Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

LJ26

Who's going to NOVA OPEN

8 posts in this topic

LJ26    33

I'm local so I'm definitely going. I am wondering how it stacks up in popularity against LVO and adepticon? Are lots of people traveling? Will all the famous Americans be there and maybe some famous hobbyist from across the pond? Will this he the most competitive US tournament yet? I'm actually just curious bc it's really cool to have tournament like this in my backyard. 

Edited by LJ26
  • Like 1

RoloMcFury    18

I'm more than likely going, but I'd be lying if I said was totally psyched about the event. There's no painting requirement and the missions are... wonky, in my opinion. As I recall, two of them involve your army being split into smaller parts, which completely nullifies the concept of building an army with synergy. As such, I'd wager armies with units that perform best in a vacuum will dominate.

In terms of popularity- 40k is the main event, but I'd still expect a good turnout. Nova in general seems to have swelled to ridiculous proportions this year.

Edited by RoloMcFury

I won't be going, for the same reasons Auticus mentioned.  And like Auticus, I would participate in the grand narrative event.

That said, some of my models should be there!  I contributed some Deathwatch Space Marines to a charity army to be auctioned off.  The army is currently "under review", but keep an eye open for it!

chord    411
10 hours ago, Auticus said:

I want to, but its a 9 hour drive and I need to get time off.  If I go it will be to do the grand narrative.

That's about what it is for me as well.... Are you in SC by any chance?

Veterannoob    271
17 hours ago, LJ26 said:

I'm local so I'm definitely going. I am wondering how it stacks up in popularity against LVO and adepticon? Are lots of people traveling? Will all the famous Americans be there and maybe some famous hobbyist from across the pond? Will this he the most competitive US tournament yet? I'm actually just curious bc it's really cool to have tournament like this in my backyard. 

I moved from MD before I learned NOVA was a thing, as it was getting big in 2013. d'oh!:$ Hopefully see ya there.

Lysandestolpe    622

We are a bunch of guys from RVA that are driving up. We'll be playing both Team tournament and some of us will be doing the GT, while some are doing Dark Age.

We're also having a NOVA prep tournament on Sunday at Battlegrounds RVA running first 3 missions of the GT if anyone lives nearby and wants to come and try a list out. :) We're a laid back group of gamers with some competitiveness but more focusing on having fun.

https://www.facebook.com/events/108577013050338/?acontext={"source"%3A5%2C"page_id_source"%3A731930850194186%2C"action_history"%3A[{"surface"%3A"page"%2C"mechanism"%3A"main_list"%2C"extra_data"%3A"{\"page_id\"%3A731930850194186%2C\"tour_id\"%3Anull}"}]%2C"has_source"%3Atrue}

• Like 1