys, and always go with the Klaw and Smasha on your boss.

Having that said, that's just the "optimal" setup. Remember that the most important rule is the rule of cool!

12 hours ago, trarux said:

So do I understand right when I say that Ironjawz need some kind of buff to get more solid ? 

Is it possible there will be new trops / heroes for Ironjawz in the future ? 

Most has been said already. Ironjawz are fun to play and can be hard, but if you looking to play competitively, don't play them.

I want to emphasize: Brutes kill your enemies. Ardboyz and Gruntas mostly do not. You want your Brutes go into close combat with a buff, e.g. from your warchanter. Then they hit on 2+ which is brutal. If you manage to have a Megaboss close by you can reroll failed hit rolls. This is as hard as it gets. BUT still pick your fights wisely. Brutes are not very resilient. The 4+ save is good against standard units, but as soon as there is someone with rend who gets to hit you, they die quickly.

Unfortunately we cannot hope for new IJ releases all too soon. What we can expect are new abilities and artefacts in the new General's Handbook. Maybe we will even get a fresh battletome. We'd deserve one.

Archived