Can spells stack?

nick331999

Question

Let's say you have multiple spell caster units that are the same.

Say Vampire Lords for instance.

Vampire Lord's ability reduces an enemy unit's attacks by 1. (to a minimum of 1)

Let's say I use 2 Vampire Lords,  would I be able to reduce a unit with 3 attacks all the way down to 1???

Thanks guys

4 answers to this question

Spells and abilities can stack, but be careful on wording - some indicate that multiple applications make no difference.
Also, matched play rules of one state you cannot attempt to cast the same spell more than once.
But for your given example, yes - two casts of soul blight would apply a -2A penalty on the unit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, nick331999 said:

Thanks for the reply but sorry matched rules of what exactly state that you cant cast the same spell more than once??

Think BaldoBeardo meant once per turn. And that should be the first rule of one in the generals handbook.

Think BaldoBeardo meant once per turn. And that should be the first rule of one in the generals handbook.

In a "Pitched Battle" (p. 106 of the Generals Handbook):

“The 1st Rule of One: Each spell can be attempted only once per turn rather than once per wizard per turn. For example, after you have attempted to cast Arcane Bolt, you cannot attempt to cast it again in the same turn.”

If you are not playing "Pitched Battle" (I.e. You are playing either Open or Narrative) you can cast each spell "Once per wizard per turn".

Archived